Tsum Valley Trek
By Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours
Discover the secret Tibetan Buddhist land lying at the edge of one of the most secluded Himalayan valleys.The region once being part of Tibet looks completely different from what you will find elsewhere. The people of Tsum Valley or the Tsumbas belong to Tibetan origin with their own ancient form of dialect, art, culture and religion. Very few adventure travelers have made it to this high and mysterious valley, which used to be an important trade link with Tibet. In the initial days, we trek the route of Around Manaslu Trek or the Manaslu Circuit Trek. The Tsum Valley lies on the northern part of Manaslu and used to be a restricted area until 2008. The region is still less exposed in comparison to other touristy areas, with relatively virgin and less beaten paths in comparison to the more popular regions.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 0-70, max of 12 per group
Duration: 19 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- All ground transportation by private vehicles
- 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- All accommodations in tents and suitable Guest Houses during the treks
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Welcome & farewell dinner
- All porterages costs
- All cost for a Himalayan Glacier leader (First Aid and Eco trained English Speaking) and sherpa assistant. Trek leader helps each individuals while on trek
- All necessary paper works and permits
- Travel & Rescue arrangements
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- All government and local taxes if necessary
- Himalayan Glacier Kit Bag
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)/ International airfare to & from home city/
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses e.g. phone calls, laundry, bar bills & extra porters
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extend
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Himalayan Glacier's representative will be there at the airport holding the company's placard. He will pick you up and escort you to your designated hotel in a private comfortable vehicle.
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P36
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Itinerary details is in brief due to word constraints. Please visit Himalayan Glacier website for more details.
- We will be accommodated for three nights in Yatri Suites & Spa or Hotel Moonlight or Similar in Kathmandu and other time in comfortable two men camping tent, foam mattress, 4 season sleeping bag will be provided. In some places, accommodation can be provided by lodges and guest-houses also, if their hygienic conditions are good enough. We maintain standard comfort in every matter based on the enforceable conditions such as weather calamities. All hotel accommodations & tent is based on twin share. On request, a single supplement will charge US$ 290
- ll Meals on full board basis will be provided during trekking in mountains. Three meals a day will be provided from the teahouse/lodge menus but the meals in this particular route are expected great meals. Each day dinner and breakfast are taken in the same place you spend the night. Lunch will be taken on the way to destination in a tea shop. Pay attention, please, this region of Tsum valley doesn't have developed tourist infranstructure (and it is main attraction of this region), so the choice of the meal is poor enough. Mainly you can take Tibetan bread, dal bath, tsampa porridge other simple local food. Be ready for this. By the way, you can hire especial kitchen team from our company, and it will follow with your group during the trek. But this will raise the price. Breakfasts are provided in the hotel in Kathmandu.
- Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Himalayan Glacier. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
- On trek, toilet facilities are available near by your tent is an optimum distance in a toilet tent. After use of such facilities, wastes will be cover with necessary natural preservation.
- You are likely to walk for 6-7 hours each day over steep hilly terrain on usually rough trails but no real extremes of weather. Moderate trails entail reaching up to 5500m with daily ascends of around 400-700m. You will also be facing high altitude air with low level of oxygen on some days and are therefore required to have a positive attitude and be physically fit. Previous hiking or camping experience is preferable.
- The best months are September, October & November during the Autumn season and after March, April & May during the spring season are consider as the best seasons for doing this trek. Regarding monsoon season at summer time we do not suggest to try this route from June till August. But at autumn months weather is perfect: there is no rain, and it is warm enough.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Tsum Valley Trek?
- Tsum Valley Trek price starts from $2,650.00. Discover and book Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
- What is the Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy?
- Tsum Valley Trek cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Tsum Valley Trek?
- Tsum Valley Trek is hosted by Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tsum Valley Trek on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P36
Arrive Kathmandu & Transfer to...
Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek...
Drive Kathmandu to Arughat...
Arughat to Soti Khola...
Soti Khola to Maccha Khola...
Maccha Khola to Jagat...
Jagat to Chisopani...
Chisopani to Chumling...
Chumling to Chokhangparo...
Chokhangparo to Nile...
Nile to Mu Gompa...
Mu Gompa, sightseeing
Mu Gompa to Burgi Village...
Burgi village - Chumling...
Chumling to Philim...
Philim to Khorlabesi...
Khorlabesi to Soti Khola...
Soti Khola to Arughat to...
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
2023 EBC Trek Review
Trek to EBC was a dream for us for many many years. A larger group of us planned to do the trek in 2015. We had to …
Annapurna Base Camp Trek - a MOST Excellent Experience
Himalayan Glacier offered a PERFECT trek for me. Every element was super - from the greeting at the airport, the …
The trip of a lifetime! We are happy we used Himalayan Glacier Tours. My husband and I did the EBC Trek for our H…
Awesome trek to Base Camp Everest
Trekking to Everest Base Camp had been on my bucket list for a while. Covid delayed it multiple times. It was well …
Best Treking Comany in Nepal
This is the second time I have traveled with them. This is a customer serice based comapny. We were met aa the airp…
I would like to say “Thank You” to The Himalayan Glacier team for an amazing, fantastic, and wonderful trip, words …
Couldn't ask for anything better
From the planning to the real adventure, everything went amazingly smoothly. The team did a great job in adjusting …
Awesome trek to EBC
I had an amazing experience climbing with Himalayan glacier team - representative Sabin, guide Babu & porter Nikesh…
Himalayan Glacier was there when it counted the most!
The true test of a Trekking Company - especially in the Himalayas - is how they handle crisis situations. I came d…
Amazing experience from pick up to drop off!
Mr. Shankar and Baktah were awesome guides! They explained so much to us and monitored our health and happiness. E…
Truly well done!
Himalayan Glacier really made sure that my group received maximum communication and direction throughout the trek. …
Himalayan Glacier - Base Camp Trek
Excellent consumer service, Shanker and his team exceeded all expectations and made sure we had a rememberable expe…
Such a wonderful trip: Thanks HG!
In Nov 2022, I went on 2 consecutive treks with HG, both ~8 days long. One in Everest Region and one in Annapurna R…
Trip of a lifetime!
A truly amazing experience! The natural beauty of the Himalayas will render you speechless. I would like to offer …
October Trip to EBC and Gokyo
Very happy with the overall experience provided by the team at Himalayan Glacier. Good communication at the front …