This package is ideal for anyone who does not mind up to 2-3 hours very easy hiking. No previous experience of yoga is required and complete beginners are very welcome. Nagarkot is well known as a tourist destination for admiring the views across the panorama of the Himalayas. However here, you are away from the crowds and see another side of life in the Kathmandu Valley. You are welcomed by your host family, and have the chance to get to know their family members and share in their meals and lifestyle. You are shown the local temples and admire the Himalayas from another perspective with your local guide.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Anything not mentioned in the includes section
- Entry/Admission - Nagarkot View Tower
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Departure details
- Community Homestay Network, Lal Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 164092P12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Best of Nagarkot?
- How much is Best of Nagarkot?
- Best of Nagarkot price starts from $421.00. Discover and book Best of Nagarkot on Tripadvisor
- What is the Best of Nagarkot cancellation policy?
- Best of Nagarkot cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Best of Nagarkot on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Best of Nagarkot?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 164092P12
Reserve your spot
Visit to Nagarkot
Explore the Wonders of Nagarkot
Hike to Changu Narayan Temple...
About the operator
Community Homestay Network
Joined in June 2019
#791 of 1,720 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
- egi800Perfect introduction to Nepali cultureLearning about Ranjana Lipi script and having a traditional Newari dinner was a perfect introduction to the culture of fascinating Nepal.
- S108EGheidif00Over Priced for what was offeredI was sadly very disappointed with my stay at Lubra Bon. I felt for what we had paid for this experience I could have put the money towards something more meaningful. We spent 5 days there and there was very little interaction with the family that we were staying with no interest to show us or teach us about Lubra Bon. We asked to get involved and there just was not much they were offering in return. I would not suggest going there through community homestay and rather juts renting a room from a family and exploring on your own terms. There is meditation caves we went to for the day and then we hiked up about 15 min to a lookout point.
- tamangh202300I got what I was looking forThanks for opportunity to share my own experience. During my self-study of Buddhist philosophy, I found the prayer wheel Mantra OM Mani Padme Hoon written in the Ranjana script in various Buddhist scriptures, on thangka paintings in mandalas, on walls in monasteries, viharas and stupas. I was curious to learn Ranjana script, but I was looking for an opportunity to learn who and where Accordingly, I eagerly participated in the Ranjana Lipi & Aila program organized by Community Homestay Network at Joshi Nani Heritage Homes, Kirtipur on Saturday 4th March, 2023. Ranjana Script Writing Training In a calm and friendly environment, the instructor taught the trainees in an easy to learn manner. The program is to teach Ranjana script as well as promote homestays. In the training, it was good to encourage the trainees to teach them to write their own words and frame them as memories I wrote the word pen and presented the reason in this way - It is because the knowledge, scriptures, historical documents discovered by the sages thousands of years ago is recorded by the pen. A pen is needed to write the script, so the importance of the pen is great." It was a new experience for me to be hosted by Joshi Nani Heritage Homes in Newari tradition but it would have been better if Sagun had only vegetarian dishes and jaggery syrup instead of Aila. The program management was good overall but it would have been better if the program schedule, veg, nonveg items were known in advance. The Newari lunch was healthy and delicious at the time but it would have been better if they had reduced the portion of spicy and added more salad. It is requested to revise the fees for the vegetarian and non-vegetarian trainees participating in the program. Finally, it's a useful package for those who are curious like me but haven't had the opportunity to learn a new Ranjana script . I got what I was looking for. Thanks & regards Homraj Tamang
- ilareddy1300Enriching experience to learn about Newari cultureI attended the Ranjana Lipi workshop organized by Community Homestay Network in Patan. It was one of a kind experience and an excellent way to learn more about Newari culture and history. I highly recommend it to one and all, travellers and locals alike!
- Rubik J00A Productive Weekend!I had a very productive weekend when I participated in this event. Being a Newar myself, it was a proud moment for me to finally learn something that is so deeply connected to my roots. Also the amenities provided were top notch with extremely delicious Newari cuisine and hospitality.
- sajanis202300New LearningThe instructors were very supportive and guided us through every stroke. Really appreciate the team for doing this. The food was also super tasty.
- Moppe9800A fascinating introduction to Ranjana script and Newari cultureThis event was very interesting and well managed. Very good for people who do not know much about Ranjana Lipi in advance but are eager to learn. Teachers were professionals and even though they didn't speak English, everything they told was translated for us. We were served good local food twice during the event: first some snack and later a dinner. In the end of the event when we had decided the word that we wanted to learn in Ranjana Lipi, we wrote it in a decorared paper and framed it. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood during and after the event.
