Make your own way to the departure pier on the River Danube on the evening of August 20.
Be shown aboard your modern and spacious cruise boat, and admire the views of Budapest from the water as you savor a welcome glass of Champagne. Additional drinks are available from the bar (own expense).
Absorb the pleasant breezes on the upper deck, and enjoy a 1-hour round-trip cruise along the Danube. Have your camera ready as you glide by the illuminated Chain Bridge, Buda Castle District, and Parliament building. Then, gaze at lush Margaret Island before your vessel turns back, giving you another chance to photograph the sights.
Savor a delicious 4-course dinner served in the candlelit indoor salon, enjoying delights such as sable fish or duck leg confit, followed by a dessert like chocolate cream. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After dinner, enjoy a special program of live piano music. Lose yourself in the melodies, and then visit the upper deck for the annual St. Stephen’s Day fireworks. Enjoy spectacular views of the dazzling display, watching as the rockets erupt in the night sky over the city.
After the fireworks, leave the boat, bringing your experience to an end.Sample Dinner Cruise Menu:
• Appetisers in pastry basket Soup:
• Green pea cream soup with roasted almondsMain course (choice of one):
• Sablefish fillet with sauce hollandaise and vegetable lasagne
• Duck leg confit with crispy white cabbage and gratin potatoes
• Tender beef stew with polentaDessert:
• Chocolate cream with orange coulis