Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 4-65, max of 10 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Private transportation
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18489P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
- How much is Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana?
- Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana price starts from $130.60. Discover and book Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
- What is the Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana cancellation policy?
- Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana?
- Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana is hosted by LjubljanaGuides - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact LjubljanaGuides - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18489P3
Reserve your spot
About the operator
LjubljanaGuides - Day Tours
Joined in August 2015
#27 of 126 Outdoor Activities in Ljubljana
- Dcoronado400So Worth it!Alenka was knowledgeable, genuine and all around a wonderful tour guide! This tour is definitely worth the time and the money. The amount of sites we were able to see helped us get a better understanding of Ljubljana’s history and culture. It was well done!
- Curious49274300Professional From Start to Finish!We would highly recommend this tour of this beautiful city. Our guide Milos was so knowledgeable, personable and most of all his enthusiasm and love of his city was absolutely contagious. Also kudos to the coordinator, Alenka, who was over the top helpful with restaurant recommendations and so many links and helpful suggestions. A professional operation from beginning to end.
- peterE1860EA00Excellent tour, recommendedMilos was a great guide. Very informative and friendly. Learned a lot of Slovenian history. He was upbeat and energetic.
- Joseph B00Ljubljana an unexpected treasure!Our personal guide Milos was extremely knowledgeable about the city. Very nice leisurely walk. Beautiful buildings, clean streets, lot’s of restaurants, shops and very friendly people made this visit one of the best travel destination.
- RichK823200Great way to learn about the cityI like learning the history of the city and why things were built like they are. Our guide had all this knowledge about the city and castle. Even though we had rough weather that diminished the views, I really enjoyed the tour!
- Alessio1977197700Cultural experienceLarisa is been an excellent guide, she gave us many informations about history, society, culture, language, arts, poetry of Lubiana and Slovenia. Thanks so much
- Adventure25347000Great tourGreat tour including all the key points of interest and a good orientation of the city. The guide was friendly and knowledgeable with interesting comments not just reeling off dates etc.
- petercY9701YE00What a beautiful countryUhotel Ljubljana. Stayed 2 nights. Excellent accomodation. Walking distance of the Old Town. Thoughtful ,Professional Staff - Visited June 2022 for the 70th Festival. UK Production of West Side Story. Excellent Lead played by Rising Star, Adam Filipe as Tony. He brought the house down. Shall definetely use this hotel on mt next visit.
- 436janeth00Must see. You’ll love it!What a charming city! It is well worth a visit. Clean, safe, and very walkable with the castle, Dragon’s gate, market to visit. Plenty of sidewalk cafes along the river to sit and enjoy. The Grand Union hotel is centrally located.
- 194lionelh00Day in ParadiseAlenka was an incredible host. She is very knowledgeable on the history of Ljubljana, loves her job, loves her country and is great company. She even bought me a gelato!
- jennamD4421FG00Absolutely worth it! Do it. Do it. Do it.Alenka Sršen was fantastic! It sounded like she is a long-time local with several insights into Ljubljana history as well as present day restaurant and consumer recommendations. She was very personable and real, including giving the straight story about politics and religion / their place in Slovenian culture/history. (And, when requested [and ONLY when requested], her experience with all of the above.) She personalized the tour to our interests, showed attention to our individual backgrounds and how those related to the tour and our possible needs/wants, and was communicative, helpful, and articulate from before the trip started through after it ended. She even sent me screenshots of her, what she would be wearing, and Google walking directions from my hotel to the meeting place (unsolicited). After the tour, she walked me to an easy-to-understand endpoint for where I was headed next (which was not the official ending spot of the tour). The tour, itself, packed in a lot of information, a moderate amount of walking, and (what sounds like from other travelers in my cohort who explored Ljubljana on their own before I did) a comprehensive tour of the main spots to see. Especially toward the very end when you scale the castle viewing tour, there are MANY steps. Although the rest of the tour was a rather lazy pace/physical requirement, that part is strenuous. If you have health problems or get dizzy easily, just skip that part. If you can, then allow 30+ minutes after the scheduled tour ends to explore the castle. The tour ends with just a brief introduction to the castle (20-30 minutes). I got the impression that there was more to see. Ms. Alenka advised us that we could stay at the castle as long as we wanted after the tour officially ended. (Entrance ticket included in tour price.) I was not able to stay, but some people did. Look to their reviews for whether that was worth it. Side notes: (1) if you go on a Saturday, then you will be in for an extra treat! Farmer's market in the area. Soooooo extensive and impressive! Flowers, vegetables, fruit, clothing, accessories, and more. United States Farmer's Markets PALE in comparison. Loved being able to walk through it as part of the tour. (2) Take euros to be able to tip. You will want to. (3) Our tour started at the same time as the "free" tour. Paying Ms. Alenka was absolutely worth it. The free tour had 30+ people gathered at a nearby start spot. Most likely, the majority of those folks (a) never heard what the guide was saying, and (b) did not have a personalized tour. (4) COVID: On your honor, no masks and no questions asked. [May 7, 2022]
- leonardam8700Not your typical tour guideAlenka was excellent. She paid attention to details and was not in a hurry. She understood the meaning of wanting to know about the culture and history of the city. She took time to explain and I felt she was more of a friend than a tour guide. Even when that is part of the job she did it with style. I am hiring her services again for another tour in October 2020. :).
- James O00Great tourGreat tour, thanks for show round Meta...great knowledge and History, loved the castle and the river.
- Wendy N00Amazing!Absolutely one of the best city tours. Alenka was interesting, passionate about her city and country, funny and very knowledgeable. She kept the tour moving at a nice pace without rushing.
- Page D00So worthwhileOur guide, Meta, was knowledgeable and delightful. We spent 4 hours with her, including a fun boat ride in the river in late afternoon. Meta was so eager to answer all our questions and cater to our special interests. We would recommend her without hesitation
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jun 2019 • Solo
My guide was Alenka. She met me at the hotel from there we went to the start of the hike. My recommendation is wear good shoes - no flip flops. Most of the time you are in the shade. There are some steep parts but take your time. Alenka even had hiking poles for me. The poles were great for the way done. Once you get to the top the view is outstanding. Lunch is provided at the top. Highly recommend!
Written June 26, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Buy it with
Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana provided by LjubljanaGuides - Day Tours
Product Overview: Hiking on the Edge of Ljubljana
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos