per group (up to 6)
per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private comfortable Toyota Minivan or Corolla equipped with air conditioning and seat belts
- Local family visiting and attending a coffee ceremony fee
- Professional experienced English speaking tour guide
- Bottled water and local snacks in the van
- Air port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ziway
- Admission (entrance) fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- And, any expense which is not mentioned in the "Included" list above
- Entry/Admission - Tiya World Heritage Site
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Addis Ababa Bole International Hotel, and any hotel/lodge in Addis Ababa
- Bole Airport, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10131P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- As June, July and August are the rainy season, dress accordingly and get umbrellas.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya
What you can expect during your visit
- All tour guides and drivers providing this tour are vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya on Tripadvisor
- How much is Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya?
- Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya price starts from $256.42. Discover and book Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya on Tripadvisor
- What is the Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya cancellation policy?
- Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya?
- Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya is hosted by Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Merit Ethiopian Experience Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Explore the Ethiopian Rift Valley Lakes and the UNESCO Site of Steles of Tiya on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10131P2
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Tiya World Heritage SiteStop: 45 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Lake ZiwayStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3ButajiraStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4BishoftuStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
It was very well planned and our guide Biruk was very helpful and knowledgeable. We had a lovely day.
A Wonderful, Memorable Day
I would highly recommend this day trip from Addis Ababa, which has given us many meaningful memories from start to …
Fantastic Day In Addis Ababa
Our full day tour of Addis Ababa was extraordinary. We were met by our friendly and knowledgeable tour guide Biruk …
Fantastic experience in Addis!
We spent an awesome day in Addis with Muluken! Me and my family think that it was the perfect way to visit Addis. M…
Well informed, flexible and passionate guide
On my way to Zanzibar I had just one day in Addis. I found the company via the www, Moluken, the owner, responded i…
The tour was buetifull we went out with Biruk, he really did his best during the tour, we felt very welcome during …
Woww. The entire trip was amazing. From the airport pickup to the drop off. Both Biruk & Amush were super nice, ver…
An Unforgettable City
Our guide, Burika, shared his love and passion for the city of Addis Ababa with us! He read our particular travel p…
Biruk Addis Abeba
Perfekt day with perfekt guide Biruk and driver😊 Biruk took exellent care of our family. He pointed out every attr…
Good day trip from Addis Ababa
Nicely tailored day trip. Muluken my tour organizer and guide was amazing. I just told him my preference and he cre…
Great city tour with Muluken
Good tour of the city. Muluken was my guide. He is simply amazing. Thanks to Muluken, I was able to explore the cit…
A fantastic day in Ethiopia
Simply the best experience, we had an amazing day. Driving country roads, meeting a farming family and being taken …
Great Tour with Getahun and Jemal
An excellent tour of the city with our guide GETAHUN DEREJE and our driver JEMAL AREBO. Picked up from the airport…
A day in Addis Abba
Check out Ethiopian Airlines. They provide amazing stopovers in Addis Abba which will wet your appetite to see more…
JD Destinations & Travel Claboration
As a travel agency we often search for collaboration with tour companies and other services in various countries. W…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
What an excellent day tour! Headed off early then stopped for breakfast. Visited UNESCO steles site with informative guide. Had home brewed drinks with locals. Visited a traditional African residence then headed for lake Ziway, which was spectacular! Had lunch of fish from the lake, then went out on the lake with another local guide for a bout an hour. Saw hippos and lots of different birds. Headed back after that but stopped on the way for a beer in the sun. The tour guide Kede and driver Belay were great. Couldn't have asked for better! Highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a day trip from Addis. Great job guys!
Written April 20, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Dear David, Thank you very much for booking the Day Tour from Addis Ababa to Rift Valley and UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE OF TIYA with MERIT ETHIOPIAN EXPERIENCE TOURS!! It is an honour to know Kede and Belay added such a value on your private guided day tour! Thank you also for taking time to rate and review your experience with us in detail! We are always pleased to make your tour in Ethiopia a success. Contact us anytime when a need for our service arises. Thanks again David and best regards, Muluken Girma
Written April 21, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.