- 709swatib00Ranjana lipi classIt was a wonderful experience to learn Ranjana lipi with Traditional Stay. The food, people and overall ambience were all delightful.
- nimeshulak00the overall program was well managed and executed very well making everyone happy and satisfied.Everything was great, I enjoyed everything-your hospitality; the way you welcome participants with a traditional touch by putting tika, sagun as a snack, welcome drinks; likewise, the helpful teachers and their effort for us to learn; the best part was the idea of framing participant's work for memory. Overall, the closing ceremony with Samay baji and the chance to get to know each other. Overall best time spent.
- Kehinilo7700THE VERY FIRST EXPERIENCE OF DEALING WITH RANJNA LIPIThe immense contributions of Teachers (Lipi Experts) really helped me To standardized the Knowledge For Ranjana Lipi Letters and their Rules! And Also i really enjoyed the workshop and for sure would definitely take it again with super excitement!
- R3344PXericj002 nights with family in PanautiI spent two wonderful nights in Panauti through Community Homestay. This is for the type of person who wishes to venture off the beaten track and travels to see what the rest of the world is actually like.
- Riezebos00Wonderful experience in the East of NepalJust returned from a great trip in the East of Nepal. Stayed in different Community Homestay. In Maipokhari and Shree Antu. Beautiful tea gardens, views, sunsets and waterfalls. The hosts were amazing. I can recommend the Community Homestay to everyone.
- PlanetEandMe00Great Trip to Nepal with Community HomestayWe just returned from an amazing two week stay in Nepal. We booked this entirely through our Community Homestay coordinator Ami. I told her the kinds of things we would like to do and she planned the entire adventure for us. We were extremely impressed by how smoothly everything went. Our drivers were amazing. I’ve decided based on my experience that Nepali drivers must be some of the best in the world. I don’t know how they do it - many roads are unpaved and as expected steeply uphill or downhill, tons of traffic, people, dogs, bikes, cows and goats. Don’t try driving yourself. We thoroughly enjoyed our guides - Deepa, Sudip, Yung Drung, Meena and Captain Jack. They were fantastic. The rafting on the Tirisuli was one of the highlights. I had been so fearful ahead of time that I almost wrote to cancel this part of the trip but when I met Captain Jack, I was immediately at ease. It was so obvious that he knew what he was doing and that he would keep us safe. During the rafting itself, he was fun but authoritative ... the perfect combination for such a venture! Deepa made our day in Kathmandu quite special. She was knowledgeable and clearly liked to share this knowledge but she never forced it on us either. She was okay with us wandering off a bit at times to catch a good picture. I felt like she was watching out for us. When I overpaid for something in the market place, I could see that she subtly signaled the vendor that she was not happy about her taking advantage. Also, when she heard that we were interested in trying momos, she took us to her favorite momo place for lunch. I loved that she was willing to share her personal story. I felt the same about Meena who showed us the sites in Pokhara. She was so friendly and cheery, an absolute pleasure. She had a great sense of humor! Two of our most special times were the homestays in Bardia and Lubra Bon. Really such lovely communities. I truly am awed by the leadership work that Sudip and Yung Drung are doing in these communities. They are both very honorable men and were a pleasure to spend time with. Getting to know folks in this way made our trip so memorable. I would say if you’re doing homestays plan to eat dal bhat for most meals, also electricity, hot showers and flush toilets may not always be available. If you are flexible, open to the ways of other cultures, and up for anything, then this is a great option for you. Kudos to Ami! We never could have planned this trip on our own. She always responded to our messages even once at 5 in the morning and helped us make a last minute change to our itinerary when we decided that we wanted to see Chitwan as well. Many Thanks! Deb PS. I hope to post some video of our trip on PlanetEandMe.com. Look for it by the end of December.
- KathmanduMazza00Best way of experiencing NepalI have spent most of my last stays in Nepal visiting new homestays that are interested to join the Community Homestay Network. I very much admire the work being done by this non-profit in helping empower women and providing a way that local people can benefit from tourism. I took a friend to visit the Panauti Community Homestay last year and it was one of the highlights of trip to Nepal.
Best of Nagarkot provided by Community Homestay Network
Product Overview: Best of Nagarkot
Number of Photos