The best guides are full of knowledge, they are friendly and charismatic, too, You can meet fascinating fellow travelers, Most cities run a free walking tour, You're supporting an entrepreneur's business, Your tour guide can motivate you to travel more,It will inspire you to explore the destination further,You'll feel a sense of accomplishment,Tours come with ample photo opportunities,You'll have more memories of your trip because of it,you can meet a local, you will learn the history,
Ages 14-90, max of 15 per group
Duration: 15 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Arabic, German, Russian, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Mercato Market
- Entry/Admission - Mount Entoto
- Entry/Admission - Arba Minch
- Entry/Admission - Dorze Village
- Entry/Admission - Hippo watching on Lake Awassa
- Entry/Admission - Bale Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Bale Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Sof Omar Cave
- Entry/Admission - Shashamane
- Entry/Admission - Awash
- Entry/Admission - Harar
- Entry/Admission - Dire Dawa
- Entry/Admission - Mercato Market
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos
- Entry/Admission - Mercato Market
- • Any alcoholic drinks • Tips and any personal expenses • Video camera and photography fees/ filming permit and fee • Porter fees at the airport/ hotel/lodge
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127508P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127508P9
DAY ONE | JULY 15 : Arrive in...
DAY TWO | JULY 16,: After...
DAY THREE | JULY 17, : we will...
DAY FOUR | JULY 18, : In the...
DAY FIVE | JULY 19, 2018: After...
DAY SIX | JULY 20, : After...
DAY SEVEN | JULY 21,: After...
DAY EIGHT | JULY 22,: After...
DAY NINE | JULY 23,: After...
DAY TEN | JULY 24,: After...
DAY ELEVEN | JULY 25, : After...
DAY TWELVE | JULY 26, 2018:...
DAY THIRTEEN | JULY 27,: After...
DAY FOURTEEN | JULY 28, : After...
DAY FIFTEEN | JULY 29,: Day...
About the operator
Ethio USA Tours
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Joined in October 2018
- International193511300Trip to Northern Ethiopia to visit historic cities and cultural sitesMy wife and I so enjoyed our tour of Northern Ethiopia with Ethio USA Tours in February 2019 that we invited two relatives and two very dear friends to accompany us on a return visit of sixteen days in January 2020 with the same agency. We slightly expanded our previous itinerary to include tours and overnights in Addis Ababa, Debre Markos, Bahir Dar, Gonder, Aksum, Mekele, Lalibela, and Desse. We worked closely with Ethio USA Tours to plan the follow-on tour. All aspects of the visit went flawlessly, thanks to our alert, capable driver Haile Mariam and our knowledgeable, helpful, and resourceful guide, Mulugeta Dubale. Our guide not only explained Ethiopian history, culture, and religion clearly and in context, but with enthusiasm and pride. Mulugeta also helped us with thoughtful suggestions to our numerous requests regarding food and drink choices, souvenir purchases, and how to benefit the most from using our free time effectively. Our overnight accommodations outside of Addis Ababa were all satisfactory or better. In Addis Ababa, we stayed in an excellent hotel (Nexus). Northern Ethiopia has high mountains, deep valleys, and fertile plateaus, and an interesting and ancient history and culture. The staff of Ethio USA Tours contributed significantly to helping us understand, appreciate, and enjoy the beauty and diversity of Northern Ethiopia.
- Nate_Traveler00Full Ethiopia TourWe did a tour across several parts of the country, including Addis, Gondar, Lallibella, and Axum and also the Omo Valley in the south. Ethio Tours was extremely organized and made the trip pretty much effortless on our part. The country is a complicated place to traverse and it felt completely necessary and enjoyable to have a guide. Would work with them again. Great company.
