Cycle to the new comfort zone at your own peace “The hidden gem” The hilly terrain makes it a challenging ride as you pass the Kilema, Marangu and Mwika villages but then you finish off with a relaxing downhill ride to the beautiful Lake Challa on the edge of the border Tanzania-Kenya and Overnight at the campsite Path: Off road & paved road Highlights: Amazing scenery, Cycling on the slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro, Canoe and swimming, Hiking, Chagaa ancient caves & museum, waterfall
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- All 3 meals (Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner) Snacks and fruits
- Complimentary +4 litres of mineral water (per biker)
- Mountain bikes & Helmets
- Accommodation before and after the trip
- Camping gears like Quality Tents, mattress , Chairs and Tables
- Support vehicle (Backup vehicle)
- Tour guide(s) ,Bike Mechanic , Driver and Cook
- Village fees, Camping fees, WMA fees , Cycling fees and All entry fees
- Compulsory tips for Guide, Bike mechanic, Driver and Cook
- Sleeping bag, (You can rent if you don’t have when you arrive in Moshi)
- Items of a personal nature
- Health requirements
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance
- Personal medicine
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Picking up the guests 1 hour before departure just for the short briefing, if the client will be more out of town transport can be arranged
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 151331P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour?
- Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour price starts from $554.67. Discover and book Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour cancellation policy?
- Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour?
- Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour is hosted by Oclaa Adventures Tanzania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Oclaa Adventures Tanzania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 151331P5
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Lake ChalaStop: 5 hoursSee details
- 2MaranguStop: 4 hoursSee details
- 3MoshiStop: 5 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Oclaa Adventures Tanzania
Joined in December 2017
#80 of 856 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
- W3062MWdavidb00Top bike rentalOctavian delivered two well maintained mountain bikes to our AirBnB in Moshi, together with pump, spare tube, puncture repair kit and multitool. He came back to collect them in the evening after we had had a fantastic day getting very tired, riding up Kili and braving the traffic in Moshi Urban. Brilliant service, thank you!
- L3526IPevag00Amazing ExperienceWe went on a 10 km ride through Rice fields, a beautiful forest and ended with a little lunch in the middle of a Great sugarcane plantation. Our guides Roger and Emanuel Organized all very well , answered Every question and have a Great knowledge about the nature and people Living there. It was a really Great experience - asante sana! :-)
- 817arneb00Bike ride to the Materuni WaterfallsWe had an amazing day together with our guide Roger. We biked to the Materuni Waterfalls. The ride is really beautiful and it felt good to do an active activity. Roger told us many interesting things on the way to the waterfalls. We also enjoyed the coffee tour and the delicious lunch we got. Roger made sure enjoyed the tour. We're happy to have chosen this activity and this agency!
- Mobile1076389720000Amazing experience!We had a bicycle ride at Raw Forrest and hiking at Kilimanjaro! We also visited a Chaga village and made dinner along with Oclaa adventures family which was a night to remember!The experience was amazing and all Oclaa guys were also amazing! It was our first time in Tanzania but we are planning to come back again! Oclaa adventures we will meet again! Thank you!
- Jason S00Cycle to ChemkaI booked a last minute cycling trip to the Chemka hot springs after my Kilimanjaro trek and team were brilliant. I was picked up on time from my hotel and met my guide George to pick up the bikes. I had a choice of great quality bikes to choose from which were perfect for the job. After setting off George was friendly, chatty and very knowledgeable about the culture of the area, the history and the landscape. The few hours we were cycling to get to the springs passed by in a flash! The springs themselves were charming and I had a great couple of hours relaxing and letting the aches of the mountain slip away! The bbq lunch was a lovely touch afterwards. The terrain on the way out was a little rough so George set us on a smoother route back and again was full of knowledge about the route. I was flagging on the way back so had to stop a couple of times which again George was more than happy to accommodate. Once we’d finished the cycle I was dropped promptly back to my hotel for a much needed rest! Overall it was a fab experience and the team were brilliant - would thoroughly recommend.
