Trip Advisor's Experiences #1 Bangkok cooking class start at 10 am. Class provides a detailed introduction to each ingredient and alternative ingredients more readily available in your home country.
You will learn 12 dishes in a single hands-on from scratch just like grandma made it 4-hour class. Our new school is expected to open April / May 2019 and that time our street market tour will begin at 10:00 am and may replace the coconut cream and milk segment below.
• 10:00 AM Class begins with an introduction touch, feel and smell of ingredients.
• 10:15 AM Make your own coconut cream and coconut milk.
• 10:30 AM Two of the dishes you will be cooking next are demonstrated.
• 11:00 AM - you are making the ingredients for your first dish
• 11:20 AM You cook your first dish Tom yum clear & creamy,
• 12:00 Noon you eat the dishes you just made.
• 12:15 PM you make the ingredients for the next dish, cook it and eat it. This is repeated for each dish of the class one dish at a time
• 2:00 PM or when the class is finished we set up your taxi ride to get you to your next destination or at your option we will escort you to the water taxi for a truly Thai traditional experience.You will learn the following 12 dishes:
• Make tom yum paste
• Cook Spicy Sour Soup and Tom Yum Clear
• Cook Tom Yum Creamy
• Cook Pad Thai
• Make green curry paste, learn to change this ingredient yellow or red curry paste
• Cook Green Curry Chicken
• Cook Holy Basil Chicken
• Cook Massaman Curry Chicken, the number one curry in the world
• Make Green Papaya Salad
• Watch how to make Sticky Rice Mango, one of the most popular desserts in the world
• In-class special requests (if ingredients are available and time allows)
Note: the times above are approximate times with smaller classes ending earlier than 2 PM and large classes may run later than 2 PM.
All classes are conducted by the school's owner, Chef Lee herself, who is believed to speak the best English of all native Thai cooking school instructors. She also speaks Thai, Laos, and some Mandarin. She is perhaps the only cooking class teacher to hold Thailand's Department of skills level 1 chef certificate, and she is a University graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
Each student will receive the recipes for the class and free subscription to the online recipe book (70+ recipes) and how to videos for your after class use.