5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR
By Afro Experience.
The Selous Game Reserve, with an area of about 55,000 sq. km, is the largest well-watered wildlife sanctuary in Africa, and one of the largest protected areas in the world. Its size is simply stunning, bigger than Switzerland, uninhabited and little touched by human interference. It is perhaps the most pristine wilderness still remaining in Africa, with a wide variety of wildlife habitats, including open grasslands, Acacia and miombo woodlands, swamps and riverine forests in the many tributaries of the mighty Rufiji River which flows through the reserve. Due to its unique ecological importance, it was designated a World Heritage Site by the United Nations in 1982. Its wildlife is spectacular, with some of its mammal and reptile populations the largest in Africa, namely buffaloes, elephants, hippos, wild dogs and crocodiles.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 5 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- • Professional Tanzanian Guide
- Boat safari in Selous
- Return boat rides from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar
- All inland transfers
- Excursion in Zanzibar
- 1 night accommodation in Dar es Salaam
- Outfitted Land Rovers with roof hatches, fridge, charging sockets, air conditioning ,Bluetooth radio
- One bottle of mineral water per day
- Daily safari briefing
- Entry/Admission - Stone Town
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- All personal items
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up all the travellers from Daressalaam international Airport to the hotel all of these are included in the package.
- Dar Es Salaam Intl Airport, Dar es Salaam Tanzania
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 195348P11
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR on Tripadvisor
- How much is 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR?
- 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR price starts from $2,000.00. Discover and book 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR on Tripadvisor
- What is the 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR cancellation policy?
- 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR?
- 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR is hosted by Afro Experience.. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Afro Experience. on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 5 Days Safari – SELOUS & ZANZIBAR on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 195348P11
Reserve your spot
DAY 1: ARRIVAL DAY
DAY 2: DAR ES SALAAM– SELOUS...
DAY 3: FULL DAY GAME DRIVE
DAY 4: SELOUS GAME RESERVE – DAR...
DAY 5: ZANZIBAR TOUR
About the operator
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Joined in September 2019
#312 of 868 Outdoor Activities in Zanzibar Island
- Fatema R00Excellent tour company for ZanzibarAfrica experience was always prompt They customised our trip as we liked, they are very flexible They gave us the best service. Daudi is good and quick in organising excursions. They take safety as a big priority. Would recommend to anyone looking to have a great time in Zanzibar!
- kalandodiana00Best tripI had great time there, I really enjoyed my trip and thanks for the service.. I would like to visit some other time.
- Winanipepe00Amazing experienceSpice tour was amazing. I really had a great experience in Zanzbar with my sister. I’d recommend spice tour for anyone visiting Zanzbar
- helloitsmissann00Friends get awayDefinitely enjoyed my time around with the most amazing group of people. Would recommend this to anyone.
- paulinegabwao00Totally Worth ItVery informative guide and amazing staff at the farm. For me as a person who enjoys cooking, I learnt a lot about the spices: Saw the real spice trees and plants and learned that what spices can do if humans are suffering from a pain. I also enjoyed the meal cooked after the tour: Yummy dishes with rich spices. At the end of the tour, a crowns were made to us from plants and decorated by flowers. Before you leave the market, you can buy the spices and some perfumes made of spices. It was a long way from where we were staying, but totally worth it. DON'T MISS THE GUY CLIMBING THE PALM TREE - climbing, singing, and dancing right after he collected the coconuts. Thanks Zanzibar for this wonderful place
- paulinegabwao00Excellent experience - highly recommendedWe thoroughly enjoyed our Stone Town walking tour with the guide we recommend africa experience tours company. The guide met us right on time at our hotel and starting at the Old Fort gave us a wonderful tour that included the waterfront, history of the town, a visit to the vibrant open air market and the sobering history about slavery in this part of the world. Along the way we also had the pleasure of getting to know James the guide, his life in Zanzibar and his aspirations. He’s a sharp man with a plan and we guarantee that you will enjoy and appreciate your time with him in Stone Town.
- happinessjohnson00Family tripWe enjoyed our tour here exploring the forest. Such a beautiful place and very kind guides. Hoping to visit some time this year too.
- happinessjohnson1400Family timeExcellent hospitality. We truly enjoyed our time here. Looking forward for another ocean safari this year. Thank you!
- Maia-letizia00Zanzibar 2019 strathaven academyIt was a really fun and interesting trip and I really enjoyed seeing the different culture. It was a very eyeopening experience and I would definitely do a trip like it again.
- Ailidh_0200African adventure Zanzibar tripI visited with my school and the African aventures team were amazing !!! When volunteering at the school and when going anywhere they were so helpful and caring , we felt safe And comfortable at all times. David and Samwel were with us every day and were so friendly and made the trip fantastic , it was like being with friends. It was good to have people with local knowledge of the island and who good speak the language
- jennnstrachan12300best experience of my life!!Can’t explain how much I loved my visit to Zanzibar and how much I miss it! The tour guides David and Samwel really made the trip x10 better and it would not have been the same without them. Any questions or queries they would answer or do their best to find out. The trip as a whole was just amazing and very eye opening. Would highly recommend!!
- Winanipepe00Great experience!Everything was well organized, the service was great and they were friendly too. I’d definitely book with them again