Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley
By WALK IN ETHIOPIA TOUR AND TRAVEL
One of Ethiopia’s most dramatic stretches of road begins its serpentine descent to the bottom of the Blue Nile Gorge, 1km below.Blue Nile Gorge, often called Ethiopia’s own Grand Canyon is found 213 K.M north of Addis Ababa. This majestic and enormous gorge is known for its magnificent physical feature and alluring natural beauty. After visiting the gorge, you will drive back to Addis en-route visiting Debre Libanos Monastery. Debre Libanos is an important monastic center for Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity. The monastery was founded by the renowned 13th-century mystic, St Teklehaimanot.followed by The Jemma River is one of the tributaries of the Nile, and there is a drop of nearly 1000 metros to the valley below. We will walk downhill to the 17th century Portuguese Bridge, Here we can expect to see plenty of birdlife & Ethiopia's endemic mammals, the Gelada or bleeding heart baboon. Leaving the Gorge we drive back to Addis Ababa to arrive Addis late in the afternoon.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 11h 20m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Unlimited Bottle of water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional and Local Guide fee
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We Offered pick up to our all our guests any place in Addis Ababa
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 136301P17
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley
What you can expect during your visit
- During the experience we provided all the safety measures.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley?
- Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley price starts from $260.00. Discover and book Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley cancellation policy?
- Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley?
- Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley is hosted by WALK IN ETHIOPIA TOUR AND TRAVEL. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact WALK IN ETHIOPIA TOUR AND TRAVEL on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day Trip To Blue Nile Gorge & Jemma Valley on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 136301P17
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
It would have been impossible to visit such a large and complex city in one day. Walk in Ethiopia Tour and Travel w…
Jam packed, interesting, friendly
I just had a day-long stopover in Addis and wanted to explore the city a little bit. This tour was a really great, …
The Omo Valley Tour for 3 days
The Omo Valley Was a great experience lovely people and beautiful culture we had 3 lovely days and different tribes…
Great time lovely expierence6
We had a great time in the Omo Valley all around Jinka although we have tightened time we visit a lot of tribes lik…
5-night tour of Bahir Dar, Lalibela and Kombolcha by road
5-night driving trip to Bahir Dar for 2 nights, Lalibela for 2 nights then 1 night in Kombolcha then returning back…
AMAZING AUTHENTIC FOOD TOUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Have Don this tour this Sunday our guide MELAKU is brilliant. His knowledge is superb and He also made the tour wi…
Worst tours experience ever !
Dear All, Beware of this travel agency worst experience ever we never get to the site cause the car had no suspe…
Ethiopian Exploration ❤️
I highly recommend this tour! A complete 10/10. My tour guide Melaku was professional and knowledgeable and as a pl…
Spectacular scenery, engaging wildlife and religious dedication with Ethiopian hospitality
Prior attempts to make email contact to confirm pick up location were unsuccessful. Upon arriving at Bole Internati…
A place to vist when you have time in Addis
This is one place you visit to get a good grasp of Ethiopian history. The guides are good and have great knowledge …
Safe and Wow: Addis Ababa Day trip
"Walk in Ethiopia tour company" was the right choice. Professional branded People carrier vehicle with a driver …
A bit dissapointing
Visiting the sites was amazing. My driver, who spoke very little English, was great and did everything possible to …
Full of experience of tourism
When we tour to danakil depretion our experience to guide the tourist was full of commitment and flexibility and a…
Tour through the Ethiopia town center
It was awesome to see the beauty of this country, the historical sites, the seeing the newly built tallest buildin…
Lake, birds, hippos, quiet
If you like birds, you will enjoy this trip. We also saw hippos. Ziway is a very quiet and peaceful place. My host …