per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 12-99, max of 15 per group
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Portuguese, English, Spanish
What's not included
- 2 nights accommodation
- Bottled water
- 2-course dinner
- 3-course lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Departure details
- Location Name: Maputo Location Address: Any Hotel within Maputo city (Matola excluded). Return Location: same as pick up.
- Maputo, Maputo, Maputo Province
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32069P13
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve?
- 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve price starts from $1,056.36. Discover and book 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve cancellation policy?
- 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve?
- 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve is hosted by Mabeco Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mabeco Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32069P13
Reserve your spot
About the operator
#2 of 26 Outdoor Activities in Maputo
- kerryvc00Excellent beach and city toursExcellent tours! We did the day trip to Macaneta Beach, a day trip to Ponta do Ouro, and the Maputo City tour. Drivers and tour guides spoke English, were very flexible regarding our preferred departure and return times, stopped along the way any time we asked, and were good with our kids, ages 7, 9, and 11. Fast, timely communication via WhatsApp prior to the tour.
- Serge G00Mozambique and Eswatini with Mabeco and Simao Langa.Having never been to Mozambique, I sought the advice of a reliable South African tour operator that I know very well. They referred me to Mabeco tours and quickly I was in contact with Simao Langa. I sent my requirements to him and he arranged everything in Mozambique for us from A-Z. He had someone meet us on arrival in the airport and guide us through the complexities of Mozambique's bureaucratic immigration procedures and Simao himself was waiting outside to greet us. He arranged our transfers, our hotel, a tour of Maputo itself, and a great full day outing to Eswatini. The arrangements made by Simao and his personal attention to our visit made all the difference for us and made our experience in Mozambique wonderful. I highly recommend Mabeco and Simao and will be happy to return to Mozambique!
- Karen D00Informative and fun!We had a great shore excursion with Simon (not sure of spelling). His English was excellent and he was very knowledgeable about the history and sites in Maputo. I would highly recommend Mabeco Tours if you want to visit Maputo.
- 211kelleel00Simão LangaI had the pleasure of being guided by Simão Langa of Mabeco Tours on a recent two week tour of Mozambique. Simão did a great job with a demanding group of seven photographers.. Simão was an excellent and professional ambassador for both Mabeco Tours and Mozambique. He was never impatient, always prompt and constantly cheerful. His enthusiasm and passion for Mozambique and his career was contagious! He is a careful and cautious driver which I appreciated. I highly recommend Simão and Mabeco Tours.
- Abu_Anthony00Maputo Special Reserve with SimãoSimão was a delightful driver, guide and companion on this trip. He is informed and patient. Recommend both Mabeco Tours and Simão.
- P7643TZtimg00UnforgettableThe uniqueness of a safari experience together with a swim in the paradise beaches of the Maputo Special Reserve. The team is knowledgeable and fun to be with. Fully and truly recommend!
- 424carolea00Hard hiking and hidden places2 days hiking in Inhaca. I went twice before to Inhaca on my own. this specific adventure allows you to access to some areas you would not know on your own. It was hard walking at the end of the day but while in the action you do not notice as you take your time and the team is always attentive. 3 or 4 team members were always with us one of them local from the island which was great as you could see he wanted to share the beautiful areas of his island with you. well organized and as I said access to some places where you would not go on your own
- pbaten00Last minute decision became a wonderful experienceSuddenly having a day without obligations on a business trip in Maputo. What do you do. Fill in a form on Mabeco tours website and receive an answer immediately. I then spend about an hour whatsapping with Antonio with all kind of questions and the deal was done for the next morning at 6.30 Pedro was an excellent and knowledgeable guide who could answer all my questions and who showed me lots and lots of animals. Impala, red duiker, reed- and waterbocks, hippo's, large herds of elephants, wilder beasts, zebras, giraffes and lots of birds. He even found a fingernail big painted reed frog!! Pedro brought lunch that we ate on the shore of one of the lagoons watching storks, spoonbills and other birds and... hippo's. During the whole trip we saw only a couple of other cars and it felt really pristine. I have been in Kruger, HluweHluwe, St Lucia and several parks in Botswana and Zimbabwe. This one ranks as one of my best experiences. Thank you Pedro and Antonio
- leeyikki00Adventure in a kingdomJoined an one-day tour from Maputo in Mozambique to Hlane Royal National Park in Eswatini (formerly known as Swaziland). For tours crossing an African border, chances of getting hassles by immigration alike could exist. With the excellent arrangements and proper documentations by Simão, the tour was smooth enough. Simão, as the guide/driver, ensured a safe drive across the gorgeous landscape of Southern Mozambique. He was also knowledgable and knows English, Portuguese (official language of Mozambique) and the local language in Eswatini, eliminating all potential problems. He has a nice character who takes care of his guests much by heart and perfectly accommodates their needs. The highlight of this tour was, of course, seeing rhinos! The ranger offered us a chance to walk a bit to somewhere within metres of these endangered animals. The ranger was, on the other hand, very experienced that he didn’t disturb and draw the attention of the rhinos, whilst ensuring our safety all the time. How impressive! We were also lucky enough to see lions, elephants, baboons, giraffes, etc., let alone various beautiful birds, during the safari. This was such an unforgettable experience! Besides the safari, Simão also introduced me the culture and local issues of Mozambique and Eswatini. Learnt a lot in only one day!
