Melka Kuntre, Stone Age site (between 1.5 and 1.8 Million years old), contains many samples of Stone Age tools of the early Homo sapiens. The collections are results of the excavations of the last four decades. The samples are well exhibited in show rooms and there is very good scientific explanation about Stone Age tools in general and the site in particular.
Ages 0-120, max of 15 per group
Duration: 7–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- All Ground transportation
- Entrance fee
- Guiding fee
- 1 liter of mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Tiya World Heritage Site
- Entry/Admission - Adadi Maryam
- Entry/Admission - Melka Kunture
- Any thing not mentioned on inclusion section
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Travelers can choose pickup location
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 226487P8
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 226487P8
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Tiya World Heritage SiteStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedMelka Kuntre, Stone Age site (between 1.5 and 1.8 Million years old), contains many samples of Stone Age tools of the early Homo sapiens. The collections are results of the excavations of the last four decades. The samples are well exhibited in show rooms and there is very good scientific explanation about Stone Age tools in general and the site in particular.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Blac Kite Tour
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Joined in December 2018
#110 of 281 Outdoor Activities in Addis Ababa
- mtshjs00Privat TourThe camping tour in Chebera-Churchura National Park was very well organized. Driver and guids have done a good job.
- Mideksa90200Excursion to Debre Libanos monastry with Black Kite TourAt the bole international airport Black Kite Tour guide Mideksa was waiting for us, and took us to our hotel, after check in we drive to debrelibanos monastery, and it was an amazing experience with butyful landscape.
- Eric L00A nice day out of Addis-AbebaWe spent a day tour with Blac Kite Tour to visit a church, an archeological site and Tiya's stelleas. Everything was organised as we asked, even if we were last minute. They also helped me finding a room and a taxi.
- Ran M00soft landing in Addis and very productive day!today i had an amazing tour with Habtamu! he picked me up from the airport, from there he took me to the hotel, he guided me all day very nicely and with great energy :) we went seeing mount Antoto, also the palace of king Minilik, had a lovely dinner at a restaurant, helped me also with buying local sim card. he was just fantastic. i reeeeeally recommend him as a guide. and not forget that he is super patient teaching me all day some words in Amharic! i also highly recommend to sit with him for a coffee for a class in Amharic. GOOD LUCK 😀
- Barnawi1200Very recommend!We traveled with black kite tour and it was very good. Mekk and Habtamu was with us and we had a great time together! They took us to a few museums, and show us the city. They can tell you a lot about the Ethiopian culture and history, and will take you to wherever you want. רוצה להמליץ בחום על המדריכים האלה!מק והבטמו היו מאוד נחמדים, מדברים טוב אנגלית, וייקחו אתכם לאן שתרצו.
- KirkTraveler12300East AfricaWithout doubt one of my favourite place Bale mountains,Ethiopia Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by Black kite tour and travel , our names were mentioned on the board and we felt welcomed and with such a friendly atmosphere we had a fantastic start! The guide and tour was extremely good, very flexible (appreciate this!) and deserves a special thanks. We had two great weeks there, which obviously also added up to the experience. I truly enjoyed walking the six of us through the area. The scenery was beautiful and it was a relieve to walk in such a quiet and peaceful environment. The atmosphere is so special that it really felt like home to all of us. All respect for tour guides and driver who does a great job there; a true sample of excellent tour guide! Many thanks again!
- Andrew W00ell organised and enjoyable tour around Addis Ababa including a trip to Entoto mountainWe went on a one day guided tour of Addis Ababa including a trip up the Entoto mountain with Blackite Tours in February. The tour guide was Mehbub. He made the trip very enjoyable and he was always considerate to our needs. He tried his best to tailor the tour to our interests. There was an option to walk or take a taxi up the hill to the Entoto Maryam church, situated at 3,200 meters above sea level. We plan to visit Ethiopia again and use the same tour guide. Mehboob and Blackite tours were great! They went above and our expectations!
- NehaV2600My solo trip to Ethiopia ( Addis Ababa and Omo Valley)An amazing place with diverse flora and fauna and a bunch of very warm and welcoming people is Ethiopia in a nutshell for you.Spent a week in this untapped part of Africa and i must say that it has been an experience of a lifetime, especially the trip to the Omo valley to meet the indigenous tribes.All thanks to my guide, Migbaru and his team,for sharing the stories of the land with me and extending immense hospitality. You can reach him at Fantamig1@gmail.com or +251943802658.