Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek
By Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours
Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is a beautiful journey to the enticing Gokyo lakes and Gokyo Ri which is one of the most amazing viewpoints for great views of Everest and other Himalayas. The 14-day trip begins in Kathmandu where we visit several heritage sites. The Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is an alternative to classical treks in the Everest region. Instead, it takes us to the turquoise Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri which provides exceptional views of Everest and the Himalayas. We also get to marvel at the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo valley from Gokyo Ri. Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri trek is for those who like to walk in the Everest region without the physical stress of reaching the base camp of Everest or crossing high passes in the vicinity. It is instead for travelers who wish to try something new in the Everest region.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 0-70, max of 12 per group
Duration: 14 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Himalayan Glacier’s trekking bag/duffel bag, t-shirt and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Himalayan Glacier's representative will be there at the airport holding the company's placard. He will pick you up and escort you to your designated hotel in a private comfortable vehicle.
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P19
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We will be accommodated in Yatri Suites & Spa or Hotel Moonlight or Similar in Kathmandu. For the trek we will be using lodges or teahouses for accommodations. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost an additional USD 425.
- We will be provided all meals during the trek while buffet-style breakfast will be made available in Kathmandu. Most lodges/teahouses in the mountains will serve Nepali, Indian, Tibetan and the more common continental dishes. While trekking we have breakfast and dinner from the lodge menu whereas lunch will be taken on route to the next destination. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners.
- You are likely to walk for 6-7 hours each day over steep hilly terrain on usually rough trails but no real extremes of weather. Moderate trails entail reaching up to 5500m with daily ascends of around 400-700m. You will also be facing high altitude air with low level of oxygen on some days and are therefore required to have a positive attitude and be physically fit. Previous hiking or camping experience is preferable.
- We can do Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek during Autumn (Sept. to November) and Spring (March to May) seasons. During this time the sky is clear and the views are excellent. The weather is fit for trekking without rain. We can also enjoy lush vegetation on the lower regions of the trail particularly during the spring season.
- Your safety is of paramount concern while traveling with Himalayan Glacier. Please note that your leader has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required. Please note that often the Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight gets delayed by a few hours or may even be canceled for one, two, or more days due to unfavorable weather conditions. Such conditions may arise even in the best seasons. Hence, in such cases, you must be prepared for long waits either at Kathmandu or Lukla airports, as this can happen either at the start or end of the trek or even both! We will do our best to avoid such delays, and arrange the next flight for you. We also organize Helicopter rescue in such conditions, if it is available and upon request by our clients. The helicopter charges around USD 3500 and it can lift 4-5 persons per flight. Still, we suggest you to be prepared for possible delays/cancellations, and if possible to come with some extra buffer days (1-2 days) at the end of the trip to accommodate such delays. If everything runs smoothly and you still have a few days of your buffer days left then you may even engage yourself in optional activities which can be arranged by Himalayan Glacier upon request. The optional activities may include visiting places/landmarks of your choice, adventure sports, shopping, etc. In case the flight delay/cancellation happens at the start of trip and it goes so long that it disturbs your onward travel schedule, you are free to choose an alternative trip such as a trek in the Annapurna, Langtang, or any other region. If you are not interested in the alternative trip and would rather wait for your original preferred trip, you are welcome to wait in Kathmandu for as many days as it takes to get a flight to Lukla. However, please note that there will be no refund, if you lose time waiting at the airport and do not take an alternative tour or you only do a short trek later due to time limitation. If the cancellation happens before the trip, we will provide you accommodation and lunch in a guesthouse in Kathmandu. In case of the flight delay/cancellation after finishing of the trek, you will be responsible for all your expenses. Please also note that you will not be entitled to any refund for the services (such as hotel, transport, flight, etc.) included in the package that you would not use later.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek?
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek price starts from $3,299.00. Discover and book Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek on Tripadvisor
- What is the Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek cancellation policy?
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek?
