Sandomierz is a picturesque city by the Vistula River situated on the Sandomierz Basin in the south-eastern Poland. It is located on seven highlands that why it is also named the Little Rome. In the Middle Ages it was one of the royal cities - up to nowadays it has an original urban planning. The monuments in Sandomierz are very valuable in the scale of Polish and European cultural heritage.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 9–10 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- entry fees (Basilica and Underground Museum)
- cruise fee
- Entry/Admission - Sandomierz
- food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your accommodation (hotel, hostel, apartment) in Krakow. Please advise your full hotel name and address at time of booking.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8735P56
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow on Tripadvisor
- How much is One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow?
- One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow price starts from $227.96. Discover and book One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow on Tripadvisor
- What is the One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow cancellation policy?
- One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow?
- One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow is hosted by Poland Active - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Poland Active - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book One-day tour to royal city Sandomierz, private tour from Krakow on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 8735P56
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byPoland Active Local Tours - Tours around Krakow - Krakow sightseeing
- 1Underground Tourist RouteStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2SandomierzStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Town Hall SandomierzStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Sandomierz Market Square (Rynek)Stop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Poland Active - Day Tours
Joined in January 2013
#13 of 155 Outdoor Activities in Krakow
- 631debbid00Not worth the moneyWas not what I expected, tlrwadimg theiugh the description and the 'what to expect ' tab ,it is obviously referring to the salt mines but never having been on this trip I was unaware. I booked it as,it said a disabled car adapted would take you underground and I expected the tour to use one, fortunately my disabled partner never came on the trip, it was a small museum under the market place that the guide spent an hour and half talking through all the displays, my partner would not have been able to be in his feet for this time. It was also one of those tours that you really didn't need a guide for. All the exhibitions had multi language displays, and just walking through, you got the gist of it. I feel that had the information been correct, I would not have booked this tour through an operator but paid to go alone. £80 for 4 people is all for this museum
- suzannesJ6603GO00Unique and beautiful cultural experienceWant to experience something totally unique and feel the culture of tradition combined with lovely countryside? This is the tour for you. Our guide Mathew (Maciej Szymoniak) was exceptional. We had the pleasure of traveling on the Eagle Nest Castle tour earlier in the week and were thrilled to be with him again. We met people, saw the insides of their homes and experienced a very heartwarming and beautiful tradition. Everywhere we went we were warmly welcomed. It is clear Poland Active has invested in getting to know the people and their families. We were so glad we booked this tour. It is something even as well traveled individuals that we have never experienced before. Very special and beautiful.
- suzannesJ6603GO00Absolutely stellar tour from start to finishThis was an absolute highlight or our trip to Poland. Matthew (Maciek Szymoniak) really tailored this trip to our interests and pace. He quickly realized my husband's love of photography and made sure he took us to the best spots for the best pictures. We were amazed at his ability to know exactly where to be and when to have the best experience at each and every castle. They were all so different and we had not only beautiful visual experiences but wonderful commentary about the history, the people and the places. Do not hesitate one moment to book this tour be it for the beauty or the learning. Oh, and have to mention that we traveled in absolute comfort. We also booked the Zlipie villages tour and honestly after our experience, we know who to contact to experience all the facets of Poland - Poland Active!
- weekd0900Do itBrilliant day. Enjoyed by all generations of the family. Great experience. Amazing scenery. Would recommend. Only issue was we were put on a raft with no English speaking guide. However, we managed OK with the help of another visitor
- zippy200500Exceptional and memorable!This is an exceptional tour of the wooden churches, traditional in the Malopolska region once! The tour started promptly at the agreed time with hotel pick-up. The guide asked us about the pace of the tour, explaining that we could see up to 8-9 churches if desired, the minimum being 4-5. We like wooden churches very much and chose to see as many as possible, and what a treat! These churches are unique and have beautiful histories attached to them! Most of them could be visited inside with their guide (who waited for us promptly when we arrived) or an audioguide. Everything was very well planned, and the overall pace of the trip was perfect, not rushed. We also had one hour for lunch at a lovely village restaurant; I recommend trying Polish traditional dishes there. Our guide, Maciej was excellent, knowledgeable, and went beyond the call of duty to make our tour enjoyable! Everything was very well organized, allowing us to make the best of our trip and see everything we wanted to see! The landscapes along the way are unique, too! Highly recommended tour that has an excellent guide! Thank you, Maciej/Matthew!
