Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The stunning coast of Slovenia and UNESCO-listed Skocjan caves can be tricky to tick off your list without a car. On this day tour from Ljubljana, travel by air-conditioned minivan with a guide to the Karst Region and the coast. Learn about the Skocjan Caves from a guide and taste local prosciutto and wine (own expense). Explore Piran and swim in the sea.
- You'll start atLjubljanaOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Skocjanske JameStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Lipizzan Museum LipikumStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 3Piran Town WallsStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 4Predjama CastleStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atLjubljanaSee Important Information for details
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Ljubljana hotel
- Travel in an air-conditioned minivan to the Slovenian coast
- Learn about the Skocjan Caves from a guide
- Choose to swim in the Adriatic Sea
What to Expect
Meet your guide at your centrally-located Ljubljana hotel and travel by air-conditioned minivan for 40 minutes to Skocjan Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Learn about the natural karst formations in the caves from your guide. Afterwards, pause to taste local prosciutto and Slovenian wine. Continue to Lipica and observe the famous white Lipizzaners horses in the warmer months. Travel on to the coast and Piran and wander through the medieval village. Enjoy fish at a local restaurant (own expense). You can choose to swim in the Adriatic Sea. At the end of the day, head back to your Ljubljana hotel.
Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Upper Carniola Region
Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Skocjan Caves:16 - 20 €
- Karst prosciutto and Teran wine tasting (approx. 6 EUR)
- Entry/Admission - Skocjanske Jame
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a swimsuit
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Thanks to our guide Yan, we had such great time！ The tour was very well organized, we had just enough time and the right weather for every activity. We really enjoyed our time.
Date of experience: March 2020
A lovely day out with roundabout travel, especial as the weather in Ljubljana was due to be very wet and the South coast had lovely blue skies. Due to it being out of season and we were the only couple on the tour our driver was able to adapt our tour and we were able to spend…
Date of experience: February 2020
1 Helpful vote
Lovely trip good weather and food most enjoyable trip of our stay. Would recommend for anyone looking to see other parts of this lovely country.
Date of experience: October 2019
We have made multiple trips to Slovenia and have always rented a car and did the driving at our own pace. The stop at Lipica Stud Farm is a must with an excellent performance similar to the Spanish riding school in Vienna. You must check the performance schedule for times and…
Date of experience: July 2019
We had Val as our guide, she was fantastic, very knowledgeable, friednly and professional. There were only 3 of us on the tour. The cave was so interesting and Piran was fabulous. Highly recommend the optional prosciutto and wine tasting.
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Roundabout Travel
An adventure of tremendous proportions, journey and destination.
I spent the day travelling around with my guide Michelle, and she made the whole experience something I will never …
Fascinating trip with the fantastic Michelle
I did this trip solo with Michelle as my guide, it was fantastic. She is ethusiasic and increibly knowledgeable, th…
Well deserved five stars
Lovely day despite the rain. I could count the number of tourists on one hand - it felt like I had the whole lake t…
Beware the cancellation promise
I booked this trip with this company. Beware!!!! They charge your credit card immediately. Supposedly you can ca…
New food and wine experiences in a gorgeous city.
We had a great time on this tour. It was just my husband and I so it was like nice little private tour. Jasmina was…
This trip was the highlight of our time in Slovenia. Spending time by the lakes Bohinj and Bled was idyllic and end…
Amazing experience in Plitvice Lakes National Park and Rastoke - From Zagreb
it was a fantastic experience. The guide was really sympathetic, we learnt also a lot about croatian history thanks…
Best way to discover the city of Ljubljana
We had a wonderful trip with our well informed and pleasant guide Urban. For us it was the best way to discover thi…
The tour was just amazing. Mr. Borut, who was our driver and guide was very knowledgeable and gave us a good insigh…
The tour guide was really nice and knowledgeable. He said just the right amount of information for the topic to be …
Perfect day in Slovenia.
Wonderful trip to Ljubljana & Bled lake from Zagreb. The trip was perfectly organized, and we really enjoyed all th…
Me and my friend had a fantastic tour together with our guide B.. Not only could he tell us a lot about the sights …
Great for food lovers
If you want to get to know the city but put the main focus on trying local food and wine, I can highly recommend th…
Lovely tour, great food and wine, excellent guide
Great tour, we had a four hour walk through 6 restaurants and learned to know the variety of Slovenian food and win…
Unforgettable your and your guide
We met our tour guide Drejc in Lubijana. We went first to Vintgar gorge and got there before it got really busy. A…
- Duration: 10h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Popular: Booked by 803 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,018 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 221 travelers!