On this day tour from Kathmandu, enjoy the sightseeing of Bhaktapur, Changu Narayan and the village of Nagarkot. Bhaktapur Durbar Square, located 15 km from Kathmandu, is a museum of medieval art and architecture with many examples of sculptures, woodcarvings and colossal pagoda temples consecrated to different gods and goddesses. Changu Narayan temple is said to be the oldest Hindu temple still in use in the Kathmandu Valley. Built in the two-tiered pagoda style, the main shrine here is guarded on all sides by pairs of real and mythical beasts – elephants, lions, winged lions and ram-horned griffons – and its roof struts feature some amazingly intricate carvings of Tantric deities. Nagarkot is one of the most scenic spots in Bhaktapur and is known for its sunrise and sunset views of the Himalayas. Nagarkot also offers a panoramic view of the Kathmandu Valley. The scenic beauty of this place located 7000 ft above sea level makes it a very popular hiking route for tourists.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pick up and drop off service
- All transfer in private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Guide fees
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
- Any drinks or meals
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up and drop off service from Hotels inside Kathmandu city ring road
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8076P174
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel pick up outside Kathmandu city ring road in additional cost.
- Kindly provide us the name of Hotel for pick up service during booking.
- Pick up time may differs according to the timing of sunset in Nagarkot.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour?
- Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour price starts from $105.00. Discover and book Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour cancellation policy?
- Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour?
- Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour is hosted by Liberty Holidays. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Liberty Holidays on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8076P174
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Bhaktapur Durbar SquareStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Changu NarayanStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3NagarkotStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in January 2019
#11 of 93 Food & Drink in Kathmandu
- Navigate2679557289000Excellent zip flyingThe briefing was very well done. The instructions were very clear, that is why i didn't have any complications doing it. Overall excellent experience and i would recommed everyone to try it if you’re in Pokhara, Nepal!
- 145jeannec00Wonderful experienceWonderful tour with excellent guide Praha Laxmi. She was knowledgeable, professional, friendly and considerate. We loved seeing the town and the beautiful drive up to Nagarkot. Praha also assisted me after I returned home when I had a question about some art I had purchased and was being shipped to me. Great follow up was much appreciated! We also had a good driver who made us feel safe every bit of the way.
- GlobeTrotting64527100Great guide, wonderful tourThe guide Rajat was wonderful. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to work with my preferences. Highly recommend Rajat.
- Winter D00Bhaktapur and Nagarkot SunsetWonderful tour of Bhaktapur - guide gave us both a great historical tour and a great "slice of life" tour, showing us the real, living side of the town. He was very kind and flexible with us. We then went up to Nagarkot to catch the sunset. Unfortunately it was too hazy to see much, but the tour itself was great and the guide was very friendly. Highly recommended!
- KMenjivar00Amazing little private tourI loved just touring the different squares and temples. It felt very catered to us. Our guide was very informative. He even took us to see healing bowls and to a grocery store to find some authentic goods.
- S8970SFmeganp00History at its finestWe booked this tour to get a better idea of the area we are staying in including the sights, culture and history. However, what we got was much more than that. We were greeted at our hotel by our guide Ramesh at our hotel. Ramesh graciously waited while we were a few minutes late, then started us on an amazing tour into the older part, down to the old palace and back to the newer part. Ramesh was friendly and fun with loads of knowledge and the ability to speak many languages. We are very happy we booked this experience and had Ramesh as our guide.
- 469anitad00Do not use or book with this company!!!’Terrible. Do not use this company. Driver took me to an unpopulated parking lot. No one else was there. The “luxury” vehicle they were supposed to come with was a very small compact at best. No sighting whatsoever. No satisfactory response from the company. Buyer beware!!!! This agency is absolutely terrible and a complete money ripoff. Not happy at all!
