Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit)
By Heritage Adventures
Looking to take a private guided day trip beyond Gaborone, come and see what a small beautiful village on the outskirts of the city has to offer. We drive down a tarred open road to Manyana, a village rich in history and culture, where you get to see the only rock paintings available south of Botswana. In great company let's go see some 2000 year old 'Bushmen' rock paintings, as well as a hill which was used during the first defense of Botswana's territory. See the cave that housed a Queen...The village was also home to Dr. David Livingstone before his explorations into central Africa, we get to visit the infamous David Livingstone tree located in the heart of the village (on donkey cart if available, should you request it. We request a small token of appreciation for the old man to be given directly by you) and meet other locals along the way. SEE THE BOTSWANA THAT OTHERS DON'T...
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 3–4 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Manyana Rock Paintings
- Donkecart ride which is an optional extra ($10)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick you up from any lodging facility or home in and around Gaborone
- Sir Seretse Khama Intl Airport, Gaborone Botswana
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 121868P2
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit)?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) on Tripadvisor
- How much is Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit)?
- Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) price starts from $160.00. Discover and book Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) cancellation policy?
- Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit)?
- Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) is hosted by Heritage Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Heritage Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day Tours from Gaborone (Manyana Village Visit) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 121868P2
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Manyana Rock PaintingsStop: 3 hours - Admission includedManyana rock paintings - the most visited rock painting site in the Gaborone area, the paintings are spread over five separate areas of rock cliff face. Images include giraffe, antelope, human figures and geometric designs, all of which date from between 1100 and 1700AD. They were in all likelihood made by Khoe (click-speaking) herders.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
It was pleasantly nice to trace some part of the famous Mma Ramotswe investigative stories! The tour was a blend of…
I really enjoyed myself. Otto's was amazing she went above and beyond to ensure I had a wonderful time. I highly re…
A nice tour in a very friendly city
Our guide, Andy, was very friendly and knowledgeable about Botswana history. We were able to see the house on Zebr…
Excellent experience Otto shared great information&insight that only a resident can. Don’t pass on it
Interesting and fun.
Andy was a great guide. This is a nice little tour to give some background to Botswana history and culture plus the…
Well informed and great conversation. Thank you for taking the time to share your country's history.
Favorite tour ever
Otto was wonderful helping us plan our tour and Andy was an excellent guide. The day we spent seeing Gabarone, the …
Great tour of the city with the sites and information from the books
Really enjoyed my time with my guide. He gave me a wonderful tour of the city, including interesting historical fac…
Weekend in Gaborone
Heritage Adventures did excellent job preparing amassing two days site visits. Planning was perfect. It seems they …
Exceptional guided tour of Gaborone and surrounding area
Heritage Adventures met my expectations and beyond with a carefully constructed guided tour of Gaborone and some of…
Excellent tailor-made tour of the 'Real Botswana'
Andy and Otto are very friendly, knowledgeable and keen to show people their wonderful country's history and cultur…