- Emily T00Fantastic Castle ToursA brilliant day touring some amazing locations in a beautiful country! Everything occurred in a timely fashion, which was impressive due to the number of stops we made at 5 castles and additional places of interest such as the viewpoint onto the Błędów desert. Our guide was very informative and helpful, both in taking us around the locations and giving us time to explore for ourselves. Everything was tailored to our requirements, with adjustments made in the order of stops to ensure that we were not caught out in the rain. An overall fantastic experience that I can highly recommend!
- ClassPED00Wonderful FD Tour seeing Historic Castles: “MUST DO”My wife and I booked an Eagles’ Nest Trail Tour from Krakow with Maciej (Matthew). It exceeded our expectations. Our driver and guide (Maciej) provided us with a comfortable drive from site to site and once there he guided us through them. His knowledge of each castle and/or ruin was extensive and he offered us narratives as we drove to reach the next location to be visited. He was exceptionally friendly with a full command of English and was quite capable of answering any and all questions. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with him and can without reservation recommend his trip to anyone wishing to see these incredible sites within easy reach from Krakow.
- B7176GFalexandrar00Breathtaking tour of OjcówThis was an amazing tour. We were picked up at our apartment and driven to the Parc. One of us had a walking handicap and the tour guide accommodated is the best he could, which was kind of him. We first entered the park and first took a tour of the King Łokietek’s Cave. We then visited an old medival castle ruins. We took a break for lunch in the valley where we visited the trout farm and had the most amazing lunch of pierogies and pizza. We had a wonderful local blonde beer to help quench our thirst! After lunch we took a brief tour of the natural museum located in the valley. After that we have our way to the main castle and the Hercules club. Along the drive we saw beautiful landscapes and breathtaking views. Despite more walking than expected, it was a wonderful trip and definitely worth making the stop. Shout out to our guide Maciej who made the experience a standout!
- marycope100Wooden curchesAbsolutely fantastic. Worth every second of the 10-hour tour. Mat thew, our guide, was so knowledgeable, accommodating, and fun.
- manning300Amazing trip to ZalipieOur day with Maciej was a highlight of our trip to Poland. Active Poland was easy to communicate with and I booked our trip before we left Canada. We were picked up right on time and Maciej drove the hour and a half to Zalipie. We never could have done this trip on our own. He knew where all of the unique painted houses were located and had a good relationship with the owners. He was knowledgable in the areas history and spoke excellent English. I would book another trip with Poland Active at any chance. Also ask Macicj to stop for delicious waffles.
- V8377HHlydiac00Brilliant tour - awesome guide!Brilliant day, and Matthew was an awesome guide! The visit to the cave was great - don't forget to take a warmer layer, as the temperature inside the cave is 7 degrees. We were sent on our way to the castle through the national park, and Matthew explained in detail how to get there. On the way, we enjoyed a delicious smoked trout lunch as recommended by Matthew, and the view to the castle was fab. Matthew met us at the museum, and we really enjoyed the tour - very informative and with a great explanation of the history of Ojcow National Park. Matthew took us to the Ojcow castle ruins and shared a lot of information about the castle. He then drove us to the Skala Castle, where we had a comprehensive tour in and around the castle. Matthew was very enthusiastic and wanted us to get the most out of our tour, which we did. We would highly recommend Matthew as a guide - he is friendly, informative, and looks after his guests really well.
- B7953KOrachelc00A wonderful tour of the wooden churchesMy family and I had a wonderful time on this tour visiting the wooden churches outside Krakow. Our guide Maciek was very friendly and knowledgeable, and he pointed out sites in the towns and villages we passed through as well. Highly recommend!
- JTR212100Historical visit with a viewAlthough we had only and hour or so to visit, we found the mound to be interesting an informative. It does afford a lovely view of the city when you take the easy stroll to the top. Had we been there on a weekday when the church is open, I’m sure we would have been rewarded by it.
- Andrew P00Must do day trip from Krakow!We just had our Castle tour with Matthew today and it was definitely a highlight of our trip! He is a wonderful guide who knows all the secret spots and goes out of his way to make everything as convenient as possible. He knows the castles inside and out and adds wonderful details to the information the castles provide. He also suggested several other activities based on our interests from our conversations. Overall the trip is gorgeous and the castles are magnificent but Matthew really makes it a 5/5. We will be back to Krakow and we will be booking a tour with him again!
- 927edmara00Maciej (Matthew) the most knowledgeable tour hide in Poland.One of most exciting and amazing experiences I ever had . Maciej (Matthew) was extremely knowledgeable of polish history, politics, soccer, and local food spots. I had the great pleasure of having a private tour and will hire him every time I come to Poland.