Experience the traditional and cultural lifestyle of southern part of capital Kathmandu Valley the local people of Kirtipur and Pharping where famous Buddhist and Hindus pilgrimage place located called Asura Cave and Dakschhinkali Temple. Being near to the capital, people still live traditional lifestyles, protecting their culture and religion. Hear the elaborated story of Bagh Bhairav temple of kritipur, get eyes soothing view of chovar gorge while you will hear the belief about its formation. Explore Hindus important temple, ‘Dakshinkali ’ and hike to witness the cave that dates back to 8th century in pharphing village where you can meditate and obtain peace of mind where Guru Padmashambhav Enlightment
Duration: 5–6 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Departure details
- Bagawan Bahal Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal getting together at the starting point and leave the same point.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 158683P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 158683P3
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You'll start atBagawan Bahal MargBagawan Bahal Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepalgetting together at the starting point and leave the same point.See address & details
- Pass byChovar Bagmati Bridge
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Global Link Tours & Travel
Joined in July 2014
#909 of 2,007 Tours & Activities in Kathmandu
- Jorgito8300Big adventureBeautiful trekking. We have been able to enjoy wonderful views and beautiful landscapes and despite the rain it has been great. Thanks to our guide Ram and porter Shiva we have had a great time. And in us remains a memory of a precious experience that we will never forget.
- Ben D00Realized my Vision on the Great Himalayan TrailI came to Kathmandu wishing to trek a section of the Great Himalayan Trail and was very fortunate to be referred to Mr. Rajendra of Global Link. Within 24 hours he organized a guide, flights, and all necessary permits for a lengthy route starting in Taplejung heading north to Kanchenjunga and west to the Khumbu and Lukla. The experience was unforgettable. While visiting both south and north Kangchenjunga Base camps we saw blue sheep, deer, stunning birds, even snow leopard tracks up high. My guide was first class. Very kind, flexible and willing to help with anything. We spent 22 days on the route and it was an intense mountain and cultural experience. Global Link is very accommodating and can make your goals happen.
- Lynn2489300Very memorable Nepal holidayMy friend and I just returned from a very memorable and enjoyable trip to Nepal. When we were planning for our trip, we Google and made enquires at several travel agencies, but did not receive any replies except Rajendra from Global Links. He asked what we plan to do in nepal , how long was our intended stay etc. We told him that it was our first time visiting Nepal, hence need his help to plan for our trip. He was very professional, helpful and quick to send us a proposal. Because it was our first time, we had many questions and concerns but Rajendra helped to address them with lots of patience and passion. Finally he worked out a customised itinerary for us. On our arrival day, Rajendra met us and gave us a detailed briefing on our itinerary and good and useful advice for the upcoming tour. Our guides were very knowledgeable, helpful and patient. Our trekking guide was especially very patient and kept checking if we are ok during the trek, because we did not have any training prior to the trek. We had a very safe and considerate driver too. We really enjoyed our Nepal holiday and were very happy with the customised itinerary as it was well planned and paced. We did not feel we were being rushed. Our guides gave us sufficient time to take in the sights and picture taking. The hotels arranged by Rajendra were nice, clean and have hot water showers. The ones at Kathmandu and Pokhara were conveniently located near to the tourist area. Throughout the whole journey, Rajendra was very concerned and was constantly checking how we were doing and making sure everything was fine. We had an overnight stay at Nagarkot. It was a lovely place and we enjoyed the nature trail and sunset and sunrise views. We did a trek from Pokhara to Dhampus, and to Sarangkot. We enjoyed the nice trek and the trekking guide also shared his knowledge on the different medicinal plants. We are very thankful to Rajendra and Global Links Tours & Travels for being such a fantastic host, and for the enjoyable and memorable Nepal holidays. We would highly recommend Rajendra and Global Links Tours & Travels to anyone planning to travel to Nepal.
