Thai for a day
By Exo Travel
Discover Thai culture through the eyes of a local. Spend a day with a family, joining them as they go about their day to day activities. Learn about deep-rooted traditions and hear stories of the past while preparing a typical Thai meal at the family’s rural home.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Meals as mentioned (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- English speaking local host
- Fisherman’s pants- to keep!
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hang Dong
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- International and Domestic Flights
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Tips, Travel insurance
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- - Pick up at the hotel - Surcharges apply for pickup and/or drop-off from hotels out of Chiang Mai City Centre.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6258P21
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- In case of other private groups booking the tour on the same day, the presentation part, conducted upon arrival by Mr. Prapat, about the family, the house, Thai tradition and culture, as well as a walk through the garden, will be join-in. But cooking experience with the family, also the dining, will be private.
- This is not a commercial cooking class. This is a fun cooking experience with a local family.
- Surcharges apply for pickup and/or drop-off from hotels out of Chiang Mai City Centre.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Thai for a day
What you can expect during your visit
- Prior to arrival, guests are encouraged to purchase masks and hand-sanitiser from their home countries. Additionally, they are briefed on sensible precautions to take such as washing their hands frequently, avoiding crowded areas, to avoid touching their faces. Although it is not compulsory in any of our destinations, we do also encourage guests to wear face masks when they are out in public. Our guides and drivers will also be wearing face masks when interacting with guests.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Thai for a day?
- Thai for a day price starts from $103.90. Discover and book Thai for a day on Tripadvisor
- What is the Thai for a day cancellation policy?
- Thai for a day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Thai for a day on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Thai for a day?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 6258P21
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Chiang Mai Home Host by Raunkaew-Yanon FamilyStop: 7 hours - Admission includedEnjoy learning how to cook the meal with a local family.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Silver Temple for man
Really nice temple from silver. But information for woman, you can not go there inside, only man. Nice place to exp…
Highly recommend this adventure and educational experience in Chiang Mai.
We began in a comfortable van to drive to see the monks come for the morning offerings made by the Thai people and …
Best tour in Chiang Mai!
Our tour guide (Ar) is the best guide ever. We learned so much from this tour, understanding Thai culture and Monk …
Worth the visit
Lovely spiritual experience our guide was fantastic, certainly worth getting up extra early to avoid heat and crowd…
Located on the first floor of the Chiang-Mai night market is this gem of a music bar which hosts the “Boy Blues Ban…
Pee Yo Thapthep was Great
The tour was incredible and offered a lot of places & great information. Our tour guide was Pee Yo & he was excelle…
Our favorite tour so far... :)
We had the best time and learned so much from this tour. Highly recommend! The morning blessing is such a neat expe…
It was nice to get to hear the monks chant And the 6 course dinner Was amazing and the night market was something I…
Chiang Mai Night Tour- Very Informative
This private tour was very informative! We were first taken to a temple to hear the monks chant and were taught so …