Reserve Now & Pay Later
Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (52)
Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Visit a colorful floating market and the Bridge Over the River Kwai on a full-day guided tour from Bangkok into the lush Kanchanaburi region. Combine two top destinations to make the most of your travel time. Cruise past boats piled high with fruits and handicrafts, stand on the famous bridge, learn about Thailand’s World War II-era history, and tour the moving JEATH War Museum.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Coconut Sugar FarmStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Damnoen Saduak Floating MarketStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3River KwaiStop: 3 hours -See details
- 4JEATH War MuseumStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Kanchanaburi War CemeteryStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Bridge Over the River KwaiStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Tour East
- Value tour combines Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Kwai River
- Longtail boat ride through the floating market plus a war museum visit
- Day trip, including entrance fees and lunch, escapes Bangkok’s bustling streets
- Convenient pickup and drop-off at selected hotels
What to Expect
Meet a driver at your Bangkok hotel, then trade city streets for a landscape of salt fields and rice paddies. When you approach Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, among Thailand’s most vibrant marketplaces, board a longtail boat so you can go right into the midst of the market’s floating vendors. From there, continue to Kanchanaburi, where you pause for lunch in a local restaurant before visiting the Bridge Over the River Kwai, a symbol of the 1957 novel that illustrated the plight of Thailand’s WWII-era prisoners of war. Following your time at the bridge, head to the JEATH War Museum to see displays of pictures and artifacts from the period, and the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery to see the burial sites of many WWII prisoners of war. After a full day of exploring the landscapes that lie beyond Bangkok city limits, this tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Boat trip to the Floating Markets
- Entry/Admission - Coconut Sugar Farm
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Entry/Admission - JEATH War Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kanchanaburi War Cemetery
- Entry/Admission - Bridge Over the River Kwai
- Boat ride in the markets (optional extra, payable direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Excellent tour with a great guide mr. poo who tells a lot about the history of Thailand and the bridge on the River Kwai. There was also a very good lunch included.
Response from TourEastThailand, Director of Sales at Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
Responded Mar 17, 2020
Glad to hear that you had a great time interacting with our service, thank you very much for choosing us Tour East Thailand.
We visited the floating markets, it was interesting to see how the floating markets operated and to see Thai people actually cooking on the floating boats. We would recommend you go on the rowing boats to get a full experience of the floating markets. The visit to the bridge…
Date of experience: March 2020
Having watched the film with my Dad several times, it's a place I wanted to visit - Bridge on River Kwai (both for my departed Dad and myself). I was not disappointed. History was brought to light - I felt a sense of peace, I was moved but the images of the Men who fought for…
Date of experience: February 2020
This was the coolest trip, tour guide lovely and helpful, very knowledgeable and excellent English. Super fun boat ride to the market and a very humbling experience at the museum, cemetery and river kwai. Would definitely recommend! Thank you tour east!!
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tour East
Good day out. Fair price.
Had an all around good day. Easy same day booking. The experience is not really affected by covid 'new normal'. Som…
Amazing trip in only one day
They pick you up from the hotel so you don’t have to worry about transportation and traffic. The guide was so cute …
Bridge on the River Kwai & The Thailand-Burma Railway Tour
Long day but well worth it & would highly recommend it to anyone. Nobody else turned up for pickup on the morning o…
Good to try once!
Indeed a nice view! We enjoyed the tour but we were too hungry because it started late, the travel was long too! Bu…
Good but could be better
Guide was lovely but felt she was going through the motions. It was interesting to get out of the City but Oh, the…
Do Not Book!!
This has probably been the worse experience someone could have whilst visiting bangkok. The directions are poor, no…
Booked this tour through Viator with InnViaggi Asia. A good tour with a very knowledgeable guide. However, we had a…
We booked through Viator using Tour East Thailand. Tour was OK but the guide was not very helpful. Basically left u…
The train was brilliant. And it was good fun on the long boat although could be uncomfortable for an older person. …
We loved this tour. Our guide was very informative and knowledgeable. The temples were amazing as well as the histo…
Beautiful complex! Not wheelchair accessible except entrance....
This is a beautiful historic place and it was a pleasure to visit it for the afternoon and see all the gorgeous Tha…
Very good guide, but boring tour
The guide was very nice and excited, with lots of trivia and jokes. The tour, however, is very long and the van was…
Great day out for Aussie war history buffs
It was a long drive to get there from Bangkok but well worth it... we then stopped at the cemetery and museum follo…
Our third trip to Ayutthaya
This time my wife and I hired a professional tour guide from our hotel. We went by Minivan and it was a totally di…
Leap Year Birthday celebration
An amazing way of celebrating my wife's 40th on February 29th: her verdict was "Best Birthday Ever". This cruise is…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 14,729 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 8,156 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 310 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 176 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok
What time does Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok start?
Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok will start at 7:10 AM. Discover and book Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok?
How much is Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok?
Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok price starts from $89.95. Discover and book Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok on Tripadvisor
What is the Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok cancellation policy?
Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok on Tripadvisor