Upper Mustang Trek
By Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventure Pvt. Ltd.
The Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang is one of Nepal’s greatest national treasures. Surrounded by mountainous plateaus in the east and west, Upper Mustang is renowned for its contrasting natural beauty. An arid land with bare hills, imposing silver vistas of snow-capped mountains and rich seasonal colors. It is a luscious green during harvest months and crimson throughout Autumn. Upper Mustang has two distinct regions. The northern area belongs to the surviving walled-in kingdom of the Lo introduced by Ame Pal in the 14th century. Languages, culture, and traditions of the Lo are almost purely Tibetan. The southern part has five villages inhabited by Manangi descendants. It is home to Jong Gharpu, a 5-story mountain cave which in ancient times was fitted out with 44 rooms, and to Muktinath (ChumigGyatsa), a major settlement, the holy place and pilgrimage for Buddhists and Hindus. Until recently, Upper Mustang was isolated with very limited travelers able to enter this sacred region.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 15 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Airport pick up & drop off personally
- 1N in 3* and 1N in 4* hotel in KTM on B/B plan as per the itinerary [upgrade possible]
- Trek with an English speaking govt licensed trekking guide
- 1 porter (between two clients) to carry your luggage during the trek (max 24 kg; i.e. 12kg pP)
- Flight from PKR-Jomsom & Return
- Sharing Tourist to bus KTM-PKR & return
- Accommodation in Pokhara & during the trek in carefully selected teahouses as per the itinerary
- Breakfast is included throughout the trip[upgrade possible]
- Trekkers Information Management System [TIMS] registration card
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit
- Accommodation, Meals, Insurance, Wages for Guide and Porter
- Necessary paper works, all government, and local taxes
- First aid medical kit, oxymeters to check pulse, heart rate & oxygen saturation carried by guide
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu by the host family at Typical Nepali Cultural Restaurant
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Nepal visa (USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days, two passport photographs required)
- Any alcoholic beverages, cold drinks & boiled water as well as snacks, deserts etc. during the trek
- Lunch & Dinner are excluded during the trip, we allow you to choose what you want to eat and when.
- Hot shower, wifi, battery charges (available at extra cost in lodges, sometimes free)
- Unforeseen expenses such as delays, weather issues, illness during the trek, rescue costs, etc
- Any other costs not specifically included. Please feel free to ask if in doubt
- Tipping is a culture in Nepal and is expected by your staff (guides, porters, drivers)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We IHSA do pick up and drop off service with reference of your flight schedule. While you book your trip with us, we already collect copy of your flight ticket and we do pick up and drop off service according to your flight schedule. But sometimes flight get delay because of technical problem but while that time travelers should give new schedule information to the company.
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Ring Rd, काठमाडौँ 44600, Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 159107P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Upper Mustang Trek?
- Upper Mustang Trek price starts from $2,045.00. Discover and book Upper Mustang Trek on Tripadvisor
- What is the Upper Mustang Trek cancellation policy?
- Upper Mustang Trek cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Upper Mustang Trek on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Upper Mustang Trek?
- Upper Mustang Trek is hosted by Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventure Pvt. Ltd.. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventure Pvt. Ltd. on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Upper Mustang Trek on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 159107P2
Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4429...
Scenic drive to Pokhara...
Scenic flight to Jomsom...
Trek to Chele (3100m/10171ft.),...
Trek to Geling (3, 570m/ 11713...
Trek to Tsarang (3, 575m/ 11729...
Trek to Lo Manthang...
Explore Lo Manthang...
Explore Lo Manthang...
Trek to Drakmar (3820m/12533...
Trek to Shyangboche...
Trek back to Chhuksang...
Trek to Jomsom (2720m/8923ft.) &...
Scenic drive to Kathmandu...
Final Departure, transfer to...
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Langtang Trek : Tsering D. Sherpa is the one who knows where to start this trek, Briddim is the best that you wont …
The happiness in Langtang
Tsering and his team gave us a good time and good memories while trekking on Langtang valley route. He is a profes…
Great service and superfriendly
They are very helpful and attentive, up to personal needs and requests of our group members. They are also flexible…
Tsering Sherpa and his team gave us more than just a professional guide, but also friendships and brotherhood. We'r…
Trip for Life.
Everything Under contrôle, very professional guide, amazing Sherpa and very friendly relashionsheap. sincerely, I r…
Thanks you so much for this incredible experience. Good organization. Everybody so kind and helpful. Unforgettable.…
Incredible trek on Himalayan mountains
The organisation was perfect, the food/hotel/tea lodge good and clean,The guide and the porters were so friendly, p…
Base camp, Kala Patthar, Cho La pass and Gokyo lakes trek
This was an incredible experience, the scenery and people were fantastic. I travelled with a friend and with a port…
Great personal approach. Incredible service and organization of the trek. FULLY RECOMENDATION. on the top lot of …
I experienced Rock climbing for the first time. Sincerely thankful to Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventure Pvt. L…
Mulde View Point - 5 day trekking in the Annapurnas
My wife and I did the Mulde Viewpoint trek (5 days) and we were amazed with the beautiful panoramic views of the An…
Trek Everest base camp + 3 passes
Very good guide, helpful and accommodating, we planned to do just 2 passes but following our guide advice we ended …
Incredible trek in the Everest
Me and my 2 friends just did the Everest 3 passes trek with this company and it was awesome. The company provide go…
3peaks trek: Mera, Island and Lobouche
Very well run trip with high quality guide ensuring my well being throughout a very challenging expedition. Managed…
Manaslu trek with Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventu re Pvt. Ltd
I strongly recommend Incredible Himalayan Sherpa Adventu re Pvt. Ltd and Mr Tsering Sherpa. They are top profession…