Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 18-75, max of 12 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Volcanoes National Park
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- we pick up from all hotels in Rwanda according to the guest’s choice and the transportation cost doesn't include in the price of the service.We charge according to the area covered.
- Gakenke, Rwanda Near Nemba Hospital,3 minutes drive from Gakenke center.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143540P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Banana beer brewery?
- Banana beer brewery price starts from $71.03. Discover and book Banana beer brewery on Tripadvisor
- What is the Banana beer brewery cancellation policy?
- Banana beer brewery cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Banana beer brewery on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Banana beer brewery?
- Banana beer brewery is hosted by Beyond the Gorillas Experience. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Beyond the Gorillas Experience on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Banana beer brewery on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Banana beer brewery?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Banana beer brewery on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 143540P5
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atGakenkeOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Volcanoes National ParkStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedTaking pictures of the marvelous home to the famous mountain gorillas is a good memory to keep the whole lifetime.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Beyond the Gorillas Experience
Joined in April 2019
#1 of 12 Food & Drink in Ruhengeri
- pbulka00unforgettable trekkingbeautiful and gorgeous walk through the mountains on top of the 2 lakes ending with a boat ride to the peace heaven island. Unforgettable trip with the best guides Vincent and Sara. Highly recommended
- ninae63800Great help and serviceWe had planned to do the hike by ourselves but were told about Beyond the Gorillas Experience and how they can arrange for a chef to prepare the meals at the top of the mountain. We contacted them and they arranged for everything the day before. They were fast, and so professional. The food was great as well as the service. Would recommend them to anyone!
- Excursion1227264074700Fantastic one day hikking tripThis one day hikking trip was excellent : Esther, the guide, was very professionnal and Sharif a lot of informations about thé country and culture, landscapes are stunning, hot meal at the top delicious… I strongly recommend this company and this tour
- R458WHamyt00Camping in Volcanoes National ParkTheo and the Beyond the Gorillas Experience team organised an amazing camping trip for myself and my colleagues. The tents and equipment were very comfortable and cosy despite the cold temperatures at night – the hot water bottles were much appreciated. The food was delicious and plentiful. Theo and the team also did an excellent job of organising things quickly and efficiently and were very communicative. Many thanks!
- 108latashas00Beyond my expectationsI recently had an exceptional experience with Beyond the Gorillas tours. My guide was John. There was a switch in guides the morning of because the first tour guide was running late. This was swiftly corrected by providing a different guide for my excursion. I contacted Beyond the Gorillas to arrange a boat tour of Lake Kivu and had a wonderful time. My guide was attentive to all details, including making suggestions of activities to do the rest of the day and taking me to them. My tour included a lunch. Because I am vegan I was a bit concerned about whether I would have good food options. They called a restaurant in the area and arranged my meal, got back to me about food options and had the food prepared once I arrived. This was amazing an unexpected. John even contacted me the next day to make sure all was well and I had everything I needed. He also sent a colleague to check on my the next day in his absence because I placed a clothing order to be picked up the day before when we were together and he wanted to make sure I remembered the location! This was more than service. It was service with CARE. The experience I had with this company has made a huge impact on me and has helped my time here be more enjoyable, especially as someone traveling solo. Much gratitude
- AletheaOsborne00Fantastic hike up KarisimbiAmazing trip up Karisimbi, brilliant camping at the base and everything well organised. Really recommend!
- katienU5409HE00Recommended for hikers!I decided last minute to do a hike up Mount Kabuye. BGE were able to organise my whole trip in under a day, being very communicative about travel, costs, food, etc. over the phone and WhatsApp. My guide Justin came with our driver to pick me up directly from my hotel in Kigali. The drive was easy and felt very safe. Justin was very engaging and incredibly knowledgeable about the region especially bird species which came in handy during our hike! The hike itself is challenging but very doable. The paths are very clear and well sign posted. The food at the summit was absolutely wonderful (compliments to the chef!) Overall a fab day out, managing to get back to Kigali well before nightfall. I recommend if you are staying in Kigali and want to get some exercise out in nature for a day!
- J S00Great Experience! Educational!4/5 … Francis was our tour guide and he was great. The overall experience was amazing. The chance to visit the marketplace and see the locals do their everyday tasks and educate ourselves on their way of living was like no other experience. The only thing my girlfriend and I were unaware of was the 2 hour walk to the village because the description wasn’t clear on that so we ended up going to visit a local’s home closer to the marketplace instead of taking a 4-hour round trip hike. I think the description should detail that more clear because if we didn’t ask how long the walk was, we would have been really disappointed but nonetheless, the tour was a success even though we didn’t take the 2hour hike to the designated village.
