per group (up to 6)
per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- private tour with a certified and experienced local guide who knows Prague inside out.
- an unforgettable 3 hours exploring jewish heritage in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- personal tips on what to do in Prague, where to eat, have fun or soak up the unique atmosphere
- pick-up and drop off at your hotel
- admission to Jewish Museum and the Old New Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - The Old-New Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - Pinkas Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague
- Entry/Admission - Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Museum in Prague
- Entry/Admission - Starý židovský Hřbitov
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- I'll pick you up at any hotel in Prague.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 117046P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza on Tripadvisor
- How much is Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza?
- Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza price starts from $198.69. Discover and book Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza on Tripadvisor
- What is the Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza cancellation policy?
- Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza?
- Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza is hosted by Prague as YOU Like It. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Prague as YOU Like It on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 117046P4
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Prague Jewish QuarterStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2The Old-New SynagogueStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Pinkas Synagogue, Jewish Museum in PragueStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Museum in PragueStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5Stary zidovsky HrbitovStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Prague as YOU Like It
Prague, Czech Republic
Joined in June 2013
#11 of 108 Classes & Workshops in Prague
- Barbara S00Fun Cooking Experience in PragueMy husband and I had such a fun time with Tereza at her cooking class. Tereza is a delight! She is fun and humorous, as she shares information about national food dishes, traditions, cooking tips, travel information, and all about Prague.
- ronwparks00Roasted DuckCooking with Tereza was a terrific local experience and I would gladly do it again! She is welcoming and made me feel right at home . Not only did we cook roast duck with sweet and sour red cabbage, potato dumplings, and garlic soup, I tasted a variety of excellent homemade condiments and learned about local cottage beers. Ask for a taste of the fig and mustard seed preserves!
- TheYellowDart1700Highly Recommend Cooking ClassWe signed up for a private cooking class with Tereza, and it ended up being one of the highlights of our 2+ week trip throughout Europe. Tereza was professional, friendly, and prompt throughout all of our communications. We liked the idea of a private cooking class because it meant we had full control over the menu. The day of our cooking class, Tereza picked us up at our hotel around 1000 with all of the ingredients for our three-course menu, which we decided on beforehand. She then took us to her house where we ate, drank, and swapped globetrotting stories for the next 5.5 hours. The food was delicious, and Tereza the day of even tailored the recipes to the part of Bohemia where my ancestors were originally from so I could get a sense of what they are. She also went above and beyond by accessing the Czech-language Czech Holocaust website and translating documents related a potential relative for me. We had only found out about this individual while visiting the Jewish Quarter earlier in our trip, so we were eager to learn more about him. When our afternoon was over, Tereza sent us home with leftovers and helped us get home safe. If you are looking for a fun, unique activity to do while traveling, I highly recommend taking a cooking class with Tereza. She provides clear, simple instructions for all skill levels. If, like us, you are an avid cook, Tereza will adjust her instructions accordingly while teaching you unique things about Czech cuisine. Don’t miss out in this awesome opportunity to learn more about Czech culture!
- judy123456733200Amaxing family atmosphere cooking experience with TerezaWhen you visit Prague,you will throughly enjoy this cooking class.Teresa picked us up at our Hotel,and took us 20 min from the city ,via the subway.We were there in less than 10 min,having wine in her large appartment. We had a choice of what to cook.We choose potato soup,potato salad,chicken schnitzel and apple struddel. Everything tasted so great.Tereza is a young professional woman,who also does tours in her city. Our other friends were sorry,they didn't take this cooking class with us.
- 250neilm00Cooking ClassWe had a GREAT time with Tereza cooking some Czech dishes. The best complement we can give is that it was like visiting a friend.
- GWT201900Cooking and tour with Tereza - highly recommendedMy wife and I had the best time with Tereza. We split our time into two half-days - walking tour the first, and cooking the next. It was like visiting our Czech friend, and making supper together afterwards. Definitely he highlight of our time in Prague! Highly recommended!!
- MarkS77600Doesn't respond to requests for information or confirmation of tour dates/timesI initially contacted Tereza at the beginning of June for class on Sept 19. In addition we discussed a private customized tour to visit ancestorial birth towns. Unfortunately Tereza stop answering email requesting price details and confirming dates and times. I've decided to look at other options.
- angie M00Cooking classReally so much fun!!! A wonderful way to spend our last afternoon. Such enjoyable conversation—not to mention the cooking!!!! Can not recommend highly enough.
- alpaca3300Amazing Experience!I took Tereza's cooking class with two of my girlfriends during our trip to Prague. We highly recommend this experience. From the start, Tereza was very responsive to our inquiry while we were planning our trip and even met us at our Airbnb on the day of the class to help us learn the public transportation in the city. Her home was very welcoming and the kitchen was clean. She was entertaining, a wealth of Czech knowledge, and a great teacher. We learned how to make cabbage soup, lentil paste and schnitzel which were delicious and easy recipes to make again for our friends and family at home. If you are looking for a unique travel experience you should strongly consider Tereza's cooking class!!
