The Everest region has been, and continues to remain, the first choice for any mountain lovers wanting to do trek in Nepal. Besides offering you breathtaking scenery of famous mountains, the Everest Base Camp trek also offers you the warm hospitality and the incredible culture of the Sherpa people, who are the most loved and famous people of Nepal among foreigners and mountaineers. This region is located in the Solukhumbu District of Nepal. The lower part of this region is called Solu and the upper part is called Khumbu. You trek will be in the Khumbu area of this region, unless you want to do a longer trek beginning from Jiri or Phaplu.
Duration: 13 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- A guide.
- Entry permits for Sagarmatha National Park.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for you during the trek.
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) only for our staff during the trek.
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) for you during the trek.
- Accommodation in tea houses (lodges) only for our staff during the trek.
- All land transportation from the hotel to airport and from airport to the hotel by private vehicle.
- Necessary equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket, etc. for you and our staff during the trek.
- Insurance and equipment for the Nepali staff.
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu flight tickets for you and our Nepali staff.
- Airport tax at Kathmandu domestic airport and Lukla airport.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off services.
- Entry/Admission - Everest Beauty Salon
- Entry/Admission - Irish Pub
- Entry/Admission - Irish Pub
- Entry/Admission - Tengboche
- Entry/Admission - Dingboche
- Entry/Admission - Khumjung
- Entry/Admission - Mount Everest
- Entry/Admission - Kala Pattar
- Entry/Admission - Irish Pub
- Entry/Admission - Everest Beauty Salon
- Emergency Mountain Medical Rescue
- (Provided by your insurance company. Please buy it in your country You cannot buy it in Nepal.)
- Personal nature expenses such as drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Lunch & dinner cost in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Pashupatinath Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Domestic airport , International airport , Bus station
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65540P32
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65540P32
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Arrive at Kathmandu airport,...
Fly from Ktm to Lukla (2886m)....
Trek from Phakding to Namche...
Rest day at Namche Bazaar...
Trek from Namche Bazaar to...
Trek from Tyangboche to...
Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche...
Trek from Lobuche to Everest...
Trek from Gorakshep to Kala...
Trek from Pheriche to Namche...
Trek Namche Bazaar via Phakding...
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. It...
Fly out from Nepal.
About the operator
First Environmental Trekking
#221 of 1,698 Outdoor Activities in Kathmandu
- 775xabiera00Visit to HumlaI went with my couple to Humla (I guess, not the most tourist destination in Nepal), to visit a proyect there. As going with a guide was mandatory we contacted to Frist Environmental Trekking. We cannot compare because we haven't trek enywhere else in Nepal and we didn't contact to any other agency. But we had a good experience with this company even if owrs was not exactly a trek. Ready to help in anything (even if in nepalese style, that it takes some days to get used to it)
- claudiamR9513ET00Great experience!!Thakur and his team are great professionals. From the planning of the trip to its completion, the communication was very fluid and easy, adapting to all our needs.
- AshGrzy00Highly Recommended Company to book your Treks!My husband and I booked a 7 day Langtang Valley trek with First Environmental Trekking (FET). We were limited in time but were fortunate to have Ngima Sherpa guide us on our journey. He was incredibly knowledgeable and supportive as we made our way throughout this moderately challenging yet breathtaking adventure. Many thanks to Thakur and the team at FET who promptly took care of us and the details of the trip (including permits with photos, transportation to/from airport, to/from trailheads ETC.) with great communication. This is the 2nd trek my husband has booked with FET, and it won't be the last. The Langtang Valley is a must do trek while you are in Nepal and FET is a very reasonable and knowledgeable company to book through.
- makman12900The best trekking guide and service in Nepal!I had an amazing trek to Annapurna Base Camp.The best trekking guide and service in Nepal! Mr. Thakur raj pandey suggested a customized itinerary for me. The trekking guide jeevan(g-one) provided the best service! Very friendly, good communication, understanding and helped me feel safe throughout the trip. jeevan was an exceedingly pleasant gentleman who was very responsive to my questions and facilitated a very memorable trip for me.
- albersopreis00Langtang and Gosaikunda trekIn october/november 2022 we did the langtangtrek and the Gosaikunda.in Nepal. We are an older dutch couple (71 years) We spent 21 days in this mountains , we take some restdays . Our guide was Jeevan Chaudhaky. Thanks to him it was incredible., He is a very nice young guy, who is really respectful and helpful. He takes care of you a lot. He is looking for good accomodations, helpfull on the difficult parts, he speaks very good englisch.. We will recommand him to everyone who wants to do a trekking in Nepal. Thank you Jeevan . Hans / Merian from Holland Namaste
- world_reviewer37200Great People, Great CityI had a great tour of Kathmandu with Mr. Pandey and Mr. Nepal this past weekend. After my Saturday morning helicopter tour was canceled due to weather, they jumped into action and took me all around Kathmandu. Once we saw the sites there, we headed to Bhaktapur to see the sights and have delicious Momos for lunch. Mr. Pandey took me to a wonderful, cultural dinner with music and dance. The next morning we got up and tried the helicopter tour again, and it was a success! I had amazing views, and a fabulous experience seeing Mount Everest. Before hitting the airport to head out of Kathmandu, Mr. Pandey took me to a few stores in Thamel so that I could take home a souvenir to remember my time in Nepal. Based on my trip with them, I would recommend any experience with First Environmental Trekking.