- Malena25100I would choose those guys again and again!I almost never write reviews but I need to do an exception here. I've been to Nepal twice - first, few of us went to trekking in Mustang. We wrote to several companies, but Global link was most prompt with their replies and was eager to arrange all our extra requirements (my bf can be very demanding client but they handled him very well!). The trek went great, we had a wonderful guide who always went that extra mile for us and you could feel how he is enjoying his job. We knew we want to go back soon and this time we took our family over. Global link organized us a tour around Nepal, they also suggested some lovely places off the beaten path, where we could really soak up the soul of this wonderful country. Again another amazing guide who shared his love of his country with us. I know I will be back in Nepal. And I know I have a great team there who will take care of me like a part of the family. Can't wait for that day to come!
- May L00Nagarkot Hike with SunriseThe hike was well organised and interesting. There were wonderful views of the countryside of Kathmandu. We also got to explore the surrounding communities, temples and remnants of what remained after the earthquake. We all had a wonderful time on the tour despite the early morning start and got to see the sunset and mountain despite it being short-lived view.
- bogdangrigore198000Bhutan and Nepal (Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara)I got in touch with Global Link Tours and Travel as I wanted to visit both Bhutan and Nepal. From the first inquiry I sent, the response was fast and to the point, also detailed. Rajendra customized a tailor made trip for me for both Bhutan and Nepal as I wanted to experience the essential aspects of the two destinations. From the first day I arrived, there was somebody from the agency expecting me which is good since Kathmandu is so hectic. The itinerary and its logistics was explained properly and communication was good at all times with Rajendra and the Global Link team. The accommodation in Kathmandu was quite close to Thamel but without the noise specific to tourist areas. I visited Bhutan for 3 days and Nepal for 7 days (of which Chitwan 2 days, Pokhara two days and the rest in Kathmandu). I consider that Raj and Global Link allowed be to experience quite a lot of these two interesting countries and it was something I couldnt do by myself as easily as it went with the help of the agency. They helped with accommodation booking, bus tickest booking, airport transfer, private excoursion to Boudha Stupa and Pasupatinah temple, etc. I therefore recommend Rajendra and Global Link Tours and Travel to tourists wanting to experience Nepal and surrounding countries. I would get in touch again if I will come back to these interesting countries.
- LolaMilan00Perfect trekking!I had a dream, I wanted to know Kathmandu and Nepal, its culture, and most of all its 8000 meter mountains. Global Link helped me to achieve it. I have entrusted to this local travel agency and I exchanged several emails with Mr. Rajendra. He was kind, polite, present, cute, and most of all patient. The trip was perfect, the trekking was unique, our guide Kumar was an angel, patient, careful, perfect knowledge of all the trails of Annapurna trekking. Even Kathmandu was a jewel to be seen despite being recently destroyed by earthquake. I strongly suggest Mr. Rajendra and his travel agency because they are there, on place, and they know the Nepal reality. Strongly recommended.
- Emma N00We love Global LinkMy friend and I spent 6 days doing the Everest panoramic trek. Rajendra was incredibly helpful and tailored the entire tour to fit our needs. Our Sherpa was amazing and helpful as a guide, we anticipated just trekking but ended up receiving great cultural immersion through him. I never imagined I would learn so much about Nepali culture and history. When we decided we wanted a more cultural tour Rajendra took us to local restaurants and gave us history lessons, and on days when we wanted great views our Sherpa made sure to show us his personal look outs and routes. It is important to remember that Rajendra cannot control Nepal, so be prepared for unexpected changes and sometimes compromise, but know that he is a great guide and will do his best to accommodate any changes. Keep an open mind and do not expect to have your hand held through the tour, but you can expect an amazing trip from Rajendra and his team.
- stephisfaction008 Days Mardi Himal TrekMy friend Nicole and I spent a lot of time trawling the internet for the best offer that fits our criteria(off the beaten track, little tourists), and Raj from Globalink Tours fulfilled our every requests and queries with utmost patience. He was very approachable and very very helpful. Thanks Raj! The 8 days trek up Mardi Himal was amazing, more so with the young and very responsible guide and porter Pratap and Purna. They were professional, knowledgeable, flexible and ultimately made our whole trek a pleasure and lots of fun. We could not be more pleased with how our first trek turned out. Just take a look at the pictures! A lot of kudos to Raj, Pratap and Purna for their efforts! I would highly recommend Globalink and will look for them the next time I return to Nepal!
