LIKELY TO SELL OUT*
From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna
By Legendary Krakow
In Wadowice Karol Wojtyła, the future Pope John Paul II was born. The tour includes a visit to the Family Home of John Paul II, now a museum which provides exhibits of the future Pope's domestic life. The next place is Basilica of the Offering of the Blessed Virgin Mary- an ornate Church where Karol Wojtyła was baptized and confirmed. Kalwaria is best known for the Bernardine Monastery and the complex of 42 Chapels and Churches. Oficially called the Cultural & Landscape Complex of Monastery and Pilgrimage Park of the Bernardine Fathers, it was added to the UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage List. Be sure to visit the 17th century Baroque Church -painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Kalwaria The monastery holds the most famous shrine to the Virgin Mary in Poland and it is home to the Black Madonna painting - rumored to have been painted by St. Luke on a tabletop built by Jesus. The Black Madonna is believed to have miraculous powers by those who visit her.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 30 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional and licenced service
- Transport during the tour
- Admission and guided tour in Home of JP II
- English-speaking driver and tour leader
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Family Home of John Paul II
- Food and drinks
- Guide in Częstochowa Monastery
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- The exact pick-up time will be sent to you one day before the tour in the evening.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65823P32
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna on Tripadvisor
- How much is From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna?
- From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna price starts from $168.89. Discover and book From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna on Tripadvisor
- What is the From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna cancellation policy?
- From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna?
- From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna is hosted by Legendary Krakow. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Legendary Krakow on Tripadvisor. Discover and book From Kraków: Wadowice + Częstochowa Black Madonna on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65823P32
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Family Home of John Paul IIStop: 8 hours - Admission includedOn this tour follow the early life of Pope John Paul II and visit Częstochowa - Poland's spiritual capital where every year millions of pilgrims flock to its monastery to visit the shrine to the Black Madonna and visit Kalwaria Zebrzydowska - city listed on UNESCO Heritage List.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Salt mines near Krakow
Well worth the time if visiting the area. Be prepared for alot of walking. Some jaw dropping moments Piotr our dri…
Trip from Kracow to the Salt Mines
Janek our driver was excellent, he was very informative throughout and a very good driver. Mini bus was clean and t…
An entertaining guide..
Piotr was our driver to the Salt Mines. He was really accommodating and ensured a very enjoyable and smooth trip b…
Salt mine tour
Amazing to see all of the work gone into the mine and the cravings in the walls. The main Chapel was beautiful. O…
Super day out in the mountains!
We had a private tour with Wiktor our guide today. He collected us promptly at 8am from our hotel and first we went…
Do not use - Cancels without warning
Cancelled (with an email falsely staying that I requested a "return"), at 4:30 the day before. No response to emai…
Very worthwhile and informative
Tarek our driver was great - very friendly and made everything easy. Our personal guide Jakub/Kuba inside Auschwitz…
Really great day trip. The trip was really well organised, had enough breaks and were taken to a decent restaurant …
Cancelled 4pm the day before and ghosted
Arrived in Krakow and was very much looking forward to our tour booked months in advance. Had arranged pickup with …
An excellent way to see an important site
Such a brilliant day out. Our tour guide Michael was super knowledgeable about all the sites (as well as Poland in …
Brilliant tour. Incredibly informative and our guide, Michael, was full of local knowledge. Would definitely recomm…
Brilliant trip, we got a text message the day before confirming pick up time and place. Picked up on time and taken…
Humbling experience . . .
It's worth waiting a lifetime to walk through those historical gates, and stand on these hallowed grounds. Auschwit…
Driver Michal is the best
Incredible experience. Driver Michal was a fantastic guide. He was very informative and always kept the group in th…
Auschwitz- salt mines day trip !!
Michael (Our driver/Guide for the day) was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Made the day more enjoyable an…
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.