Day 1 – Taipei - Hsinchu - Sun Moon Lake
• We will pick you up from your hotel in Taipei at the time of your choice and leave for Hsinchu. This is Hakka heartland and home to many cultural and artistic attractions.
• Surrounding these quaint villages are mountains full of Taiwan’s very valuable Green Gold - Tea. Not just any tea but Oriental Beauty famously named by Queen Victoria.
• Many farmers of Oriental Beauty are very protective of their trade secrets, but we have a friend called Mr. Hsu who is passionate about sharing both his tea and how it is processed. Unlike other teas, Oriental Beauty gets its distinct flavor due to the tea leaves being eaten by local cicada’s. As the tea heals itself it produces honey like sweetness.
• After a lunch of traditional Hakka food, we will depart to Sun Moon Lake to visit another tea farmer at a restored Japanese-era tea plantation. The tea grown here is the only Assam Tea grown on the whole island. It was introduced by the Japanese in the 1930’s as they preferred drinking Black Tea.
• As well as learning about the history, you will be able to pick and process teas in a very relaxing and informative afternoon.
• Finally, we will bring you to your hotel by the stunning Sun Moon Lake. You can explore the local fishing village and try some local snacks washed down by either Oriental Beauty or Ruby Red 18 from Sun Moon Lake.Day 2 – Sun Moon Lake - Lugu - Taipei
• Sun Moon Lake it at its best in the early morning as the sun rises over the surrounding mountains. Relax in the morning with a stroll (or cycle) around the lake.
• Around 10am we can set off for Lugu, the most famous tea growing area of Taiwan.
• In Lugu, we’ll immerse ourselves in one of Taiwan’s most beautiful tea plantations. After a lunch traditional lunch with locally grown vegetables, we will sample some of the fine oolong teas that have won a global reputation.
• Nearby, we will do a tea tasting ceremony with you so that you can better understand the variations of teas produced via the century-old traditions of wilting the teas in the sun.
• Late in the afternoon we will depart for the 2.5-hour journey back to Taipei and bring you back to your hotel.
• Price US$895 per person for 1 person
• Price US$495 per person for 2 persons*
• Price US$350 per person for 3 persons*
• Price US$295 per person for 4 persons*
• Price US$245 per person for 5 persons*
• *Based on twin sharing. Single supplement is US$70.Blockout Dates: 2018 Apr 4-8, June 15-18, Sept 22-24, Oct 10, Dec 28-Jan 2 2019, Feb 2-10, Feb 28-Mar 3