Amazing Race - Food Tour
By Food Tours and Adventures of Uganda
This half day tour follows in the footsteps of the TV show-Amazing Race and visits the same locations as the show while sampling Ugandan food along the way. Our knowledgable tour guide will accompany you on this tour. You'll experience the best view of Kampala when you climb the stairs of a mosque minaret tower, then we drive to the City's largest market, which is the size of nearly 20 football fields. There you will sample delicious snacks such as the Rolex and Ugandan Egg-roll. After that, we take a drive through Kampala's outer neighborhoods to visit the nearby shores of Lake Victoria to see the boat makers, fish auction house and processing. The tour finishes with a feast of fried fish and chips. Transportation, food and drinks are included in tour price. You will be picked up and dropped off at your accommodations in the Kampala area.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Private transportation
- Traditional Ugandan snacks will be provided
- Lunch or Dinner is included along with drinks
- Entry/Admission - Gaddafi National Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Kampala
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick you up from any hotel in Kampala area, or can meet at a central location. Tour times are flexible, we will contact you to confirm your pickup time and location, or please let us know your preferred pickup time and location.
- Uganda Post Office, Plot 35 Kampala Road, Kampala P.O.BOX 7106, KAMPALA, Uganda Outside the main entrance to the main Post Office, or at your hotel or any designated location that is most convenient for you.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 157621P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Amazing Race - Food Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Amazing Race - Food Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Amazing Race - Food Tour?
- Amazing Race - Food Tour price starts from $102.57. Discover and book Amazing Race - Food Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Amazing Race - Food Tour cancellation policy?
- Amazing Race - Food Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Amazing Race - Food Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Amazing Race - Food Tour?
- Amazing Race - Food Tour is hosted by Food Tours and Adventures of Uganda. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Food Tours and Adventures of Uganda on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Amazing Race - Food Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 157621P2
- You'll start atUganda Post OfficeOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Gaddafi National MosqueStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Owino MarketStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
This is a great tour of Kampala. Kennedy is a great guide, sharing a vast amount of information. It was interestin…
Worth the time and money!
I had a wonderful experience. Getting an opportunity to explore the many streets food of Kampala was amazing. My to…
Try the Tilapia
This was our second tour with Kennedy. Again, Kennedy exceeded our expectations. We were unfamiliar with the food…
Wild and fascinating
Owino market is wild and fascinating! Definitely recommend this tour if you’re adventurous and want to be immersed …
This tour was amazing. Loved the views and got some good time lapses of the busy streets below. The market was rad…
Not to be missed!!!
Fantastic tour. Kennedy and Paul are outstanding. They go above and beyond (I won’t be able to eat again for days!!…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jun 2019 • Solo
What a fun tour! I especially enjoyed exploring the market and seeing the fish auction at Lake Victoria. The rolex vendors were fun to see, and the rolex and fried fish was delicious!
Written June 11, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thanks for your review, it was a pleasure to show you around Kampala!
Written June 14, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.