Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker
By Private Belize Adventure
All Maya Temples are not created equal. Altun Ha is the nearest excavated Maya Temple to Belize City and is probably the most visited by belizean school children from all over the country. Our guides will meet you upon mainland arrival in Belize City before heading off towards the “Old Northern Road” to see this beautiful Maya Temple with wide-open spaces. The temples are easily climbed and are not as tall as Lamanai and Xunantunich. After trekking an ancient home of the Maya, you’ll head to the tiny village of Bermudian Landing to visit The Community Baboon Sanctuary. Founded in 1985 the aim of the sanctuary was to show farmers in the area that protecting the habitat of the Black Howler Monkey could bring sustainability to the village. Your guide will show you the monkeys up close as they scamper across rope suspensions bridges throughout the village. You won’t miss the howl of this small monkey that sounds like it’s coming from a much bigger animal.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 5-65, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Entrance Fee
- Private Guide
- Entry/Admission - Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River
- Entry/Admission - Community Baboon Sanctuary
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Belize City, Belize
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9025P83
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker?
- Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker price starts from $196.00. Discover and book Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- What is the Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker cancellation policy?
- Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker?
- Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker is hosted by Private Belize Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Private Belize Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 6h. Discover and book Altun Ha & Baboon Sanctuary from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9025P83
- You'll start atBelize CityOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Altun Ha & The Olde Belize RiverStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Community Baboon SanctuaryStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
EXTREMELY EDUCATIONAL & WORTH DOING!!
This was our 5th Mayan Ruin we have visited. This was a very different kind of ruin as the building don't rise fro…
THIS IS THE ONE TO DO!
Xunantunich is a wonderful Mayan Ruin to visit. This makes the 4th Mayan Ruin that we have visited and it was well…
Brilliant day. Excellent host
Fantastic trip! Our guide, Dorian reassured us he would wait while the tender dropped us to the terminal, Dorian ma…
We started early in the morning and was picked up at X' Tan Ha. When we arrived at Hol Chan, it was packed with se…
Top notch, highly recommended
Our tour guide coconut pete and Jr were awesome. Most friendly and knowledgeable. Willing to answer all questions a…
Belize Mayan Ruins tour
Our cruise was late and our tour guide waited for us, which was great! We kept him in the loop since we’d have to b…
Had a fantastic time with Earl! The day was perfect starting from San Pedro to Altun Ha Temple to a Fanstastic Lunc…
Great Way to spend the day in Belize!
Our group of nine really enjoyed the Altun Ha and Cave Tubing Tour that Dorian and Paul provided. They were profes…
The Altun Ha and cave tubing tour was great. Juan and Paul took good care of us and made our day enjoyable. We init…
Very disappointed with your company
They cancelled our tour the day before the tour. No reason given. Very disappointing!! We will never use this tour…
An incredible and amazing experience. Very low key and unpopulated. We had the blue hole to ourselves a few times…
Highly recommend. The water is actually blue. Very refreshing and fun to swim around. 10 bz/person. Bring a lun…
This was a remarkable experience. We cruised in, got off late, the company reached out to us (even though we were …
Just do it!
This adventure rates up there as one of my favourite lifetime memories! It was a bit scary but thrilling. Don’t thi…
Best Tour Ever
General Wayne was our tour guide and he was just amazing. He was so knowledgeable and such a fun enjoyable tour gui…