- Voyager17148400Return Visit to EthiopiaMy wife and I returned to Ethiopia in February 2019 for a tour after living in Addis Ababa in the 1960s and a short visit in 1994. We chose Ethio USA Tours as our travel agency. It was a smart decision. We wanted a custom tour that was in-depth and flexible. Ethio USA Tours met all of our requests. I suddenly became ill before the trip, so needed to re-schedule the itinerary two times. Ethio USA Tours handled the changes efficiently and with a minimum of cancellation fees. Upon arrival in Ethiopia, we were met by a relative of the owner of Ethio USA Tours, who drove us and served as our guide for the ten-day tour to the historical cities of northern Ethiopia. He proved to be not only an excellent driver and quite knowledgeable about Ethiopia's economy, cultures/religions, history, and politics, but also a delightful travelling companion. We visited and overnighted in Bahir Dar, Gonder, Aksum, Mekele, Lalibela, and Dessie. Each day's drive was long, but our driver/guide responded quickly to our requests for rest stops or to view interesting sites. Our hotels selected by the agency were excellent--clean, comfortable, and welcoming. The on-site guides chosen by our agency were well-informed and good communicators. The food in the hotels was basic, but varied, well prepared, and safe. Whatever minor issues arose were quickly and favorably resolved. We were impressed that we were contacted almost daily from Washington by the owner of Ethio USA Tours to ensure that we were well and were fully satisfied by the services provided by our driver/guide. Toward the end of the tour, we asked the agency to try to locate for us two Ethiopian couples, whom we knew from the 1960s, but had lost contact. It was a difficult search, but in the end, Ethio USA Tours found the two families, and we had two delightful reunions. My wife and I enjoyed our return visit to Ethiopia immensely. Our agency played a key role in making our trip so comfortable and rewarding. Ethio USA Tours assured us from the beginning of our preparations that we would be provided with professional, competent, first-class services. The agency faithfully delivered fully on all its promises. My wife and I highly recommend Ethio USA Tours. John and Anike Buche Washington DC USA
- Wesley D00Walking in the footsteps of his majestyI travelled with Ethio USA Tours in collaboration with a Rastafari TV. They made it possible for me to fulfil my ancestor pilgrimage. From the start, I received a personal service (second to none) and was treated with care and respect by all involved in the planning and execution of the tour. I would recommend Ethio USA Tours as a potential travel choice.
- Bunnatourist00Ethiopia thru Abera - My first introduction to a small part of Africa! An amazing and ancient culture like no other!Ethiopia thru Abera and ETHIO USA TOURS - My first introduction to a small part of Africa! A mesmerizing and ancient culture like no other!! "On the way to see an American friend doing social work in Somaliland, I decided to see Ethiopia as my first African stop. Boy, was I in for an amazing adventure full of many great and positive surprises? From delightfully different Ethiopian Cuisine (to include Bunna - the local coffee) to rich customs, tribes, forts, and churches —old and new! People have been the best experience there and a gem of a man Abera thru whom I experienced all things Ethiopian. Not only have I met a fantastic human being but equally fantastic tour operator that I remained friends with and made repeated visits to his country as recently as a few years ago. " I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the company.
- fonddelocean00An amazing trip to be forever remembered!I have lived and traveled around the world; some trips you forget about and some trips just stick to you because they change your life. Travelling through Southern Ethiopia with Abera was such a trip, it was just exceptional! I was travelling with my (very) often grumpy mature parents even though sceneries and sensory experiences were just more beautiful and stunning one than the other. Thank goodness, Abera was one of the most composed, competent, knowledgeable, interesting and kind guides I have ever met ! We drove over 2000 Kms in 10 days on remote and on mud roads to reach tribes in the Omo Valley, discovering delicious local dishes and that strange spongy grey bread that accompanies every meal along the way. An unforgettable road trip? Yes, for sure and one I would love to do again as soon as possible! Thanks Abera, wish you all the best! 🙏
- M3639FWandreab00Choose Excellent Customer Service at Ethio USA ToursI already had my ticket to Addis Ababa from Washington DC but I was having a difficult time planning my trip to Asmara, Eritrea and Lalibela, the famous city with the medieval churches carved out of rock. I was running out of time and did not know what to do. Then a friend put me in touch with Ethio USA Tours. Abera, the owner came up with a brilliant idea. He suggested I visit Lalibela for two days, return to Addis the morning of November 17, wait at the airport a few hours then fly to Asmara that same afternoon. He arranged the flights and also gave me great ideas about what to do in Asmara. Everything worked out perfectly! Thank you so much Abera-- it would not have happened without you. Andrea Barron
- hapeetnl00Exelent Etiopia tour!Made a tour with mr Abera - Ethio USA Tours some years ago through the south of Ethiopia. Me and my friends all experienced him as a very passionated en responsible tourguide. Wish him al the best with his company, and recommend him highly!
- Go3709132595500A Hidden GemI met with Ethio USA Tours during ATIGS 2018, the gentleman I spoke with was so passionate about traveling that 5 minutes into talking I had to ask where he was talking about. I was shocked to hear that the country he described was Ethiopia. I can honestly say I had never considered going to this part of Africa before. I had to ask why was he so passionate he let me know he was from there and had lead tourism there for over 20 years before coming to the United States. Now he wants to help share what Ethiopia has to offer. The tour he set up was to see the holy sites of Lalible and Axum in the North and to see the tribal culture of the South of Ethiopia. He handled everything from the plane to accommodations. I have to say I felt safe the whole time, we chose to have a tour guide with us the helping us see the culture up close. This is a trip that is almost indescribable, because of how much we experienced in two weeks. The food was amazing (remember to eat with your right hand and bring coffee home with you it is life changing), the sights are not done justice even with pictures. I can not wait to go back for Easter 2020.