- ginatP9316UW00Macarunee Waterfall mountain bikeRoger was my guide. We road to the hotel I was staying to the waterfall. We have both uphill going in and fun downhill coming back. The food was delicious. It was an exceptional experience to see the local and learn about the coffee
- Paul W004 day custom trip for one personI spent four days with George and Octavian riding from Moshi to West Kili, West Kili to Arusha, Arusha to Makuyuni then from Lake Manyara to Tarangire Park. It was my seventh time to Tanzania, but my first trip with Oclaa. It was definitely one of the best experiences I've had in Africa and I plan to return in 2024 and ride with them in Eastern Tanzania.
- Jesicaty00Amazing day in Moshi with bicycle!!I with friends we cycle through the sugarcane and rice plantations, the route was really amazing as we passed through the different villages all the way down to the fields. We managed to do 25km both of us as our organizer recommend it by our fitness. Our guide was nice and helpful, he fixed some of bicycle flats within a minute. Highly recommend this company and this tour.
- sujar202300Moshi CycleWe contacted Oclaa Adventures via WhatsApp to rent 4 bikes that same day for an afternoon to cycle around Moshi. Octavius was so accomodating and thought of everything, providing us with bikes, helmets, a repair kit and tyre pump. We were provided with directions for a scenic route through coffee plantations that was easy to follow using an app he recommended. After our cycle he collected the bikes from the place we were staying so we didn't have to go out of our way to return them.
- _K7897BV00A bicycle filled experienceOctavian was very accomodating! He was very attenfive and organized regarding our needs and activity styles. The bike tour was full of diverse images and amazing sceneries. We also had the chance to meet local people and spend time with them. Lastly it was our pleasure to taste the local delicious treats at a bike themed restaurant. Definitely recommended!
- petroula86100amazing sceneryThe trip was very well organized . Our guide was very friendly and we had a lot of fun . The path is very easy and the scenery is amazing. I highly recommend this activity.
- erikdN5550AF00Mountain biking among the wild animals in TanzaniaWe started our Safari holiday with a 2-day Mountain bike trip in the north of Tanzania. It was a fantastic experience and a nice active start to the holiday. Octavian and his team (cook, attendant and photographer) gave us a great start to our holiday. What could be better than cycling through the Tanzanian landscape on your mountain bike among giraffes, zebras, elephants and gazelles. In the afternoon we were treated to a delicious lunch (lots of local fruit) and in the evening we were served a delicious hot meal prepared by the cook. We slept at night in a tent among the animals. Thank you for taking good care of us! Highly recommended.
- 625arminp00A wunderful day in National Parc Lake Manyara / TanzaniaA wonderful trip through National Parc Lake Manyara with Octavian. First we only could see different apes, but in the afternoon, we could watch Zebras, Giraffes, Elephants, Buffaloes and many others. And Octavian was a very friendly and competent guide.
- ThommTraveller00Hotspring Bike ExperienceI went on a bike trip with Oclaa Adventures, after my Kilimanjaro climb. The arrangements were professionally executed. The bike was nice and easy to use. Octavian, the owner made sure every single detail went as we planned. I had George as my guide, he was really experienced, informative, friendly and funny all the time. The lunch at the Hotspring was awesome, for really I had a really great experience overall. Highly recommended!!
- 705reuvenh00Highly recommendedIt was a pleasure to spend a few days with Octavian. He was the most professional and nicest guy that guided us in Moshi. Octavian under promises and over delivers. He is genuine and trustworthy and, most importantly, a kind person. We especially enjoyed a trip to Materuni, a Chaga village and a beautiful waterfall on the southern slopes of the Kilimanjaro. When I return to Tanzania, Octavian will be the first one I will contact.
Buy it with
Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour provided by Oclaa Adventures Tanzania
Product Overview: Cycle to Lake Challa + Cultural Tour
Number of Photos