- MikeJennyQ00To understand a country you must spend time with the real people.Great chance to see the day to day operation of a household. Visiting a place is not complete without seeing day to day life for real folks. Cooking housekeeping shopping and village interaction are up close and personal. Local music demonstrated and taste and eat everything they do.
- christyadeolab00Highly recommended!Absolutely fantastic service - they truly went above and beyond. Very organised and efficient, knowledgeable, kind and generous. All credit to John and the team - thanks so much for an unforgettable experience!
- ReggieLombard00Decent hike 2 hours outside Kigali - great view of the hills and country lifeBooked this hike with less than 24 hours and they did everything to arrange it all at short notice including the pick up from my hotel in kigali . The start of the hike is about 2 hours outside kigali and is a moderate hike . A proper moderate hike - it is not an easy one . It's just over 1000m of climbing and took me about 2 hours 10 mins of walking to complete (excluding a 10mins pit stop when we got guava from a local farmer and stopped to eat then ) . The original guide to top is 3.5 hours and that would allow for lots of stopping /breaks Track is a dirt/earth road most of the hike with a little Forrest at the top! Do take the pole that is offered - I was reluctant to take it b it was glad I did as parts are extremely slippery- my butt did hit the ground on the way down on one occasion. At the top you are treated to drink of your choice and some freshly cooked snacks - I highly recommend the ginger tea - was fantastic . Do tell them your dietary requirements as they are very flexible !!! The way down was slightly different to way up so plenty of variety of scenery and Francis is full of information on all the plants and vegetation! Overall great trip - John the driver arrived early and was a very safe driver and I was back in Kigali by 4pm
- H6163XRannew00Great day in Kinigi!We spent a terrific afternoon enjoying drumming, singing, dancing and zither playing, all guided by Janet who was excellent. She taught us so much about the dances and songs. It was accompanied by a delicious meal. Joseph was an excellent driver as well. I highly recommend this company for your excursions.
- rudiepudie00Flexible guided tour adjusted to your wishesWe were searching for a short hike to get a nice view at the volcanoes, we even spotted a couple of golden monkeys and got a glipse of how the farmers are living. The price was fine with $40 per person, for 2 hours. Janet was a kind, flexible and well informed guide.
- Tour5349652217100Wonderful hike with Allen and JeanetteJust me and two lovely knowledgeable ladies doing a great hike with wonderful vistas. About 90 mins outside Kigali ( pick up and return is extra) the hike started with some straight uphill but pace was very calm and lots of breaks as I needed. Lots of wonderful information on the city and country as well and gorgeous views everywhere. Excellent guides and a wonderful experience! Will definitely contact this team for any other visits to Rwanda.
- roberta_righi00Rural hike to Twin Lakeswe took a 2h30 minutes hike through rural villages up to the peak to have an amazing view of the Twin Lakes , our guide was Jeannette that all along the way explained vwell the activities of the rural people . very interesting . we started at 1850mt and reached the peak at 2120mt , so physically possible for all. Jeanette carried some extra water in case of need and a snack. I really recommend this half day excursion for the wonderful view and colors . The only thing is that I have found the tour slightly overpriced , me and my husband paid 100$ cash and we had our driver to deliver us to the starting point and picking us up at the ending .
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Notre guide Théodore s'est adapté à notre demande et a su nous satisfaire au maximum. Nous ne lui avons pas facilité la tache, car nous avons modifié les horaires. Mais malgré cela, les différentes visites ont été maintenues et nous avons été très bien accueillis dans la famille pour la préparation de la bière de banane et aussi dans la famille pour préparer et partager le repas. La visite à pied dans le village, tout en discutant est très agréable. Nous nous sommes sentis bien et heureux de vivre un moment chez l'habitant. Quand nous sommes arrivés à notre hébergement,, nous avons une la surprise d'assister à une représentation de danse et de musique. Notre séjour a été excellent. Nous recommandons notre Guide Théodore et son entreprise. Nous sommes sincères et reconnaissants. Le groupe de 8 français .
Written February 26, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
BEYOND THE GORI... B
Merci beaucoup pour votre recommendation. Esperons vous voir encore au Beyond the Gorillas Experience!
Written February 27, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Banana beer brewery provided by Beyond the Gorillas Experience
Product Overview: Banana beer brewery
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos