Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip
By Dove Adventure Tanzania
Mikumi National Park itself is nestled between Uluguru Mountain to the northeast, Udzungwa Mountains and the Rift Valley escarpment to the south west as part of Selous ecosystem, it benefits from the highest game density of the entire conservation area. A day trip to Mikumi will keep you out of Dar civilization and very close Wildlife such as; the Lion, Buffalo, Elephants, Impala, Leopard and many more wildlife found in Mikumi.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-60, max of 100 per group
Start time: Check availability
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Mikumi National Park
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Our driver guide will hold a sign board written travelers names in it.
- Terminal II, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Our driver guide will hold a sign board written travelers names in it.
- Zanzibar Ferry
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 149239P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip?
- Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip price starts from $328.21. Discover and book Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip on Tripadvisor
- What is the Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip cancellation policy?
- Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip?
- Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip is hosted by Dove Adventure Tanzania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Dove Adventure Tanzania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Limited time to Mikumi National Park - Day trip on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 149239P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atTerminal IIOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mikumi National ParkStop: 8 hours - Admission includedThe park is nestled between Uluguru Mountain to the northeast, Udzungwa Mountains and the Rift Valley escarpment to the south west as part of Selous ecosystem, it benefits from the highest game density of the entire conservation area. This lies west of Dar es Salaam City and 107km from the nearest town named Morogoro on the highway from Dar es Salaam to Zambia, covering an area of 3230km sq. On arrival to the park enjoy afternoon game drives in Mikumi ‘till sunset, there is a high possibilities of getting close to the Lion, Buffalo, Elephants, Impala and many more wildlife found in the area.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Dove Adventure Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Joined in May 2019
#1 of 103 Transportation in Dar es Salaam
- Coastal22997200Tanzania: A Quick Introduction To A Great Country.Of the many interesting things to see and do on this tour, I most enjoyed the Village Museum which brings together, in one place, examples of the diverse housing styles and living arrangement of the Tanzanian people. The visitor is able to learn so much about the county while enjoying a casual stroll around the grounds. An unexpected treat was a lively music and dance performance which we share with a large group of public school children. It was a lot of fun! Also, hats off to our guide and driver. They were patient, flexible, knowledgeable and kind. I could not ask for a better experience. Thanks Anna and Michael.
- klausfh00Exciting guided tour to prison island and Stone Town on Zanzibar.Today I participated in a wonderfull guided tour from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar, where I made an excursion by boat to the prison island and afterwards I made a city tour through Stone Town. 1000 thanks to Annastacia Gati Muniko and to the whole Dove Adventure team for the really perfect tour organisation and to my fantastic Stone Town guide Martin Mgodas for the outstanding company and for the really high quality information about the exciting history and the very rich cultural background of this beautiful place. I can warmly recommend Dove Adventure, Annastacia and Martin for all who are interested in discovering Zanzibar and Stone Town.
- klausfh00Highly recommendable Dar es Salaam city tourVery nice and interesting city tour. Highly recommended for all other Dar es Salaam visitors who, like me, arrive for the first time in their live in this beautiful city and have only 1 day free time for getting familiarized with this it. Our tour guide Ana attended us extremely friendly and gave us plenty of valuable inputs and information upon all kinds of subjects like history, culture, geography and many others more. It was a very pleasant and entertaining activity which enriched a lot my knowledge about Dar es Salaam and Tanzania in general.
- R5661LAclaudiaa00Dar Es Salaam city tourOur guide Mike was so nice and explain any detail about the city, the price is a bit high for the planned activities but it was still a good few hours in dar es salaam with round trip to the airport included, perfect for our transit hours.
- HamisiTours T00Dar es salaam city tourDar es salaam Tanzania it is very amazing city tour and historical society and build,and business development city Tz.
