Traditional Textile Tour
By Viva City Tours
The Guatemalan Guipil (Huipil) is a type of blouse worn by indigenous women and is unique in the world, made with cotton thread and woven by various techniques. Throughout Guatemala there are many weavers of the güipil who do it themselves with their looms. So weavers have also developed these beautiful traditional costumes with their loom standing. The importance of valuing the work of these artists is because each piece is unique, given its complexity, each weaver offers one design at a time. The meaning of each one can tell us different stories, from expressions of nature to religious or political symbolism.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Certified Guide
- Departure details
- Quetzaltenango Cathedral, RFMJ+FQ6, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala In front of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208349P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Traditional Textile Tour?
- Traditional Textile Tour price starts from $34.88. Discover and book Traditional Textile Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Traditional Textile Tour cancellation policy?
- Traditional Textile Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Traditional Textile Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Traditional Textile Tour?
- Traditional Textile Tour is hosted by Viva City Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Viva City Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Traditional Textile Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Traditional Textile Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h 30m. Discover and book Traditional Textile Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 208349P3
- You'll start atQuetzaltenango CathedralRFMJ+FQ6, Quetzaltenango, GuatemalaIn front of the Cathedral of the Holy SpiritSee address & details
- Pass byQuetzaltenango
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
The first part was a short tour of Xela (Quetzaltenango) whilst heading towards an art gallery where the embroidery…
Beautiful and fun cooking session
My family and I attended this food workshop. We spent time learning about some paintings of cocoa and the history o…
One of my best memories visiting Xela was this tour. Our tour guide picked me and my sister up at the city center a…