This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Located northwest of Cuzco, Nevado de Salkantay, the cordillera’s tallest peak rises to 6,271 metres above sea level. The name Salkantay means ‘Savage Mountain’ and it is a strikingly beautiful single peak providing a great focal point for this route. The trek normally takes 5 days and is popular with trekkers wanting to combine a quieter, less trodden route with a visit to the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. One of the reasons the Salkantay trail is so popular is the incredible diversity of the views and ecosystems. Voted among the top 25 best treks in the world the walk is dominated by the 20,500-feet-high Mount Salkantay and cuts through the beautiful Mollepata Valley and passes Salkantay at an altitude above 15,000 feet before traversing around the mountains to arrive at Aguas Calientes. The trek is only a little more difficult than the Inca Trail, and horses are used to carry food and equipment.
Cusco - Sorayapampa
Sorayapampa - Collapampa
Machu Picchu - Cusco
- Camping Equipments
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trail
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu market adjacent to the train station
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Peru Global Tours
Excellent Service on Inca Trail
Impressive service. Everything was organised well. They visited our hostel the night before and conducted a detaile…
Amazing experience from start to finish
We took the 5 days tour of Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. In a nutshell here was our experience; Booking was simple an…
- Salkantay Trail, Salkantay Trail, and 3 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071