Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle
By Himalayan Planet Adventures Day Tours
Lord Buddha was born in Nepal. His birthplace at Lumbini is a major pilgrimage site for people around the world. Yet in spite of its popularity, there is not a direct luxury tourist bus to Lumbini. The best option is to take a private vehicle to Lumbini. A private car is not only more comfortable than bus service, but it is also faster and direct. Local buses have crowded seating with little legroom. The cost is quite reasonable and much more comfortable. If you desire, you can alternate go to the Indian border with the same private car at Sunauli. Be wise. Arrive relaxed and in a peaceful frame of mind by taking a private vehicle to Lumbini approx 300 km. The departing time is flexible and informs us what time would you like to depart from Kathmandu.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
per group (up to 3)
Duration: 7–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Inside Ringroad including Bouddha area)
- One-way private transfer
- Transport by A/C private vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from all hotels inside Ring road including Bouddha area.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7670P23
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Alternet Contact address: +9779851104438
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle?
- Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle price starts from $300.00. Discover and book Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle cancellation policy?
- Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle?
- Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle is hosted by Himalayan Planet Adventures Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Himalayan Planet Adventures Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kathmandu to Lumbini or Sunauli Border Transfer by Luxury Private Vehicle on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7670P23
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Himalayan Planet Adventures Day Tours
Joined in December 2014
#189 of 1,937 Tours & Activities in Kathmandu
- Y712SIpetral00Hiking around NagarkotToday I went on a sunrise and hiking trip to Nagarkot. The trip was perfectly organized and my guide Shishir was just perfect. He speaks English fluently and he has an enormous knowledge about nature, history, religion and culture. It was a pleasure talking to him. I can recommend this trip to everybody.
- Explore28686900Nice walk through the countryside with a knowledgeable guideThe sunrise view was good, but the best part was the walk through the nearby villages and stops at the temples. Was a great chance to glimpse a side of nepal outside the city and trekking.
- gauravg86200BrilliantAmazing experience. We got to know a lot about Nepalese history. The added on hike was refreshing and beautiful. Sarita is very enthusiastic about her work and knows the places really well. We enjoyed her company and the knowledge she carries.
- 236kaushikd00Kathmandu Tours with Himalayan Planet AdventuresThis was our first Nepal trip and we booked this tour many months in advance. Nabaraj Thapa, co-founder of the Himalayan Planet Adventures reached out to us as soon as we booked the tour and answered all our Nepal-related questions, and shared all tour-specific info. It was our first guided private tour on our arrival in Kathmandu. We were picked up from the hotel lobby by our guide Pankaj on time for this beautiful cable car ride up the mountains. We enjoyed the company of Pankaj explaining facts about Chandragiri and the Holy Valeshwor Temple. The view from the top of the mountains is top-notch on a clear day. Nabaraj was always in touch with us for the rest of our trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara. He is very knowledgeable and helped us plan our itinerary throughout our trip when needed. We will recommend him and his company to all our family and friends for any tour in Kathmandu and Nepal in general.
- X869FHlaurenj00Get to see the heart of Nepal through its history and peopleThis was my first experience in Nepal - and it was such a warm welcome from my guide Pakanj. I went on a day tour with him from Kathmandu to Nagarkot and Bhaktapur city. First, we saw the sunrise along the Himalayan mountains ridge line, then a delicious breakfast on the mountain. Afterwards we went on a walking tour of Bhaktapur city and it’s ancient ponds. He showed me not just the history of Bhaktapur, but a glimpse into the everyday life of the residents. I even got to eat authentic Nepalese thali and enjoy the sites and sounds of the city. I felt very safe traveling with Pakanj and it was definitely worth it! I would definitely recommend the trip — I saw a side of Nepali life I wouldn’t otherwise have been able to see if I went on a typical tourist excursion.
- davidaV1015LG00Great short trip and experienceNice short enjoyable trip. Excellent guide and overall experience. Highly recommended this adventure.
- aaronrS1126TK00Horrible experienceNot as advertised - the lookout point is dangerous at best. The hike through picturesque villages is non-existent. No places to stop and see the vistas. No places to eat and mingle as advertised. Guide was on phone most of the time. Complete waste of money
- daysoffwork00Don't Miss This TourTook the tour of KTM and surroundings with Sarita and driver. The booking, communication, pickup, tour and driver were extremely professional. I really enjoyed my day with Sarita, she is very well educated and has passion for her home country and culture. I was tired from 14 hour time change but was inspired to keep going! Lunch was amazing and the little shopping we did was nice. Loved what I learned about the country's and city culture, so amazing! If you have 6-7 hours in KTM I would highly recommend. Himalayan Planet is very, very good to deal with!
- Abdu A00Great views, awesome guideThis was a great experience great views and a lot of interesting facts about the history, culture and religion! Sarita my guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, I asked lots of questions and she always had an informed answer. Pick up and drop off was very quick and smooth. She also had great advice on other tours and things to see. I even got a chance to add another tour on the way back home!
- 393ekak00My experience was excellentm The tour guide Madan was very attentive and careful. Watched every step we made and cared a lot. SpWalked about 13 kms through different villages. The guide knew the area very well. The breakfast after the sunrise was at a wonderful hotel with fascinating views. Pick up and drop was as sceduled. No delayes. Madan is a good asset for a company. I felt how he felt responsible during whole tour and explained the details without hesitation. Thank you once again
- 小晴 田00No.1 tour guide Shishir and charming driver SundesA huge thanks to our tour guide Shishir and driver Sundes ! We had a magical time watching the sunrise. Shishir even brought us some wild raspberry’s! I am the type of person who likes to watch the sunrise for a long time so I was very grateful that he never hurried us for the next schedule and let us stay to watch the sunrise for the longest time. Unfortunately we couldn’t see the Himalayan mountains but it was still a very nice sunrise. Also the hiking was a wonderful adventure where we saw many dogs, goats and chickens and really see the village life. He explained a lot of the scenery with many interesting facts. Unfortunately after hiking for a while I was suddenly feeling unwell and nearly fainted. Shishir asked our driver Sundes to come to the closest point available to pick us up and helped me go to a local cafe to lie down for a while. I really appreciate their help and their kindness. If not for the two of them, me and my friend wouldn’t have felt safe. They made our first trip to Kathmandu very very special despite feeling unwell. Thankyou so much and hope to see u again soon!!
- hbol00Best day trip ever!Our day in Nagarkot with Pankaj was one of the best day trips we’ve ever had! Pankaj is kind, intelligent, patient and interesting. We learned so much! Three of us signed up and we were surprised to find out we had Pankaj to ourselves all day! This trip is an excellent value. The highlight was spending time talking with Pankaj while walking through the hill villages on the way down from a wonderful breakfast that followed the sunrise. We will never forget this day.
- MrO3600Great hikeGreat view of the sunrise on the morning and a nice walk after with a great tour guide and interesting tour of temple.
- S8462CCjoseb00A great day out !The sunrise trip was very good. Due to the weather there was no view on the Himalayan. But the early morning car drive was a great xperience in itself. Kathmandu is still asleep and the traffic is calm. You see some people walking in the streets and the dogs are awake. It was a nice atmosphere at the sunrise watch. We drove to a nearby hotel and had an amazing breakfast. Then we set off on our hike. First through the local villages and then through nature. The hike was around 9 km in total and the driver was checking on us halfway the hike. Sarita was amazing. She knows how to be a good friend and adapted easily to my personality. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and Sarita's company.
- Alexander J00Great guide and viewsMy guide Bir was brilliant. Fantastic company on the walk, knowledgeable and great fun. Also the views of the mountains are something that I will never forget!