Iximche First Guatemala Capital City
By Guatemala Native Tours
Iximche is a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican archaeological site in the western highlands of Guatemala. Being the capital of the late postclassic Kaqchikel Maya kingdom from 1470 until its abandonment in 1524, the architecture of this site – also a national park – includes a number of pyramid-temples, palaces and two Mesoamerican ballcourts. Walk in the path of history and join us on a full-day tour to visit Iximche Guatemala! On this tour, you will be guided through the place where Pedro de Alvarado established the country’s first capital city, and witness the Mayans rituals and ceremonies held by locals. Lunch will be at a nice restaurant in Tecpan, before heading back to Antigua or Guatemala City.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Tecpan
- Entry/Admission - Chimaltenango
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We go for you at any location of Guatemala City and surroundings, it can be at your hotel, friend place, International Airport or even if you are in Antigua Guatemala. And after the tour end we drop you at location of request, it can be in the same place we pick you up or at any other location.
- La Aurora Airport, Guatemala City Guatemala
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 131424P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Iximche First Guatemala Capital City?
- Iximche First Guatemala Capital City price starts from $202.50. Discover and book Iximche First Guatemala Capital City on Tripadvisor
- What is the Iximche First Guatemala Capital City cancellation policy?
- Iximche First Guatemala Capital City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Iximche First Guatemala Capital City on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Iximche First Guatemala Capital City?
- Iximche First Guatemala Capital City is hosted by Guatemala Native Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Guatemala Native Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Iximche First Guatemala Capital City on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 131424P6
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1IximcheStop: 4 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2TECPANStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
We had a great evening with Esteban. He was very informative about the city and the culture. He made the trek up to…
One of Central America's Loveliest Capitals
Terrific tour of this often passed over city. I was very pleased with the private tour that Esteban directed. He kn…
Excellent tour for the curious
We had a wonderful day with Esteban. He was sure to communicate with us the day before to make sure that pickup was…
Great fun and friendly experience in Guatemala
My friend Corey and I had a wonderful time exploring the beautiful cities of Antigua and Guatemala City. It was esp…
A little too political
All of the logistics around the tour were perfect -- great communication, easy to book, they even offered a carseat…
Great day in Guatemala City
Guatemala City Day Tour - When we booked this tour we thought the price might be a little high, but Cynthia was ver…
Great tour of Guatemala city
Excellent tour, Esteban our guide is very knowledgeable. Took us to kaminaljuyu, the national archeology museum, th…