Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple
By Adventure Thirdpole Treks
Pashupatinath Temple is one of the 8 UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites of the Kathmandu Valley. Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, is one of the four most important religious sites in Asia. It was built in the 5th century. However, it is said to have existed from the beginning of the millennium when a Shiva lingam was discovered here. Visitors other than Hindus can see it from across the river. The inner sanctum has a Shiva lingam and outside sits the largest statue of Nandi the bull, the vehicle of Shiva. Hundred of Shiva lingams are within the compound. The big Maha Shivaratri festival in spring attracts thousands of devotees from within Nepal and from India. HIGHLIGHTS • Learn Hinduism / Hindu Culture • Take pictures with the Hindu holy men • See the cremation of the dead body • Private Transportation with Driver • Tour by professional Guide
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pashupatinath Arean Entrance TICKET
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from your hotel in Thamel or its surrounding area
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 57901P33
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple?
- Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple price starts from $99.00. Discover and book Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple on Tripadvisor
- What is the Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple cancellation policy?
- Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple?
- Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple is hosted by Adventure Thirdpole Treks. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Adventure Thirdpole Treks on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Half-Day Tour to Pashupatinath Temple on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 57901P33
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1PashupatinathStop: 4 hoursDouble roofed pagoda style temple has a gilded roof, four sides covered in silver and wood carvings of the finest quality. Cremation of Hindus take place on raised platforms along the river. The site and events at cremation is not for those who have weak heart; however the visitors are still seen curiously watching.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Trustworthy, flexible and kindhearted!
Had a beautiful trek with Adarsha to Mardi Himal BC and a lovely stay in the home of Deepak. Everything was well pr…
Great view, NOT a day tour
This is an interesting place to visit. The architecture is very interesting, and they were doing a lot of restorat…
Highly Recommended, Very Reliable
For the third time in three years, I took a 4WD tour of Upper Mustang with Adventure Thirdpole Treks. This tour wa…
A worry-free adventurous holiday.
Everything from start to end was well planned by our guide Raj and the company. The trek was enjoyable with many la…
Best hospitality and reliability
23 March-7 April 4 of us were supposed to climb Everest base camp but due to the bad haze on the day we were supp…
Located at the heart of kathmandu. All the beauty of nature you can view from here. Gives peace of mind in every vi…
We had a day trip booked in pokhara to explore the city, raj (our guide) was fantastic and kind, he took us out fo…
Wonderful Experience with great people
We had a wonderful time with Raj! He made our time and tour in Pokhara excellent. He even met with us and hosted us…
Wow what a view!
Though I did an Everest Mountain Flight the view of the Himalayas rising above the clouds from Chandragiri at appro…
Trip to Nepal to visit daughter in Sindhupalchok District (Raithane)
We spent several days in Kathmandu and travels to the east and north. Deepak arranged jeep for travel from Kathma…
Awesome experience! Mountains, Culture and the People!
I have been in a couple of places in the world but Nepal is no like others. It's a country where nature shows it …
Photographing Nepal’s Hidden Jewels
I must thank Adventure Third Pole Trak for organizing such a wonderful trip for me to photograph Nepal’s hidden jew…
Soul searching Lantang - Gosainkunda Pass Trek
Where do I even begin about Thirdpole? Have you ever felt at home when you're not exactly at home? At peace at thee…
I toured Upper Mustang in Oct/Nov 2017 with a group organized by a third party with Adventure Thirdpole Treks doing…
Langtang Trek & Gosainkunda Mountain Pass
This marks my third trip in Nepal with Adventure Thirdpole. I have forged a great friendship with Mr. Rajendra Man …