Spend a day with a touch of local experience. On this Kanchanaburi private tour, you will immerse yourself with the local culture through the people, food and even dessert. Visit the ancient market and walk inside the fresh market. Meet with the local family and learn about traditional Thai culinary and dessert making in their home. Learn about the rescued Elephants and participate in many activities to help the elephants surrounded by lush green forest and charming River Kwai.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide
- Hotel Pickup & Drop-off
- All Entrance & Activity Fees
- Lunch with local family at Maneewong House
- Bottled water
- Clothing will be provided at the Elephant Camp
- Entry/Admission - Fresh Market Kanchanaburi
- Entry/Admission - Wat Tham Sua
- Entry/Admission - Sai Yok
- Any personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from hotels in Bangkok. Our guide will meet you at 06:00 AM at your hotel lobby. If you do not see your hotel on the list, please kindly provide us with your hotel name and address.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100506P28
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care on Tripadvisor
- How much is Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care?
- Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care price starts from $220.73. Discover and book Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care cancellation policy?
- Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care?
- Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care is hosted by Idaytrip. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Idaytrip on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100506P28
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Fresh Market KanchanaburiStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Wat Tham SuaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Elephants' Home and Nature บ้านช้าง และธรรมชาติStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in July 2018
#49 of 846 Tours & Activities in Bangkok
- PortGezza00It was a pleasure to share this day with my wifeWe had a private tour and it is a bonus. From visiting the waterfalls and going for a swim, (the fish nibbling is an experience like no other). To visiting the associated 2nd WW sites ( Bridge over the River Kwai) and listening to the information from the guide. Then to finish the day with Elephant Care - so many incredible experiences in 1 day.
- Lojeslj00Wonderful day out in nature, swimming in waterfalls, visiting the elephants!One of the best days of our trip. After a day working our way around congested Bangkok, it was a balm to the soul to take this trip out to the national park, swim in a series of gorgeous waterfalls, then visit the elephants. The surrounding area is beautiful and was a perfect capstone for the last day of our trip. Our guide, Prit, was fantastic. The van was clean and comfortable. We were able to stop when we needed for convenience stops. Lunch was a good buffet at a really pretty restaurant. We were all a little worried about the "hike" to the waterfalls, so for future readers here's the lowdown: You park and then walk a paved fairly flat trail about 300m to the first falls you can swim in (technically falls #2.) We went up to #3, paved, mildly inclined trail, and #4, (paved, much steeper with stairs.) We were there in November and the water was cool but very comfortable. There are changing rooms at level #2. It's definitely more on the "we have infrastructure out in nature" side than the "you're hoofing it thru undeveloped jungle." The elephants have the potential to get you very wet, which they know. We were given heavy weight cotton dark blue pj type shorts and shirts to wear, along with flip flops. They'll keep your clothes and shoes in a basket for your. Go commando and keep your undies dry, or bring a second set. There are changing rooms and showers with towels, shampoo and soap available. We were soaking wet by the time we got out of the river with elephants. We gave one of the workers a phone from the group and he took continuous pictures and video, which was a bonus. We had a great time and got some fabulous pictures. Definitely take this tour, you won't regret it!
- Debbie S00Ken our tour and Fred our driver was great. Totally recommend.Our experience was so amazing with the history of the bridge, Erawan waterfall, and our favorite the Elephant Sanctuary visit. Ken was great and very knowledgeable on everything. I appreciate that he took his time to take a picture for us and that he had fun with us too. Thank you Ken and Fred our driver. He got us safe to our destination. Ken I would recommend you the next time we do another tour in Thailand. We loved every moment. Thank you Debbie
- leilaneso00Private tour for coupleOur tour guide Rung was really good. The day felt chill while also productive. We appreciated that the planning of the day had avoided peak timing of massive crowds. Would recommend this !
- Charlotte K00Does the job if you don’t driveIt’s nice if you don’t have a car. If you do and don’t mind driving, this trip isn’t worth your money. The trip allows very limited time to explore each spot, and the tourist doesn’t speak very good English nor has more information than what a quick cursory Google search has to offer. The lunch arranged was not particularly great which was evidenced by the complete lack of customers despite the lunch hour.
- clairemM1582NW00Great experience, very wholesome and ethicalReally lovely day and very kind people. They really care about the elephants and it’s all very authentic and interesting. Highly recommend
- Nomad5762061191700Elephants in their natural habitatAwesome experience to interact with these magnificent creatures. They let us see them in their natural environment while allowing us to experience them in their environment in a save manner.
- Miss5pennies00Shimmering Temples accompanied by a friendly, knowledgeable guideOur guide was very friendly and knowledgeable about the temples and about the area. These were very unique temples unlike others we have seen.
- O4476SPmiker00The waterfalls were stunning & feeding & washing the Elephants is something I will remember foreverI would recommend you use the Golf Buggy to get you too the first waterfall & if you have time and the stamina visit all 7 levels of the waterfall.
- maryprofittgower00Loved the national park!Prakob was a wonderful guide and the highlight of the day was definitely the hike up erawan falls. Bring a towel bc they have shower rooms at the bottom to change after a swim. The trip to/from Bangkok took about 3 hours each way so be prepared for that. The elephant park was my least favorite bc the elephants are clearly trained to cater to tourists for photo opportunities. They seemed to be more interested in the business of tourism there than providing a sanctuary for animals. It was more like a zoo with trained elephants to do tricks. But the cave temple at Burma railway was very cool. Overall it was a fantastic outing and customer service with my guide and chauffeur was top notch.
- 67jacquelinep00Hellfire pass day tripThis is possibly the best tour I have done in Thailand. Our guide Rung was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Rung treated us like her family and was fun. Thankyou Rung. Highly recommend 👌
- Q5014INmichelles00Best in Bangkok!I admit I was getting tired of visiting Wats. However, this was one of our last in Bangkok and I am SO happy we saw it. Absolutely the best! One of the guards also offered to take some pictures of me with my son, when he saw we were alone. Truly not to be missed!
- Hannah K00Unforgettable family dayOur family of five (3 teens) absolutely loved this tour. Our guide Khun Krit was fabulous and so helpful. We visited the Bridge over the River Kwai first, then the elephants, then lunch and finally the beautiful Erawan waterfalls. We loved everything but the highlight was the elephants. We fed them watermelon and elephant “sushi” which was fun and then the beautiful elephant Ploy came down to the river with us for a bath. It was an unforgettable experience to be so close to these majestic animals. Highly recommend.
- 686krystiang00Elephant BlissThis trip was so amazing and everyone was so nice to us The elephants were great and so lively and sweet This was one of the best days I had here in Thailand hands down Would definitely do it again
- rowenal93100Amazing experienceWe had an amazing experience with the elephants. Everything was very laid back and we went with what the elephants wanted. The elephants and their carers obviously have a mutual respect and our guide was very helpful and knowledgeable. He always made sure our daughter was safe and able to join in. An unforgettable experience. It was so fun.
Buy it with
Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care provided by Idaytrip
Product Overview: Kanchanaburi Local Cuisine and Elephant Care
Number of Photos