Island Peak Expedition
By Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours
On your 16-day Island Peak Expedition you will not only reach the summit of the magnificent Island Peak but also experience trekking in the most coveted Everest region. Island Peak also called Imja Tse by the Nepalese is a popular choice among novice climbers who wish to begin their mountaineering journey by summiting Island Peak and then move on to other peaks. The mountain was named "Island Peak" in 1952 AD due to its striking location in the middle of the Chhukung valley, like an island on a sea of ice. Island Peak has an impressive, highly glaciated west face that rises from the Lhotse Glacier which is a bit tough to do; however, the magnificent views from the summit are certainly a fitting reward for your efforts.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 18-69, max of 15 per group
Duration: 16 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 4-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Tented accommodation during the climb
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek and climb
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide(leader), climbing guide (leader)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits and Island Peak climbing permit
- Good quality tents and kitchen utensils for camping
- Group mountaineering (climbing) equipments
- Medical kit (carried by your guide)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, internet, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters etc.)
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters
- Services not listed in the ‘What Is Included’ section
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P51
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Island Peak Expedition?
- Island Peak Expedition price starts from $4,230.00. Discover and book Island Peak Expedition on Tripadvisor
- What is the Island Peak Expedition cancellation policy?
- Island Peak Expedition cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Island Peak Expedition on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Island Peak Expedition?
- Island Peak Expedition is hosted by Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Island Peak Expedition on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P51
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek - a MOST Excellent Experience
Himalayan Glacier offered a PERFECT trek for me. Every element was super - from the greeting at the airport, the …
The trip of a lifetime! We are happy we used Himalayan Glacier Tours. My husband and I did the EBC Trek for our H…
Awesome trek to Base Camp Everest
Trekking to Everest Base Camp had been on my bucket list for a while. Covid delayed it multiple times. It was well …
Best Treking Comany in Nepal
This is the second time I have traveled with them. This is a customer serice based comapny. We were met aa the airp…
I would like to say “Thank You” to The Himalayan Glacier team for an amazing, fantastic, and wonderful trip, words …
Couldn't ask for anything better
From the planning to the real adventure, everything went amazingly smoothly. The team did a great job in adjusting …
Awesome trek to EBC
I had an amazing experience climbing with Himalayan glacier team - representative Sabin, guide Babu & porter Nikesh…
Himalayan Glacier was there when it counted the most!
The true test of a Trekking Company - especially in the Himalayas - is how they handle crisis situations. I came d…
Amazing experience from pick up to drop off!
Mr. Shankar and Baktah were awesome guides! They explained so much to us and monitored our health and happiness. E…
Truly well done!
Himalayan Glacier really made sure that my group received maximum communication and direction throughout the trek. …
Himalayan Glacier - Base Camp Trek
Excellent consumer service, Shanker and his team exceeded all expectations and made sure we had a rememberable expe…
Such a wonderful trip: Thanks HG!
In Nov 2022, I went on 2 consecutive treks with HG, both ~8 days long. One in Everest Region and one in Annapurna R…
Trip of a lifetime!
A truly amazing experience! The natural beauty of the Himalayas will render you speechless. I would like to offer …
October Trip to EBC and Gokyo
Very happy with the overall experience provided by the team at Himalayan Glacier. Good communication at the front …
Stress Free Trek on the Far Side of the World
I highly recommend this company, and I highly recommend having a guide and porter. The guide will allow you to foc…