- Mushu_Janny00Fantastic wildlife - a must do if limited on time & budgetDecided to go with Dove because cabin crew on Emirates Airlines recommended them. Contacted them via the web site then WhatsApp to finalise details. No question was too hard. Driver & Guide - Michael - picked us up at 0545 am in a Toyota Safari truck - it had a fridge between back seats for drinks / snacks The trip was long - dusty at times - 7 hours - yet fascinating passing each town/ village, Masai tending their cattle and goats - women getting water from the village water wells - shops - kids - a Kaleidoscope of Tanzania. The Safari began as we “entered” by a sign heralding the Mikumi park From there to the actual Park entrance some twenty minutes later we saw giraffes, elephants, zebras. Upon arrival after 7 hours driving -Michael was very safe - never took any chances or reckless overtaking - we stopped at garage with fresh baked goods - coffee and immaculately clean bathrooms. On the way back we stopped at amazing arts shop - again with immaculately clean toilets with the women proudly cleaning them. I always tipped the staff cleaning them. We entered the park through a gate (after Michael submitted paper work) and went to an accommodation/ cafe area and ate a hot lunch- choices of meat chicken etc Then we headed into the safari- safaris are a gentle meandering with the guide seeking to show us birds - big game wildlife and answering all the questions. The vehicle was not open style seating but large windows and the top popped up so you could stand and view the wildlife with no-one in front. As it was only us in the vehicle there was a great atmosphere. We saw elephants - families with several babies, lions, giraffes, zebras - many beautiful birds. Michael was very knowledgeable. At sunset we headed to the accomodation about 15 minutes from the park. The road in - Bastion road was a little disconcerting- but arrived at Camp Bastion - checked in. Dinner was from 7 pm Wifi only in the restaurant and they remove the modem at night so limited very slow wifi. Restaurant is gorgeous at night- candles on every table - fairy lights- and the buffet is vegetarian and one meat dish. A small bar caters to basic red/white wines- spirits- soda etc. There are ‘concrete” seating areas - but the one by the bar has charcoal fire lite every night. The pool is lovely but not enough seating - especially if one party joins seats/ lounges into one set. Our cottage was obe big room with two double beds and one sofa bed. Bathroom with toilet/ shower. Small fridge in the room. No cups or water provided - we bought supplies as we anticipated that. One small lamp. Curtains did not cover windows so felt not so private. Windows has mesh for airflow and one ceiling fan. Its basic / functional and the grass tall ceilings gave it some atmosphere. Security staff scattered around the compound - staff spray the room for mosquitoes when you are at dinner. Mosquitoes are very bad at dawn and dusk- we used mosquitoes coils and they were still really bad. The power remained on overnight amidst intermittent power cuts. Up early - Breakfast opens at 0600am- Fruit - tea/ coffee/ juice / toast- Pancakes & eggs Small crafts shop and tips box. Picked up a packed lunch and headed off. Lunch was cheese/ tomato sandwich- bananas- fried vege pasty thing - fried chicken and water. Stunning day on safari Again elephants - lions - zebra- giraffes - warthog’s - python- hippos - impala …. Just beautiful and amazing. And even saw the solitary shy Elan. Mikumi National Game Park has designated roads that must be adhered to. So its very different to our experiences at Selous at Beho Beho (a lifetime “must do” luxury exclusive safari). So in Mikumi wildlife had to always be viewed from the road or designated watering holes. The waterholes ensured animals could be seen up close and some amazing wildlife. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience- Michael was both excellent guide and driver. The trip back to Dar es Salaam was 8 hours. Highly recommend DOVE - nothing was too much trouble.
- Maps6505154889900Absolutely amazing! An experience I will never forget!Thank you very much to Michael who made me discover the city of Darra Salaam and its culture as well as to Annastancia who helped me plan everything.
- joemU991UX00Excellent day tour serviceContact Dove Adventure on WhatsApp and book your day tour directly with them. It’s cheaper and it supports them directly instead of going thru the online agents. The guide picked me up at my hotel and dropped me back after the tour. The price includes museum entry fee and a bottle water. The guide drops you off at a restaurant for lunch and pick you up again after which you pay for yourself. I recommend the Slipway restaurant for lunch. The tour is a full day 9.00 to 5.00pm. Great sights and locations. You can also request to see the sights you want to see and you tell the guide. So make a list of sights you want to see and give it to your guide. The tour is all in English. The tour is worth the money. They do Airport transfers as well, so you feel safe at all times with Dove Adventure. A tip for the guide is always a wonderful way to end the tour. I enjoyed the tour so much, I would book my other tours and activities with Dove Adventure. For me safety was my biggest concern and going with Dove made it worthwhile.