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek is hosted by Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24589P19
Arrive in Kathmandu (1300 m/4264...
Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek...
Fly to Lukla (2,800 m/9,184 ft),...
Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440...
Namche Bazaar: acclimatization
Namche Bazaar to Phorse (3810 m/...
Phorse Village to...
Machharmo to Gokyo (4800...
Gokyo Valley: Climb Gokyo Ri...
Gokyo to Dole: 3 - 4 hours
Dole to Namche Bazaar: 4 - 5 hours
Namche Bazaar to Lukla: 6 - 8...
Fly to Kathmandu
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
2023 EBC Trek Review
Trek to EBC was a dream for us for many many years. A larger group of us planned to do the trek in 2015. We had to …
Annapurna Base Camp Trek - a MOST Excellent Experience
Himalayan Glacier offered a PERFECT trek for me. Every element was super - from the greeting at the airport, the …
The trip of a lifetime! We are happy we used Himalayan Glacier Tours. My husband and I did the EBC Trek for our H…
Awesome trek to Base Camp Everest
Trekking to Everest Base Camp had been on my bucket list for a while. Covid delayed it multiple times. It was well …
Best Treking Comany in Nepal
This is the second time I have traveled with them. This is a customer serice based comapny. We were met aa the airp…
I would like to say “Thank You” to The Himalayan Glacier team for an amazing, fantastic, and wonderful trip, words …
Couldn't ask for anything better
From the planning to the real adventure, everything went amazingly smoothly. The team did a great job in adjusting …
Awesome trek to EBC
I had an amazing experience climbing with Himalayan glacier team - representative Sabin, guide Babu & porter Nikesh…
Himalayan Glacier was there when it counted the most!
The true test of a Trekking Company - especially in the Himalayas - is how they handle crisis situations. I came d…
Amazing experience from pick up to drop off!
Mr. Shankar and Baktah were awesome guides! They explained so much to us and monitored our health and happiness. E…
Truly well done!
Himalayan Glacier really made sure that my group received maximum communication and direction throughout the trek. …
Himalayan Glacier - Base Camp Trek
Excellent consumer service, Shanker and his team exceeded all expectations and made sure we had a rememberable expe…
Such a wonderful trip: Thanks HG!
In Nov 2022, I went on 2 consecutive treks with HG, both ~8 days long. One in Everest Region and one in Annapurna R…
Trip of a lifetime!
A truly amazing experience! The natural beauty of the Himalayas will render you speechless. I would like to offer …
October Trip to EBC and Gokyo
Very happy with the overall experience provided by the team at Himalayan Glacier. Good communication at the front …
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Mar 2019 • Solo
So many thanks from Himalayan Glacier Trekking company Mr. Naryan and Vidya and Ashmita and other staffs to doing tracker best organizing very well . I had three tracking in Himalaya with H.Glacier and really satisfied with guide and porters special in my recent tracking to renjo La pass every thing was good my guide was Babu and porter was Aba . Staff very kind and helpful and controlling tracker in Himalaya every minute . I had tracking 7 times in Nepal but last three my tracking I enjoyed and got many Himalayan experience with H.Glacier . I find Mr. Naryan very nice person and his advise about tracking is important and Mrs.Vidya doing trackers work perfectly . I was happy my self with best tea houses and time good organize and finishing on time . I had tracking Everest base camp via Gokyo and Chola pass and Everest base Camp again and next year I would like to do Kongma paa with H.Glacier Trakking . I recommend them strongly . Thanks Prof.Dr.Mohammad Hassan Kh. Ansari Urmia Iran
Written April 7, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Hello and Namaste! The Himalayan Glacier Team is glad and extremely delighted to hear from you. We are thankful to you for your recommendation and review. Mr. Babu and Aba, Ashmita, Mr. Narayan and Vidya are heartfuls to you for your beautiful words. We hope to assist your travel again in the near future. Beautiful wishes to you from the Himalayan Glacier Family.
Written July 12, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.