The 20th edition of TOTAL Great Ethiopian Run International 10km will take place on 15 November 2020. More than 44,000 participants and more than 500 elite athletes took part in race and this makes it the biggest race ever on the African continent by participant numbers. The race’s ambassador is Haile Gebre Selassie who has been instrumental in the success of the event managing organization known as Great Ethiopian Run, credited with the birth of mass participation running in Ethiopia. This is Africa’s biggest road race, and along with the elite athletes there is a huge variety of runners, from young kids to pioneers, and there’s a wonderful atmosphere. Our company can arrange airport transfer and hotels reservation services. In addition to this, we can provide a variety of long or short trips around Ethiopia.
Duration: 1 day
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, Arabic, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- alcoholic beverages
- Start:Multiple pickup locations offered.Pickup details
Hotel pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included hotels.Airport pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included airports.
- we pick up travelers from anywhere in the city
End:This activity ends back at the meeting point.
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 177350P23
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 177350P23
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
About the operator
Ethio Afro Tours
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Joined in October 2018
#18 of 274 Outdoor Activities in Addis Ababa
- King M00The best tour & travel company in EthiopiaWe were a group of 10 people and traveling in Ethiopia and we booked Ethio Afro Tours for sightseeing in Addis ,omo valley, and northern Ethiopia, simien mountain, Lalibela, Gonder, Bahirdar, Dankil, volcano ,and blue Nile falls. and the wonderful bird watch experience. We were very happy with the excellent service provided by our tour guides and drivers overall. Most of our guides we used were Amazing and very knowledgeable and knew the history of the area so we'll we we're very pleased with Ethio Afro Tours service. We have used Ethio Afro Tours before as well for a trip to Bale mountain and by now know several of their drivers and staff members they are all wonderful people who are they trustworthy and responsible. I will always recommend Ethio Afro Tours to anyone traveling to Ethiopia!
- Sup7008 day Northern trail with Ethio Afro tours - 10/10I’ll have to start with the pre -trip when i connected with Mihiretab ( across ET & India time zones !) - we connected about a month and half before our trip which gave us enough time to lock in the finer details of our driving trip , which was focussed on the Northern trail ( Addis - Bahir Dar- Gondar- Lalibela). Super smooth communications and Mihiretab was flexible to customize requests ( we were a couple travelling). Clear comms and fair negotiations with the pricing . Ketema was our driver for this approx 1600 kms trip , and we could not have asked for anyone with a better temperament and timeliness for this road trip- never once did he miss our scheduled meeting times. We booked local excursions and guides separately (Lake Tana 2 monasteries boat trip at ~ 4000 Birr and USD 50 per head + Birr 1300 for the guide at the Lalibela churches ) We got a pretty decent 4X4 Landcruiser for the trip ( you’ll need one in Ethiopia ) and had booked our accommodations independently. Ethiopia is totally ready to welcome travellers and to present its ancient history , culture , landscapes and of course the aromatic coffee! Tip - you might want to carry some writing pens as that’s what a lot of little children on the streets will request you for ( and not money !) All in all , great experience on the trip made possible by Ethio Afro tours - Mihiretab and his crew on the ground 👍
- yosefg92500The best tour company in Ethiopia !We took 3 weeks tour with Ethio Afro Tours and everything was fantastic. Since the beginning the email exchanges with Mihiretab where clear, quickly and well explained. Once in Ethiopia we have visited different places, Omo valley and the Simien mountain taking different flights and sleeping in different lodges and resorts . The organization was perfect and the lodge and resort were we have stayed were really nice. All the guides and driver’s we’ve got were really professional, friendly helpful and nice person’s. We had to change a bit our plans to go back home before expected. The company helped us to reschedule our planning and our flight. We have really enjoyed our trip, Ethio Afro Tours Stuff making sure we have a wonderful experience here in Ethiopia trip. The Ethiopian people are very beautiful and friendly! We will go back for sure in the future and we will make another tour with Ethio Afro Tours. Thanks for Mihiretab and see you in Germany 🇩🇪! Cheers .