- T3641JNclaireb00The perfect city tourA fantastic tour, Ana, although 32 weeks pregnant, was an exemplar guide, fun and highly communicative. Her knowledge of DAR and its people is well rounded to give each visitor the necessary information to understand the local culture and history. I had expectations but she simply surpassed them. I highly recommend Dove Adventure Tanzania, a terrific team of professionals with great customer skills.
- AngelRobinLincoln00Customized based on InterestThis tour was exactly what we had hoped for! I can not say enough good things about this experience, but I will name a few. Anna customized our experience based on our interests which we loved. She helped us from the time we arrived in the airport until we left Dar es Salaam! Our flight was delayed and she waited patiently for us to arrive. She was holding a sign with our name on it so our arrival went smoothly. She also stayed in contact with us through WhatsApp the entire length of our stay, making sure we had everything we needed. She arranged transportation for us a few days after the tour which also was on time. The best part !! I am a collector of African masks. Anna took us to the perfect spot for buying these goods. She arranged shipment of these goods for me so I could travel to my next destination without carrying these items with me. If you are looking for a city tour based on exactly what you want, look no further. Traveling far from home can be overwhelming, Dove Adventures/Anna took that worry from me from the time I landed until the time I flew away. Thank you for a most unforgettable adventure Angel and Robin
- mariafergomez9800Best experience in Dar!This tour was absolutely amazing! Annie and Chris are the best guides of Dar. They are extremely kind and caring, and this tour literally shows you every cultural aspect there is to see in Dar. All the museums you visit are amazing, you learn a lot, and duration is just right because you have enough time for everything. Annie took me to a very nice restaurant where I had one of the best fish I've ever eaten, and also she helped me find some souvenirs I wanted (with the best prices in Dar!!!) This tour is the best thing you can do if you want to learn about Tanzanian history and discover Dar in a day!
- pannfam00Great historical site visit with Dove AdventuresWe had a phenomenal day at Bagamoyo thanks to Sadiq who gave us an in-depth explanation of the history of the place. Sadly most of it was dark history. Bagamoyo with Sadiq Should be on every visitors trip to Dar. Thank you Dove Adventures for the day tour, the whole experience was significantly beyond my expectations.
- rmdeguia00Very good Dar experienceI enjoyed the Dar es Salaam city tour with Anna and Maiko (I think XD). They provided me with lots of information of history and culture which is what i was expecting from a city tour. They are very polite and accomodating making you feel welcomed to their country. They showed me around the city and went to the National and Village museums. In the end, they drop me to a restaurant for a delicious lunch. I highly recommend this tour. :)
- Matthias S00Highly recommendedI had a long layover between my flights and thanks to Dove Adventure Tanzania I was able to use the time perfectly to see the beautiful city of Dar Es Salaam on a city tour. The staff are extremely friendly and professional. My wishes were integrated into the planning in a very flexible way. I was thrilled how much the guide knew about Dar and every question, no matter how detailed, was answered. As my flight took off in the middle of the night, I was allowed to store all my luggage in the Dove Adventure office during this time and was invited to spend time with them. Thank you for a wonderful time!
- TrueBritGal00A worthwhile, whistle stop tour of Dar es Salaam - experience the history and culture of the cityThis is a great tour to capture the essence of the city, in a few hours. I booked at 12am - I was only in the city for a day- and to my surprise Jumbe answered promptly and my guide and a driver arrived at my hotel at 9am sharp in morning! Fabulous service to turn my request around in the middle of the night. Annastacia my guide for the day, provided a briefing of the historical locations, prior to setting off in the air conditioned car. I wasn’t interested in visiting all of the locations and Annastacia accommodated the places of interest that I did wish to see namely, the National Museum-very interesting cultural heritage artefacts, Mwenge Carving Market-lots of local artists and craftspeople selling their wares, the fish market - were the bartering and selling of fish brought fresh to the nearby shore by fisherman and the Village Museum-good examples of cultural homes from across Tanzania. I’d definitely recommend Annastacia as she is both a friendly and really knowledgable guide, answering my many questions /queries about the city, the country and even a little politics. A bottle of cold water is provided during the tour, you need to buy your own lunch at a restaurant at the The Waterfront - a worthwhile half day.
Can I book for one person for this sat? The number [person calulator is not working???
Hi I am at slip way, would like to book for this Saturday, but your calculator of persons is not working,,,,,,,
I’m only looking for transport from airport dar es salaam to mikumi Holiday village ....