Shivapuri National Park is a natural paradise that offers a commendable and stunning view of several peaks including Langtang and Rolwaling Himalayas, pleasant nature, holy Bagmati River, amazing view of Kathmandu valley and the magnificent surroundings. You will follow the trail that proceeds next to the rugged path via dense forest including various flora and fauna for one and a half hours until you reach Nangi Gompa, where a nunnery monastery is located. Further from the monastery, the trail goes steeply uphill via rhododendron, oak, pine and bamboo forest for a couple of hours. While walking, you will enjoy the melody of chirping birds and monkeys gaze which makes feel like you are in a treat. After reaching at the top of the hill you will encounter the stunning views of Langtang-Lirtung, Roalwaling, Dorjj Lhakpa, green hills, and magnificent surroundings. While returning back to Kathmandu you will visit Budhanilkantha temple.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 2-100, max of 20 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68400P16
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu?
- Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu price starts from $90.00. Discover and book Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- What is the Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu cancellation policy?
- Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu?
- Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu is hosted by Travhill. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Travhill on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 7h. Discover and book Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68400P16
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Shivapuri National ParkStop: 7 hoursOur well-experienced guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel at 7:30 am. Then, we'll go to the entrance of Shivapuri National Park by a private car which takes around 25-30 minutes. After entering the national park, we'll start our hike. Throughout your guided hike, you'll be able to explore the flora and fauna blending with the refreshing environment. After we reach the top of Shivapuri and experience the panoramic views of the mountains, you'll take a lunch break and enjoy your packed meal. We will then descent back to the base via Tokha Park. You'll then return back to your hotel via a private car at around 2:00 pm.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in March 2018
#356 of 1,699 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
- K5251IKmanuelb00LEGIT AND SMOOTH TRANSACTIONSmooth transaction, legit and answers all our query completely with details. Best package rate ever, saves our time and arrange all itenerary in a productive manner. We stay only 3 says but was jumped packed and schedules are followed accordingly. Host is so helpful even beyond the queries. HIghly recommended
- swastud00Best experienceMe and my family had the best travel experience with travhill. They provided us with very experienced guide and good customer services.
- 416anushak00Best experience everI had my best experience with Travhill. Such good management. They managed an A class hotel for me which was clean and comfortable to stay in. I had best traveling experience with Travhill.
- darsanas202300Fantastic EBC TrekI just finished EBC trek and returned back to Kathmandu. Trek was successful and we can’t give credit to TravHill for the success of our trek to Everest region. Even in this trek which ever person we meet was fascinating with his nature of thoughts and humbleness was their. Even before the trek we meet Travhill official basanta sir, he was fantastic and he arranged each and every thing before our trek. I contacted basanta sir so many times with a millions of questions, he was always prompt and professional in his responses. The briefing of trek happened, had a delicious meal at hotel soaltee, and good sleep at a night before we headed to lukla. We can’t describe the beauty of trek we saw, no words can describe the beauty of Everest region with different landscape and clear sky with luck to our side to observe the extra beauty of Everest. Our guide Pemba did managed this trek very nicely and he felt is so comfortable while on trek, it was perfect. Also Pemba ensured us we get the best sleeping rooms. They were surprisingly warm and comfortable !! We are already thinking about next trip with TravHill and we recommend Travhill for international and national explorer. Thank you TravHill family
- Seaside5294680743100Pokhara and mesmerizing poon hill trekNamaste Nepal and Travhill We as a hatbazar team went travelling for first time to poon hill and we did find Travhill tour and trek company for our entire journey. They helped us in planning the trek and gave guidance related to trek. We enjoyed poon hill trek a lot. It was breathtaking view specially from poon hill we saw Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri, and Nilgiri mountains. staying at every places were fantastic and awesome nature view. We surely recommend TravHill to others for a quality and genuine service. Special mention to our guide pemba Sherpa, with this basanta sir and entire TravHill team. Thank you.
- syedo44200Nepal travel ReviewEverything was perfect and our Guide Chandar Thapa made our tour easy and entertaining. Relaxing and sightseeing sights!
