Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tam CocStop: 4 hours - Admission included7:45 am - 8:15 am: Meet your friendly, professional guide at your hotel (located in Hanoi Old Quarter) and set off for Ninh Binh province, about 90km south of Hanoi. There will be a stop halfway through the drive to stretch and peruse the variety of traditional handicrafts available for purchase. Shop for paintings, embroideries and lacquer wares and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding rice fields. Upon arriving in Hoa Lu around 10:30am, learn about the important role the area played in Vietnam’s history. This city was the ancient capital of the country in the 10th and 11th centuries and was built by the Dinh and Le dynasties. Hoa Lu is surrounded by limestone mountains and the Hoang Long River, naturally protecting it and making for an incredibly picturesque setting. At 11am, head for the ruins of the temples left by the Dinh and Le dynasties. Explore the excavation area at the Le Dai Hanh temple and the remains of the 10th-Century Royal Palaces. Next it’s time to board the bus and drive to Tam Coc, known for its resemblance to famous Ha Long Bay and gorgeous rise paddies. Meaning ‘three caves,’ Tam Coc is the perfect place for countryside exploring. Chose to do an optional 40-minute bike ride from Tam Boc to the Bich Dong Pagoda, a total of 5km in length that passes along a country road through lush rice paddies. Then it will be time for a delicious buffet lunch in a nearby restaurant. At 2pm, get in 2-person sampan boats and drive down the river to three different caves. Explore their natural wonders and then return to the dock, where a bus will be waiting to drive back to Hanoi. The guide will return you to your hotel (Located in Hanoi Old Quarter) at the end of the tour.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced and enthusiastic driver
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Buffet lunch
- Entry/Admission - Tam Coc
- VAT Tax and travel insurance.
- Tips and other expenses not mentioned in the package
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Elegant Travel
Mekong Delta Tour
Ben, our guide, picked us up from our city centre hotel and took us to the Mekong Delta, it was around a hour and 1…
Not the greatest
Our tour guide (Kim) was quiet and didn’t provide a lot of information/history/explanation during the day. It felt …
Great day out!
Tien (Tony) was our guide for the day. He was exceptionally knowledgable of the Vietnamese history. Answered all ou…
A bit rushed
Attended this tour with children and grandchildren unfortunately I was not feeling particularly well which probably…
We had organized throught Elegant Travel full day excursion to Mekong delta, half day trip to Chu Chi tunnels and t…
Very efficient tour company
From first contact, Elegant Travel were brilliant at responding to emails and organising this trip... it was very c…
Wow! What a day! It was only the two of us on the tour and no crowds in sight. Definitely worth the money.
Tour of Na Trang
My husband and I had previously used Elegant travel for the Cu Chi tunnels tour and it was amazing. This time we w…
Tunnels & Delta in one day.. Amazing!
My husband and I went on this tour in September 2017 when we were visiting Vietnam and we were not disappointed! In…
Great tour guide and driver
We had a splendid day together with our excellent guide Mr Phong and our driver which I unfortunately don't remembe…
Enjoyable trip to Cu Chi and Mekong
We booked this trip through the Get a guide website. We only booked it the day before but the guide arrived promptl…
With limited time left it was great to experience both Mekong Delta and Cu Ci tunnels in one day. It is a lot of dr…
What can we say about this experience? We are glad we had it, it enriched our knowledge about Vietnam, the war and …
Private Day Tour
Vietnam has been on my husbands bucket list for years and we finally got the chance to visit this year. He says tha…
Nice compact tour covering highlights of Cu Chi and Mekong
Great tour guide, picked up directly from hotel, interesting sights and activities - would definitely recommend the…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Popular: Booked by 467 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 4,676 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day
What time does Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day start?
Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day on Tripadvisor
How much is Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day?
Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day price starts from $45.00. Discover and book Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day on Tripadvisor
What is the Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day cancellation policy?
Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hanoi - Hoa Lu Ancient Capital - Tam Coc Full Day on Tripadvisor