- King M002 weeks photographic cultural tour of the omo valley, EthiopiaWe recently returned from a 2 weeks private photography tour to Ethiopia (omo valley tribes). We used Ethio Afro Tours as our tour operator. Mihiretab the owner was fantastic and from day one we felt that we was in safe hands. It was an incredible experience! The guides are very knowledgeable. The itinerary was flexible and thoughtfully put together and the guides knew the exact mix between tourist comfort and an adventure experience. The car they used was fantastic. The lodge and resort was great! The food was great injera. We highly recommend Ethio Afro Tours for trip to Ethiopia.
- nanayem00Great expriance with Ethio Afro Tours.Very professional tour company. We just had what we can only discribe as one of the most memorable and wonderful expriance of our life immersed into the landscape, the coffee plant the beautiful people in ethiopia. The planning for the trip was impeccable, the locations visited were exactly what we hoped for. Mr Mihiretab went out of their way to please and it showed very professional, friendly and courteous service. Our driver Habtamu were very friendly, professional and even did their best with explanations when necessary. Our guid were amazing. All the lodge and hotels were the best good is wow! Definitely got great value for our money. Thanks for the great time to Ethio Afro Tours. See you again and we definitely recommand this company!
- zewditut00Super fantstic tour travel company in AfricaWow! thank you so much Mr Mihirrtab (ethio afro tours )for the amazing time you showed us in Ethiopia omo valley. I will be back sooner with my group. I highly recommend anyone that plans to travel to Ethiopia ,Africa to book with ethio afro tours. Whatever experience you want he will make it happen. Great communication and was always on time for every tour along with pick up and drop off to airport. Thank you for giving us the opportunity
- Mulugeta Z00Just the best tour & travel company in EthiopiaOur experience with Ethio Afro Tours was just a dream! Me and my group explored this beautiful omo valley tribes to the fullest and Mihiretab (Matthew) the owner of this tour company really exceeded our expectation! From the very beginning to the end was everything very well thrilled & organized. We left omo valley full of happiness, cultural experience, and wonderful memories. Thank you Ethio Afro Tours Team and specifically thanks to Matthew! Hope to see you again soon.
- Yodit m00Wonderful experience, Great tour company!Thank you so much! Ethio Ethio Afro Tours were excellent all around, Highly recommended company! Easy to book and always helpful.made my trip to the omo Valley an enjoyable, unforgettable trip and thanks to ethio afro tours team! The car and driver was excellent.
- addisalemz202000Coffee Tours + Addis city toursExcellent team for your day trip to Addis Ababa, Ethio Afro Tours, we booked the city and coffee tour with Ethio Afro Tours, and had an amazing experience, all information provided was super fantastic and it was a great authentic experience, Mihiretab the owner is such lovely and nice person, we truly enjoyed learning from him about more than just Ethiopian history and local life’s, The right choice for your day trip to Addis Ababa driver and guide Habtamu was great, they pick us up from our hotel and they take us for breakfast and coffee at Tomoca, how amazing is this one!
- lideyag00The best tour and travel company!Me and my family visited northern Ethiopia for 2 weeks with Ethio Afro Tours and Travel, during our 2 weeks trip we visited , Addis Ababa(new flower), Bahirdar Lake Tana and Blue Nile falls, Gonder, Simien mountain 4 days , Lalibela, and Dankil depression (volcano) it was a wonderful experience, The best tour travel company, they were pretty much professional and they good take care of us even if it seemed very difficult and scary to travel under the COVD 19 but thanks to Ethio Afro Tours everything was wonderful and we all were safe and happy with the company service and the food and the hotel was wonderful I would like to say the owner Mr , Mihiretab (Martin) and his wonderful driver and guide Habtamu, everything was perfect! We are highly recommended this company for your trip to Ethiopia!