- Serene X00Bungmati & Khokana Day TourGlobal Link had arranged for a full day tour to Bungmati and Khokana, which were neighboring Newari villages. The entire trip was an eye opener, and will change one's perspectives on what we take for granted back at our home. Highly recommended.
- Aly Z00Bhutan and NepalGlobal Link arranged for us an excellent tour to Bhutan and Nepal in November 2014. We had a good experience with great services and will use there support also for future travels. @Raz and Nima, we would like to think you for your guiding and personal involvement to make it a very special trip for us. Nicole & Aly (Luxemburg)
- dunyaim00Nepal and Tibet 15-day tour with Global LinkLast month (august 2014) I was travelling in a group of 20 people. We did a classic overland trip from Nepal to Tibet, that was 15 day long. We started in Kathmandu, drove to Chitwan national park and spent there 2 great days, enjoying tropic nature, rhinos and elephants. Then we went to Pokhara, which is a nice relaxing place to be. Also we visited Sarangkot very early in the morning, and had a lot of luck seeing all Annapurnas and Fishtail mountain – lucky, because it was still a monsoon time with occasional rain. Then we got back to Kathmandu, from where we were supposed to go overland to Tibet. But this time we were not so lucky, because the main road leading to China border was blocked due to a huge landslide that happened few days ago. We were all hoping, that situation will improve and that they will open the road. But it didnt. So, because everyone wanted to really go to Tibet, we decided not to wait for things to improve, we decided last minute, to cross landslide with helicopter. I was a great experience, one I will never forget (my first time in helicopter). We crossed the border, and ascended to tibetan plateau. From Nyalam we drove to Tingri, and visited Everest base Camp and the highest monastery in the world, Rongbuk. Luck was again on our side, because we did see mt.Everest . Then we continued to Shigatse and Gyantse, visited all the highlights there. Then we departed to Lhasa via Yamdrok Tso – really beautiful lake. Lhasa is really a world apart – we tried to forget a very strong chinese influence and put politics aside – and really enjoyed our stay in Lhasa. I wish we had more time to spend there more time. Then we flew back to Kathmandu and did sightseeing of Kathmandu valley (Baktapur, Bodnath, Swayambunath, Pashupatinath and KTM Durbar square). We all wanted to see Kumari Devi – living godess – and we did! Two times actually – in her home and on the street, when she was carried back home. I had just enough time to take a photo of her (it is forbidden to take photos of her at her home). It was such a beautiful tour, that I can't really describe. Everything was just perfect. And Global Link (tour operator who handled our stay in Nepal and Tibet) guys were really trying all their best to give us an unforgettable trip. Their manager, Rajendra Baral, even joined us on the tour – he was also our local guide. He respected and tried to realize all of our wishes. He was amazing, dedicated to his job, very consistent and efficient, friendly and and above all, we became really good friends. And because we had few momentarily situations (landslide), which we couldn't plan ahead, I realized that it is also very important to who you trust your holiday time. I recommend them to everyone who has plans to visit Nepal and/or Tibet in the near future.
- Ana B00Global Link - Tibet budget tour 8 days"I was travelling by myself and on friends recommendation I booked Tibet budget trip from Global Link agency. The agency was very professional and helpful and compare to other agencies Global link gave me the best offer for budget package. Rajendra really helped me a lot with all logistic and thanks to him, I managed to do Kathmandu Lhasa Overland Tour. It was unforgettable"
- DVD84201400Once in a life-time experienceWe had a once in a life-time experience during our stay in Nepal. We had a limited amount of time and wanted to do a shorter trek on a limited budget. We contacted several organizations and Global link gave us the best offer at a competitive price. The people of Global Link are professional and very helpful in supporting and advising you if you're planning a trekking. We did the Royal Trek in Pokhara guided by Rajendra and had an amazing trek. We stayed with a local family for one night, which was a very intense experience. We will remember this trip for the rest of our lives. We highly recommend the team of Global Link for trekkings in the wide area of Nepal, Bhutan, India, Thibet, etc.