Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Utilize your adventurous holiday in upper Mustang; which also called little Tibet and it will be in your lifetime memorable holiday package. Highlights of Upper Mustang Trekking 1. Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing in major places with tour guide 2. Sightseeing in the beautiful Pokhara Valley with boating in Phewa Lake 3. Panoramic View of Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri 4. Buddhist heritage of the ‘Forbidden Kingdom’ to the legendary walled city of Lo Manthang. 5. Old Trans-Himalayan trading route towards Tibet 6. Breathtaking hiking experience by Upper Mustang Trekking
- Pick up and drop from International and Domestic Airport during this package with one official representative
- Private tourist vehicles will be available as per itinerary
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu at three-star hotel on twin sharing basis
- 2 Night accommodation in Pokhara at three-star hotel on twin sharing basis
- Welcome or Farewell dinner (one time during Nepal trip)
- An experienced and well trained English Speaking Guide
- Salary, Insurance, whole accommodation of trekking crew member
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing
- Achievement Certificate, T-shirt, First Aid Kit, Trekking Map and seasonal fruits
- Departure information, visa extension procedure and international flight reconfirmation
- Company service charge and all applicable government tax
- Meals and accommodation during trekking
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Porters for trekking (if you need porters, we will provide upon payment)
- Visa Fee, International Air Fare and all other cost incurred before arrival in Nepal
- Traveller’s Travel Insurance (Must cover Accidental, Medical and Search and Rescue)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks with all personal expenses
- Personal Trekking gear (oxygen cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulator)
- Tipping for guides, porters, and drivers (tipping is not mandatory but highly expected)
- Any other unseen expenses which are not mentioned in cost includes part
- Any other items which are not included in cost includes part
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- After landing at the Tribhuwan International Airport, we will be greeted by a representative of Peregrine Treks who will drop us off at our hotel. We then check-in at the hotel freshen up and take a rest. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- We tour Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath stupa and Bouddhanath stupa that are all world heritage sites. The Durbar Square reveals the life of the royals in ancient times. Pashupatinath temple is one of the most important places of pilgrimage for all Hindus. Swyambhunath is also known as the Monkey Temple and Bouddhanath Stupa is one of the largest stupas in the world. You need to pay extra for sightseeing. At noon, we are introduced to our fellow participants and discuss our trip at Peregrine Trek’s office. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- We have breakfast then leave for Pokhara, also known as The Lake City owing to the large number of lakes in the city. Upon our arrival in Pokhara, we are rewarded with magnificent views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,794ft), Manaslu (8,156m/26,759ft), Machhapuchhre (6,993m/22,943ft), the five peaks of Annapurna and others. We then check-in to our hotel and take a rest. We enjoy boating in the Fewa Lake and stroll in the city’s quaint streets. Overnight in Pokhara.
- Today we will take an early morning flight to Jomsom, which is famous for its apples, strong winds and the landscape. We begin our trek on an open trail alongside a beautiful valley. We pass through Eaklibatti village before reaching Jomsom which is ideally located at the bank of two rivers. The village is beautiful with flat-roofed houses and also has ruins of an old fortress. Overnight in Kagbeni.
- We get our permits checked then begin our trek on a trail alongside the Kali Gandaki River. We walk on sand amidst strong winds before ascending on a hill. We reach the Tangbe Village and admire its narrow alleyways, white-washed houses, barley and buckwheat fields, and apple orchards. We continue our walk and pass another village and cross a river on our way. Next, we walk on a ridge before reaching Chele Village. Overnight in Chele.
- Our trek from today will be a little hard compared to what we experienced before. Our walk today involves crossing two passes, Taklam La pass (3,624m) and Dajori La Pass (3,735). On our way, we enjoy great views of Tilicho, Yakawa Kang and Damodar Danda and pass by Ramchung Cave. We descend further and reach Samar Village. From here we walk on a trail above the village and reach a ridge. Next, we descend on a steep trail to a stream and continue our trek to Syanboche. Overnight in Syanboche.
- We ascend to the Yamda La pass at 3,850m. On the way, we pass by a few teahouses, chortens and beautiful villages. We trek through poplar forests and barley fields and reach Nyi Pass at 4,010m. From here, we descend to Ghami which is one of the biggest villages in the Lo region. The village is beautiful with fields surrounding the entire village. Overnight in Ghami.
- Our trek today begins with a descent through a rough and often slippery trail. We then cross a suspension bridge over the Ghami Khola and begin ascending. The pathway is beautiful with mani walls along the trail. Next, we cross the Tsarang La Pass at 3870m and reach Tsarang village. The village lies atop the Charang Chu canyon with a huge fortress and a red gompa towards its east. Overnight in Tsarang.