- sofilov00Wonderful tour companyWonderful service everything was very well organised, safe and great service even if the COVD19 doesnt allowed us to do more we are still happy with the company service Ethio Afro Tours and the team! Hope we will come back for more trip.
- rayna89002 Weeks Luxury Tours in Ethiopia, Nourth Historic RouteMe and my family decided to visit Ethiopia, we do our research on operators and are picky about our selection for service providers. When planning a custom 2 weeks day tour of the historic northern route of Ethiopia, we reached out to several tour operators, and ended up selecting Ethio Afro Tours due to their prompt response time, flexibility with our requests, easy of transaction. We had a good idea of what we wanted to do and where we wanted to stay, and spent a lot of time corresponding about specific. of the itinerary- Ethio Afro Tours team always responded quickly and accommodated all our requests. the trip itself was fantastic. The vehicle that are used for transportation are Luxury, and able to transport you safely on all Ethiopia roads, which run the gamut from smooth asphalt to death- defying muddy mountain trails. Our driver- and guide they where very professional, courteous, funny, and so attentive to our needs - all Lodges and hotels fantastic, the local food is fantastic. North Ethiopia is beautiful. Trekking Simien mountain National park is breathtaking, Lalibla Spectacular Churches, Gonder castles, Bahirdar Lake Tana, Tigray rock churches and cliffs, many others . Please make sure to spend time outside enjoying one of the prettiest places on earth. There are also thousands of years of history and culture to learn about. It’s one of the oldest civilizations on the planet. So, without hesitation, I recommend Ethio Afro Tours, Mihiretab is responsive, trustworthy, knowledgeable and competent... detail oriented so that your needs are met before you even anticipate them. We plan to return to Ethiopia for the Omo valley tribes and Ethio Afro Tours, Mihiretab will be the first person to contact to begin the planning process. Thank you so much, for Ethio Afro Tours, Team!
- ayLifelive00well organised tour company!I and 6 of my friend travling in ethiopia with Ethio Afro Tours, Team, everything was well organised! we travelled to the northen ethiopia This includes Lalibela, Axum, Simien mountains , Gonder, Bahirdar Lake Tana, and Tigray churches. our driver and guide habtamu met us at the airport and drive us to our hotel Golden Tulip hotel and from the moment we met him provided an excellent thoughtful trip for us all. the trip covers some eceptional ancient sites and churches and the panoramic views of the simien mountain. all the lodge and hotel was perfect more than our expectations. the trip was well organised and Alex the driver and habtamu our guide broought in specialist team where required. we would highly recommend this company Ethio Afro Tours. oh! the food was fantastic and the coffee. Thanks to Mr Mihiretab the owner to organise such unforgettable experience in Ethiopia!
- NanandjS00Wow - what a fabulous, memorable trip!We selected Ethio-Afro tours because Mihretab was so quick to respond and so accommodating with all our requests as well as answering our many questions. He found the perfect guide and perfect driver to accompany us. Whenever there were any problems, he was immediately available and within minutes, took care of it. We have never had a tour director (and we've had many all over the world) be this responsive and easy to work with. Highly recommended!
- dawitn202000Best tour in addis Ababa10 hours layover in Addis Ababa, we decide to visit Addis Ababa and we decide to pick up Ethio Afro Tours to organize our trip. Since we read the other tourist reviews. And we were happy to do our with Mihiretab/ Ethio Afro Tours. They pick us up from the airport and transfer us to the airport after we finish our trip. We experience a Cultural food and traditional dance and we visited the National Museum, Entoto Mountain, Holly Trinity Church, The big Market Merkato and the coffee Shope Tomoca and Food tours. All I can say as that Ethio Afro Tours Guide and driver was probably the best tour company. Very knowledgeable and polite, professional and overall a fun and great Team! We would highly recommend this Local Company to anyone interested to visit Ethiopia! We will definitely come back to Big trip to Ethiopia.