- nickrylancetravel003-Day Trek to Nagarkot via ChisapaniWe absolutely loved our private 3 day trek with Phul, our expert guide, who accompanied us and cheered us on as we trekked through Shivapuri National Park, into Chisopani and finally Nargarkot. It was stunning, the views of the Himalayas are breathtaking and the villages we passed were fascinating with local children returning from school, families cooking and goats hanging out :) Namaste, Phul, thank you for being such great company and for guiding us so well. We miss Nepal and the people.
- podrozniczka6000Very pleasant introduction to Nepali diningThe venue seems to have many nicely appointed rooms in which they entertain groups of tourists. The decorations through the Nepali Chulo are beautiful exemplifying the beauty and rich culture of the region. You get greeted in a traditional way at the door. Seating is at long tables with a good view of the stage. Multiple courses of elaborate dinner are served as well as local rice vodka . The food and service were good. We enjoyed also the entertainment portion of the show featuring regional dances.
- FazalMahmudR00Try the trail to Phewa LakeThis holy place is very nearby to Pokhara Phewa Lake. A taxi will take 1200nrp (one way) and 1500nrp (both way) to get there. It has stair case to reach to the Pagoda. And you will find a number of outlets for light snacks and coffee. View from the top is spectacular. However, the most fascinating part for me was the trail to Phewa Lake from the Pagoda. It took me around 1 hr to reach to the down. Somewhere in mid point there is small shop for momo, tea, beer with seating arrangement. I met two Indian fnds there Yash and Jayant. We talked on different issues on travelling and Pokhara. Their company made rest of journey really wonderful. At the bottom, you have to buy boat tickets to go the other side of the lake. To Phewa Ghat it will cost you 750 nrp per boat. I loved the trail, the crossing the lake and the company of my two new frnds.
- zuzanad85800Our first tour in NepalThe guide was helpful and adapted the schedule to our needs. Anyway, this tour is advertised as 7h long and it seems that the lunch break is not included in the itinerary, which is strange. The sightseeing we saw met our expectations.
- vange202200Wonderful experience!The Aarati ritual was an amazing thing to witness, but what we didn’t expect to see were the traditional Hindu cremations taking place that evening along the Bagmati River. Truly amazing and spiritual.
- FrequentFlier56045700Daytrip Dakshinkali, Pharping and KirtipurI went to Dakshinkali, Pharping and Kirtipur with my guide Prava. I went on three different day trips in Kathmandu, and this was, by far, the best and most interesting daytrip. If you want to experience something a little bit different and less touristy, I would recommend this trip. The first stop was Dakshinkali temple. I was a little concerned, since I know they do animal offerings there, but when I was there they were only offering two chickens, so there was no visible blood in the river. And the offerings are carried out in a room behind the temple, som you don't see it. After visiting the temple we passed by a local market, where my guide bought some fruits for me to taste. I also tried some local snacks she recommended, that I really enjoyed. After Dakshinkali, we visited some Buddhist monasteries, Asura Cave and another meditation cave. I didn't quite know what to do, but my guide showed me how to worship and how to meditate at these sights. After Pharping we went to Kirtipur, which was a really peaceful town with beautiful sights and views. We had lunch at a newari restuarant and had local food wich was amazing ( a little spicy). My guide was newari, so she had a lot of knowledge about the culture and also about the temples we visited, so I learned a lot. I had an amazing day with my guide Prava.
- 564sanja00Davis falls pokharaThere is a fall at pokhara known by the name of davis. Ticket for entry is rs 50 ic. As i was coming back from muktinath i did not find it anything great here. Maybe it is good for people who have not seen a waterfall
- 564sanja00Tal Varahi Pokhara NepalTal varahi temple is in the midst of a lake. You have to go in a boat to visit this temple. It is a Small temple. I feel this can be avoided if there is paucity of time. Around rs 70ic plus rs 10 indian currency is charged for the life jacket
Buy it with
Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour provided by Liberty Holidays
Product Overview: Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan Temple sightseeing with Nagarkot Sunset Tour
Number of Photos