6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route
By Mfalme Adventures
Very similar to Lemosho route, however it starts at 3,600 meters and is therefore not ideal for trekkers who have little or no experience of high altitude trekking. On the first day you begin at Shira Gate to Simba Camp before joining the Lemosho Route on day two at Shira Camp 2. The high starting point is however a major negative for this route as many experience altitude sickness from day one without enough time to acclimatize. The route over the Shira Plateau has several possible variations.After Shira Camp 2 the route joins the Machame Route via Lava Tower, and then descends to the Barranco Camp via the Southern Circuit. Ascent to Uhuru Peak is made via Barafu Camp and up the southern slopes of Kibo. The route is seldom used by other trekkers and so your initial two days on the mountain are less crowded than on most other routes.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 14-70, max of 15 per group
Duration: 6 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- All National Park & Hut Fees, Crew Permits and VAT
- Portable Private Toilet and Porter
- Drinking water and Full Board meals
- Fair and Sustainable Salary Crew Wages
- Pre and Post accommodations (2 nights Bed and Breakfast)
- Complimentary Oxygen Cylinder
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Proper Ration of Mountain crew (Cook & Porters)
- Quality Imported Equipments
- Airport Transfers
- Gate Transfers
- Professional, English-speaking Wilderness First Responder & CPR certified Guide
- Additional lodge nights if early decent from the mountain $150 per room
- Energy food & beverages, alcoholic and soft drinks
- Gamow Bag
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Personal hire gear such as trekking poles, sleeping bags, etc.
- Travel or Medical Insurance is required and you should ask for Recommendation
- Tips for porters and mountain crew (20% Industry Standard Recommended)
- Visa fees
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Upon arrival to Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met and transferred for overnight accommodation at Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel 4 stars B&B. Your head guide will meet you for your briefing, gear check and arrange for you to hire any equipment you may need.
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192570P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route?
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route price starts from $2,564.11. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route on Tripadvisor
- What is the 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route cancellation policy?
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route?
- 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route is hosted by Mfalme Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mfalme Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 6 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 192570P6
DRIVE TO KILIMANJARO NATIONAL...
HIKE SHIRA 2 CAMP TO LAVA TOWER...
HIKE BARRANCO CAMP TO KARANGA CAMP
HIKE KARANGA CAMP TO BARAFU CAMP
HIKE BARAFU CAMP TO SUMMIT, DOWN...
HIKE MWEKA CAMP TO MWEKA GATE,...
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Four days of fabulous day trips from Arusha National Parks with Mfalme Adventures
Four days of a fabulous day trip from Arusha National Parks with Mfalme Adventures to be sure that we saw as much a…
Reached Kilimanjaro Summit! (Lemosho Route)
I had the pleasure of climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro with Emanuel Asseno and team this past summer via the Lemosho Route.…
Climbing to the Summit of the Kilimanjaro
The experience with Emanuel Asseno was exceptional. He is a very responsible and professional guide and an amazing …
Great service and awesome time!
Went hiking up Kilimanjaro with Asseno and the team. The guides were skilled and really helpful, all the staff were…
Great experience and fabulous team to be with done Kilimanjaro summit with in 7 hrs great support staff. Thanks a l…
Your camera is the best weapon . thanks still to my brother Asseno that i bothered now and again to be my cameraman.
My day was a day to the mountain . from the hotel to the Kilimanjaro i had learn a lot about the people around the …
kilimanjaro 7 days trekking
Emmanuel Asseno was very experienced and professional. Without him I wouldn't have done it. It was a wonderful ex…
Kilimanjaro 6-Day Trek
My friends and I completed a 6-day trek up Kilimanjaro with Emanuel and his team. The experience was amazing!! From…