- CherylChee00A memorable experienceMy husband and I had a lovely time with Tereza exploring Czech cuisine in her kitchen. We learnt much from our host, who was very generous with her tips and advice - not only of cooking, but also of Czech culture in general. We had many good laughs in the cosy atmosphere of Tereza's home, and would recommend her classes to anyone looking for a memorable experience.
- facenac00Get as involved as you wantFirst, one of the things people need to understand is that Tereza is the one and only person running this business. I read great reviews and a couple of bad reviews...which centered on communications and canceling. Understand that when there's one person running a business, once in a while she is going to be sick. Personally, I'd rather have someone cancel than get me sick as well. Secondly, as Tereza is also a tour guide, she can't have a cooking class every day...she is tough to book because she's busy and this cooking class has caught on. It also takes some prep for the cooking class...buying ingredients and also cleaning her place so consider it (for her) a full day activity (and it's on the order of 5.5+ hours for the participants). So if you are lucky enough to be able to book with her you are very fortunate. So now on to the cooking class itself...Tereza worked with my husband and me on a gluten free menu so we ended up with 2 soups and an entree but no dessert as there really wasn't a true Czech dessert item that is gluten free, at least that's part of what is on Tereza's menu. No matter...we loved this menu. We are more "observer" types of people than the "jump in and start doing everything" types. Tereza is very easy going; she goes with the flow on what her customers want to do (or not do). My husband and I chopped up vegetables and did a little bit of other stuff but mostly we watched and learned. We had potato soup, garlic soup, and beef filet with pickle and bacon. I would make these dishes at home...they were fabulous and pretty easy, which is right in line with my cooking ability. Did I also mention that there is alcohol involved? During the 5.5 hours we were with Tereza, she served peach brandy, then later beer, and finally wine with dinner. And tea and water too. And sausages, pickles, and cheese. I'm sure I've forgotten something...and all of this was just to fortify ourselves for the main meal 😉 I would be remiss if I didn't mention the conversation...Teresa's helpful Prague touring hints (which Prague Christmas markets are the best for handmade items as an example), hearing about her family (ask about her grandmother), her cats' personalities, background about herself, not to mention places traveled (from us and her), schooling, price of real estate and about 100 other topics that provided loads of local color and texture for our trip. She has provided the recipes for the dishes we made and has promised to send us her homemade pickles recipe after she translates to cups and teaspoons for us...extra work for her but she was amenable about doing so. And those pickles are delicious too! I hope you are able to book with her but understand if you can't...and also appreciate how fortunate you are if you get to spend the afternoon with Tereza. Happy cooking.
- gierczaka00Tereza was the highlight of our entire tripWe had preplanned spending the day with Tereza months ago. She is extremely knowledgeable regarding the concentration camp Terezin (family member had lived through this part of history). Afterwards, our driver took us to Tereza"s home were we had a bowl of delicious dill soup. We chose to make potato dumplings and apple strudel. While cooking, Tereza kept us very happy with wine or beer. When we had finished cooking, we sat down and enjoyed a delightful meal with our hostess. She wrapped our strudel up so we could take it back to our hotel. I was even able to bring some home for my family to enjoy. Afterwards, she brought us all the way back to our hotel via the subway. We never would have found our way back on our own using the subway. Tereza is a wonderful hostess!
- RatieTraveler00Great Food and Even Better CompanyThis class was the highlight of my husband's and my trip to Prague. It was such a nice change of pace from the crowded sites. We booked only 2 days in advance, but Tereza was very responsive to our emails. She let us pick 3 traditional Czech dishes from a large list of options. We choose garlic soup, meat filled dumplings, and an apple strudel. Tereza met us at our hotel in the Old Town and then took us to her apartment using the metro. She bought tickets for us both directions as part of the class fee. Once at her apartment, we spent a few hours drinking, eating and chatting with Tereza and her husband. It felt more like cooking with friends than a paid experience. I loved getting to have a real experience with a local.
- Tanita N00A great experience!We were five girls on a trip to Prague and decided for this cooking class at Tereza's kitchen. The communication befor the evening was perfect and Tereza even picked us up from our appartement. During the cooking we had a lot of fun and learned a lot about the traditional dishes. The most important thing, however, was the food: It was delicious!!
- katiefregetto00Definitely Recommend!Recently, I traveled to Prague with my mom and her sister. Tereza picked us up from our hotel then we traveled via public transportation to her apartment. It was a great way to get familiar with Prague's public transportation system. Once we arrived her home we started to prepare our meal and enjoy friendly conversation, we felt like we were at home. My favorite dish of our home-cooked meal was Dill Soup.
Buy it with
Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza provided by Prague as YOU Like It
Product Overview: Prague Jewish Quarter Tour with Tereza
|Number of Photos||1|