- anitagie00trekking Gahndruk Jhinu PothanaGreat trekking with beautiful nature and view on Annaupurna mountains. I really recommand out guide Dipak who is a great guide
- toddwZ3878SC00excellentDipak Khada and his team of Porters are absolutely excellent human beings. A true pleasure to meet these men and thankful for giving us the best adventure of my life.
- L7130AWgonzalom00Fantastic experienceProfesional and they give the best to feel you secure. Also every time are worrying for you. Very good quality.
- B_Zoupe00Wonderful trekking thanks to our guide MahduWe trekked the Annapurna Circuit with Mahdu, he was a knowledgeable guide who truly adores being in the mountains. Especially when we had setbacks due to sickness, we were very happy to have Mahdu with us. He was able to arrange all necessary facilities and adjusted the initial program to our abilities. Thanks to his flexibility and knowledge of the area and it's people, we didn't need to worry about anything (where to sleep, eat, etc) and were able to fully focus on the beautiful surroundings. We would definitely recommend hiring a guide in general, and Mahdu specifically!
- Mulberry B00Good, can be better.Kathmandu, pokhara, muktinath pkg. Put together a good pkg. Very hospitable and warm. But can pay a little more attention to details
- Isaacymaria00The best experience in Nepal.We spend 11 days with Thakur and his team. It was an amazing experience, good hotels and the best guides. First Enviromental Trekking its a very professional agency with the best resources. We highly recomended to travel to Nepal. Thakur, the manager, give us the best treatment and now is a good friend of us. We always remember all the adventures we spend in Nepal. Thank you for everything Thakur! Namaste
- michelnC3339KD00Amazing experienceAmazing experience, amazing views, very experienced and professional guide! The trip was well organized, to recommend!!!!
- chrsc2200EBC and Gokyo Lakes TrekI did the EBC to Gokyo Lakes trek with First Environmental Trekking and could not have been happier with my experience. I booked the trek through email which was a seamless process with the manager Thakur. He was super helpful in answering the questions I had and organizing the right trek for me. Thakur and his team picked me up from the airport and I knew from then it was going to be an amazing experience. The trek itself was absolutely beautiful. As a solo traveler, my guide Nigma and porter Jeevan were wonderful company. Nigma expertly guided the trek, providing me the info I needed for each day and making adjustments to trekking plans as necessary. Once the trek was finished, First Environmental Trekking continued to help me throughout my stay in Kathmandu. Thakur helped me get a hotel room for my first night back in the city and Jeevan was there to help with my bags each time I changed hotels. On the day of my departure there was an issue with my flight that required me to quickly schedule a different one. I called Thakur asking for assistance and he dropped everything to meet me at a travel agency to help me arrange a new flight home. Thakur and his team showed such great kindness and hospitality during my trip to Nepal. When you book a trek through First Environmental Trekking, you get an incredible trekking company as well as wonderful new friends.
- gillest4800Great experience!I did the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek and it was very impressive! One of the most beautiful experiences I had in my life. The lake, the view and changing landscapes are breathtaking. The team is very serious and welcoming, it was a real pleasure working with them. We had Ganesh as a guide, who I can only strongly recommend. He is very very nice and always looked greatly after us.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2022 • Solo
I made 16 days EBC with Cho La Pass and Renzo Pass. Due to the high altitude and traveling alone I decided to take a guide. The friendly FET Team supported me with all the essentiell information and were always helpful and trustworthy. My guide was Jeevan Chaudhary. He is a kind honest humble young guy with lots of mountain experience and always happy to support if help is needed. Although I carried my bag alone (as an alpine experienced hiker I want it so) he was there in my hour of need when I got sick on one day due to eating something wrong on 5000 m. He then carried my bag additionally to his own because I was just not able to do it by myself at this day. Due to his help we could continue the track. Even though only Cho La Pass was planned we added Renzo Pass as there was enough time left. With him on my side I felt always save. My recommendation to all hikers: Don't do just the EBC. You will have a much greater experience when you add at least Cho La Pass or even better the three Passes (I did two of three) whereby the first Kung Ma La is considered the most difficult and Renzo La the relatively easiest (all need hiking experience). We did two of three and this is when you get a real Himalayan Trekking experience (Mt Everest is just one of many mountains there, many of them even more beautiful) as the main track to EBC is kind of heavy commercialized and packed with people (Go on low season is another strong recommendation). But as soon as you leave the main track it gets better immediately. Finally thx to Thakur the CEO of FET who gave me a warm welcome and was always there and helpful If I had questions. Looking forward to the next time.
Written October 9, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.