- chandraprakasht202200Nagarkot best hill stationWe had very amazing hike to nagarkot route as I am living in Kathmandu for many years but I didn't know this route of hiking with such a beautiful location from outskirt of Kathmandu. We visited the view tower of nagarkot from there we saw Himalayan ranges like Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, langtang range etc. We did stop at Buddha peace park beautiful place to have a rest in between hike. Finally we visited the UNESCO world heritage site called changu Narayan temple. Overall hike was full of fruitfulness. We thank TravHill family.
- rupalijakhotia00Nepal- The home of Mountains & Scenic BeautyWe visited Nepal couple of years back and it was superbly planned and organized. We met TravHill through website and liked their way of coordination and support. Everything right from hotel bookings, domestic flights to food (being vegetarian) was extremely well done. The humbleness and kindness is witnessed from the top management to the coordinating staff which is highly appreciable. Special thanks to Bipana Lama for managing the whole trip for us. Your choices are well respected and we highly recommend them. Finally posting the review which was kept in draft since long 😄
- 611sheshac00Kathmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot visitWe really had a nice time in Nepal. It was amazing, the staff of Travhill are friendly, professionals, polite and supportive, Mr Drona, Chandra Prakash and Krishna made our journey pleasant and full of memories, really appreciate their constant support. It was overall a great experience, and everything was extremely well done. Thanks once again for your help and guidance. We would highly recommend Travhill
- chandraprakasht202200Ghorepani poon hill trekI did a ghorepani poon hill trek through Travhill It was a fantastic experience of trek and a genuine hospitality they gave to me was a best I can say. Basanta sir did a great coordinate to help me in out of tour thanks to him. Specially I recommend this company for tour and treks to all domestic and international tourist.
- marilynsQ1211HN00Wonderful!Driver was amazing. After the monastery we took the valley drive which was spectacular then stopped at the large shiva statue. Even had a traditional Nepali lunch before driving back thru backroads to avoid major traffic. Got to see parts of Kathmandu I never would have seen and experience local neighborhoods.
- lunam83100Visit nepalIt is a small and landlock country surrounded by land from all sites. This country is full of culture and traditions .
- babinam202000Loved itWe really had a great time in Nepal but I'm sure it would not have been this exciting if it were not Travhill. From the warm welcome at the airport to each and every thing they provided, I'm more than satisfied. The hotels were great and the services they provided were awesome. The car they gave was so convenient and the driver was so polite and helpful and even his driving was safe. In short Travhill made our stay in Nepal more beautiful. Overall a great management and an awesome hospitality. I would highly recommend Travhill.Thank you Travhill.
- jigneshchheda00Nepal - Lifetime ExperiencesIt was our first international trip and obviously either it has to be Nepal or Bhutan as we love to explore mountains (Specially Himalaya) and we selected Nepal. We wanted to get help from local tour as it saves cost of middle men and after doing some reasearch we got the contact of "TravHil" we booked our tour package from them. I must say Ms. Bipana Lama (our tour coordinator) helped us to select places and also helped to understand the importance of each and every place. She gave us multiple options to choose from we picked one and confirmed them the same. It was the best unforgettable experience we had in Nepal, Mr. Bijay Nankhel who was with us for all 10 days & drove us from Kathmandu Airport pick up till last good bye at Kathmandu airport and guided us with small small details about the local places of Nepal. TravHill team made our journey pleasant and full of memories. They are very friendly & provides top notch service. We definitely recommend them if you are planing to #VisitNepal2020 Thank you guys for making our trip full of beautiful memories and we will be back for another adventure in Nepal see you soon :)
- sivaramanr201900Nepal tour.Last week we went to nepal.Travhill tour company done a wonderful job. No delay .No confusion.Thaks to Bipana. anybody wants to go nepal pls contact Travhill. Thanks Bipana. S.Sivaraman. India . Chennai.
Buy it with
Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu provided by Travhill
Product Overview: Shivapuri day hike from Kathmandu
Number of Photos