- We begin our trek by descending to a canyon and cross a river before beginning our uphill trek to Lo La pass which at 3950m. From the top of the pass we can admire the beautiful Lo Manthang village. From the pass we descend to Lo Manthang which is a beautiful walled village. From here the views of the Himalayas including Nilgiri, Tilicho and Annapurna I, Bhrikuti Peak as well as Damodar Kunda (pond) is quite good. Overnight in Lo-Manthang.
- Lo Manthang is a walled town of the remote Upper Mustang region of Nepal. We spend the day touring three major gompas of the town namely Jhampa, Thupchen and Chhoeda. All of these gompas have undergone expert restoration over the last two decades. We can also trek to Tingkhar which is a beautiful village located north-west of Lo-Mangthang. Overnight in Lo Manthang.
- We trek on a different route when returning from Lo-Manthang. Our trail passes through Gyakar village which houses a century old Ghar Gompa with beautiful rock paintings. According to a local legend, anyone who makes a wish at the Gompa will have it fulfilled. We explore the Gompa and continue our trek to Drakmar for an overnight stay.
- We start our trek early to avoid strong winds and descend for the most part of the trek. Our trail passes through a dry plateau and fields before reaching Ghiling. The walk can be relatively difficult as we are most likely to experience strong winds on our face. Ghiling is mostly dry, but we still get good views of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri mountains. We can tour the village around the evening. Overnight in Ghiling.
- We begin our trek after breakfast. We walk on the same trail as before going up to Lo Manthang. On the way to Chhuksang we can enjoy great views of the Himalayas and small villages we pass en route. Overnight in Chhuksang.
- Today is the last day of our trek and it is a long one. After trekking for a while, we come to an end of our Mustang trails and join the trails of the Annapurna circuit. We stop for lunch at Kagbeni. After lunch, we continue our trek to Jomsom for an overnight stay.
- We take an early morning flight to Pokhara. The airplane passes through a gorge between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains making the flight itself an amazing experience. After arriving in Pokhara, we can spend the rest of the day in leisure. Overnight in Pokhara.
- After breakfast, we say goodbye to the beautiful northern skyline of Pokhara and drive towards Kathmandu. This will be a journey along riverbanks with wonderful views of terraced hills and the rural Nepalese lifestyle. After reaching Kathmandu, we take a rest or do some souvenir shopping. To celebrate the successful completion of our journey, we will have a farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Our Upper Mustang Trek in Nepal comes to an end today! A representative from Peregrine Treks will take us to the airport approximately three hours before the scheduled flight. On our flight back home, we take with us amazing memories of our Lo Manthang trip and Nepal.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Peregrine Treks and Tours
Adventurous Tour with Peregrine
We have booked Annapurna Circuit Trek with Peregrine Treks. After we landed in Kathmandu, Peregrine Treks escorted …
Annapurna Circuit in Winter
Annapurna Circuit trek was an easy grade trek for me. We walked on lots of steep hills, stony paths, and forested r…
Unforgettable and amazing experience
My trip in Nepal was awesome ! Since I didnt have a lot of Time and I wanted to do the Annapurna tour including Poo…
Asian hiking team Annapurna Circuit trek
We did annapurna circuit with asian hiking team in September 2019. It was really easy to organise and everything wa…
If you want to trek a moderate level route in Nepal, Annapurna Base Camp is precisely perfect for you. I did this t…
Annapurna Base Camp Trek via Poon Hill
I completed the Annapurna Base Camp via Poon Hill with Peregrine Treks in September and had an absolutely fantastic…
Very good service
Myself , my wife and my mother travelled to Kathmandu Nepal , we booked package with Mr. Pradip from Peregrine trav…
My honeymoon in nepal
We booked a 10 day trip to nepal. It comprised of a balance between city visit and natural beauty. We had a great e…
Well worth it!
I've just finished the ABC trek with Peregrine. If I had the choice I would do the same thing again. It was a great…
Family tour to Nepal was very nice, had a great family time. The tour itinerary was well organized with our custom…
Everest Base Camp Trek return by helicopter
Peregrine Treks and our guide Pradip made sure we were well taken care of. They were constantly in communication th…
Pradip who received us from Peregrine treks and expedition was very helpful. Communication was great. He showed us …
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek with Peregrine Treks
This was one of the most amazing adventures I gave ever had! This company was awesome to deal with and took such ex…
When in Nepal or Thailand Peregrine Treks and Expeditions is an excellent company
During a recent trip to Nepal, we had to make a last-minute change in the company we were using. Peregrine Treks in…
Thanks to the help of Peregrine Treks and Expeditions, my trip around Nepal was an amazing experience! I highly rec…
- Duration: 15–18 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 658 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Upper Mustang Trek
- Upper Mustang Trek cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Upper Mustang Trek on Tripadvisor
- Upper Mustang Trek is hosted by Peregrine Treks and Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Peregrine Treks and Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Upper Mustang Trek on Tripadvisor