- barbaraconwell00Great tripI highly recommend Mabeco tours-everything was top notch from our transfer across the border from Mozambique (pick up in Maputo) over the South Africa for our 2 day tour of Kruger. We booked at the last minute and Mabeco was able to accommodate us. Great hotel next to Kruger too! Barbara Conwell
- insleypuma00Wonderful way to get to know Maputo and its surrounding attractionsWe spent a week in Mozambique, predominantly in Maputo and surrounding areas and used Mabeco Tours to set up several tours and trips. We went on their Maputo city tour on our first outing and Simao was our guide. He spoke excellent English (as well as a few other languages...I think it might be 6!) and was very knowledgable of the history of Mozambique. He was fullofhelpfjl information for us and we took advantage of all if his good advice to do a little sight seeing on our own. We also went on a custom trip to Ponta D'Ouro in southern Mozambique with Mabeco Tours and he was our guide for that day. Ponta D'Ouro has a marvelous swimming beach which we greatly enjoyed. He took very good care of us and was a great conversationalist. I truly learned a lot about local culture and history. The last couple of days that we were in Mozambique we went on an overnight Safari to Kruger National Park also organized by Mabeco. Koffe drove us to the Park and picked us up the next day, and accompanied us through the border immigration offices of both countries each way ( so glad to have him with us). He is a great driver and we felt very safe with him). The safari experience itself was unforgettable. We were set up with an expert guide who over the course of two days was able to show us all of the Big 5 several times, plus a cheetah that she ws able to track, several pythons, and even hyenas. Our overnight stay at one if the local area hotels was extremely comfortable and the food was great. I did not meet the owner of Mabeco, but he has obviously hired competent, super nice people to work with him and we know he was checking in with his guides all the time. He takes great pride in work well done and hus organization really provided us with a wonderful way to take in the country in such a short time. I recommend them highly.
- TWDG100Great - just greatWe took a couple of tours with Simao and Kofe. They were friendly, informative, helpful and we had a wonderful time. We did the city tour and learned a great deal about the local history. We also went to Kruger for 2 days and they made all the arrangement, including transport, lodging, etc.
- jesse-alan6400Wonderful and unqiue experience!Antonio our guide was very thoughtful and knowledgeable about Mozambique, the Maputo Special Reserve and all of its various plant and animal species. He was a pleasure to talk to, and knew the park well, leading us around to unique places and showing us much of the park and its wildlife. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone, as the Reserve is quite quiet and unique. I was nice to not run into too many people in the park as it truly felt like untouched wilderness. We loved stopping at the bread shop on the way out and the delicious lunch prepared/brought by Antonio. Take any chance you can get to go on a tour/trip with Antonio!
- Immavall0015 days in Moçambic with Mabeco ToursWe have spent 15 exceptional days at Moçambic. With Antonio we visited the Maputo Reserve and Sabie Game Park, at all times the treatment we received was formidable and if any setback arose, Antonio always compensated us with his attention. We also visited Tofo Beach and although the weather did not accompany much and we had some unexpected change (things that happen in Africa ..), at all times we have the collaboration and personalized attention of the staff of Mabeco Tours, especially the great Simao and our dear Coffe . Vilanculos, with the excursion and snorkeling in Bazaruto, was the final pearl, an unforgettable experience !! Thank you very much friend Antonio, Simao and Coffe, it has been a pleasure to meet you and share experiences with you.
- Arxitexter00The bestWe arranged online directly with Mabeco and they were flawless in all aspects of service and quality. Our guide, Simão, was excellent - warm, knowledgable and with a sense of humor. He was already waiting for us when we went to our arranged meeting place for an early morning departure. He assisted us at the border crossing and brought us to a Swazi cultural park, a fascinating candle fabricator, and markets. We were enthralled by the experience overall and highly recommend this tour!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jul 2019 • Friends
We visited Maputo Special Reserve and stayed at Anvil Bay Lodge, which was a great experience. You drive through the safari-park for approximately three hours looking for animals and seeing the fantastic nature. Then you arive at Anvil Bay, a small collection of houses nestled in the forest at the beach. A truly beuatiful place! Throughout our trip the guides where enthusiastic and personal and seemed genuinely interested in us having the best vacation possible.
Written July 6, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve provided by Mabeco Tours
Product Overview: 3-Day Guided Tour: Maputo Special Reserve
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos