Ages 0-99, max of 20 per group
Start time: Check availability
Meets animal welfare guidelines
Live guide: English
Audio guide: Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
What's not included
- Professional guide with live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with lots of leg room
- 1 hr 45 min nature cruise on Milford Sound
- Scenic 45 minute flight back to Queenstown
- Entry/Admission - Milford Sound
- Entry/Admission - Queenstown
- Packed picnic lunch (Can be pre-ordered for additional cost)
- Departure details
- Athol Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand Carpark area at the coach pick-up location.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29492P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian picnic lunch is available, please advise at time of booking if preferred
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29492P6
- You'll start atAthol StreetAthol Street, Queenstown 9300, New ZealandCarpark area at the coach pick-up location.See address & details
- 1Lake Te AnauStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Eglinton ValleyStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Mirror Lakes WalkStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Monkey CreekStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byHomer Tunnel
- 5Milford SoundStop: 105 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Air MilfordStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Gray Line New Zealand
#52 of 197 Tours & Activities in Auckland Central
- hasnayenc00Natural beautyNatural beauty of New Zealand. Mount glacier, mountainous road, blue water of huge Lakes and water falls next to the Rocky Mountains
- JoanieM62000Rotorua to Auckland with visits to Hobbiton and WaitomoThough it was a long day with a lot of driving, we had a great time visiting Hobbiton and the Waitomo Glowworm Caves. The bus driver/guide for the trip from Rotorua to Hobbiton was great - very informative. The bus driver/guide for the trip from Hobbiton to Auckland didn't seem to care much about his passengers. The tour of Hobbiton was very interesting; our guide on that tour was great. A buffet lunch at Hobbiton was included in our day. There was a nice variety of food to meet everyone's tastes. The Glowworm Caves was also interesting. The guide was informative. It would have been helpful if the size of the group was a little smaller so that it would have been easier to keep everyone together. There were some stairs in the cave, but not too many to make it difficult for people. The end of the trip annoying. When we got to Auckland, the driver stopped and said that anyone going to the Skycity Hotel should get off there. After we got off and got our luggage, the driver started to get back on the bus. We had no idea where our hotel was. When we asked him, he was rather rude and abrupt in his answer. The hotel entrance was a block away. He could have dropped us off right in front of the hotel since there was plenty of space for buses.
- azihr00Hobbiton & Waitomo Experience With Lunch From AucklandWe did the Hobbiton & Waitomo Experience With Lunch From Auckland on the 12th of Oct 2022 with Tony (Gray Line tours)! It was a beautiful experience and Tony was well informed and excellent! We booked the tour via viator (which didn’t have a clear booking summary…we were nearly left in Rotorua that day) but thanks sooo much to Tony we were able to tag along and were able to go back to Auckland that same day and experienced the beauty of Waitomo cave. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you very much Tony for what you have done! Make sure to book this with lunch as the buffet was absolutely scrumptious! The glow worm cave was a beautiful experience too, our day was absolutely fun and memorable!
- Land_See00Trip to Bay of IslandsThis was a great tour, a combination of a bus trip and a boat trip to the Hole in the Rock, passing many islands. experiencing dolphins and other wildlife. Great commentary by Rachel and on the boat. Saw and experienced a lot. One of the best tours.
- ilovetotravelfoodie00Lovely!.Via an online website, i managed to get a good price for the approximately 3 hours Bay of Islands afternoon cruise including the *Hole in the rock* and dolphins watching, via Gray Line Tour. The Gray Line coach left from the Hobson Street station in Auckland for Paihia, at 7.30 a.m. this morning, with a 30 minutes coffee or tea break at a nice cafe, less than 1 1/2 hours from Auckland. Arriving in Paihia just after 11 a.m., we had some time for ourselves, before boarding the catamaran *Dolphin Seeker* for the most lovely approximately 3 hours cruise through the Bay of islands, at around 1.15 p.m.. The *Hole in the rock* actually looked quite small from the far distance but the weather conditions today being quite good and the sea being quite calm, the catamaran *Dolphin Seeker* actually managed to pass through the *Hole in the rock*. Marvellous!. The catamaran *Dolphin Seeker* then brought us to see the dolphins. Wonderful!. Everything was really professionally arranged, based on my personal experiences today, from the check-in at the Hobson Street station, to the experienced driver of the Gray Line coach, with his interesting commentary, all the way to Paihia and of course the whole apparently very experienced and really quite charming catamaran *Dolphin Seeker* team, especially with its very important emphasis on safety while on board. Recommended.
- cindyn5200Waitomo Caves & Hobbiton Movie Set - Full Day Tour With Lunch - Ex Auckland Return Gray Line ToursThe Gray Line Tour was wonderful from start to finish. The staff was extremely helpful meeting us at the City Station and getting us on the right bus for the tour . The bus driver Brian was great and told us lots about NZ history in an entertaining manner! He was kind and helpful with lots of good tour tips! Going to Hobbiton was wonderful and a tour I wouldn’t miss! The lunch was great with lots of good choices! Waitomo Caves was another must do tour! The tour was extremely organized . The bus was very comfortable and enroute to the tour sites you see the wonderful NZ country side! Thank you Brian and Grey Line Tours!
- 319daveyw00Absolutely amazingMere words and even pictures could never describe just how amazing Milford Sound is. The boat Captain was awesome and thoroughly showed the full extent of the Sound. The bus driver was also full of great information and the drive out to Milford Sound was equally amazing the whole drive
- Beginner_travellers00Excellent tourTara our guide was great. She was so knowledgeable about everything and could answer every question we had. She gave us the opportunity to do some shopping. She organised us for the harbour cruise and the taxi to get to the Sky Tower and it all went so smoothly after Tara dropped us at the wharf. Tour is a great way to see Auckland and when we had free time we were able to go back to where Tara recommended and we weren't disappointed. Highly recommended
- Peter C00FantasticExcellent tour with a knowledgeable tour guide. She made sure we were comfortable at every turn and the sights were out of this world
- Joanne L00Great driver, beautiful scenery, glad we didn't driveMilford sound involved multiple stops to see the most beautiful scenery. The driver was informative, and very friendly, giving us an amazing experience seeing the Mirror Lakes, and Kea along the way. Lunch was supplied, very relaxing. 7am to 7pm tour.
- Woodsy1900Incredible experienceI did the Queenstown to Milford Sound coach and cruise. The driver, Hamish, was fun and an awesome fountain of knowledge and passion about the area. I was lucky to have only 4 other passengers which meant we were able to stop in spots the other groups couldn’t. It was noticeable that we had a smaller, more fun group that was not being herded around like all the other groups I saw. Music on the bus was a great addition! The bus itself was extremely comfortable and allowed for excellent viewing. Don’t even question the cost... it exceeded expectations and I loved it!
- carlyannkay00Awesome Trip!This trip was amazing! We initially didn’t think we needed to take the bus from Queenstown, and were planning on driving ourselves to the Fiordlands, but the drive with this tour company was so worth it! Our tour guide, Jonnie, was awesome, the views were unlike any other, and the boat was an amazing experience! Cannot rate highly enough!
- Elise J00Wonderful tour, worth every centFor a full-day tour this was amazing. In the dead of winter there were only 7 passengers on a luxury bus - toilet, glass roof to see all the views, heater, comfortable seats with USB charging ports. The driver was excellent. We saw 4 cars off the road on our drive down so it was a great relief to have an experienced driver taking us on such a long day trip. The cruise itself was excellent - Milford Sound is gorgeous, and it's worth paying for the full day tour to get extra safety on the bus.
- Pedro C00Great valueGood trip with a good guide, luxurious bus with glass ceiling and a boutique cruise with a very nice athmosphere. Great price as well.
- Mercia C00Hamish - excellent tour guide and driver! Wi-Fi onboard!Highly recommend the Grayline bus tour from Queenstown to Milford especially if it's Hamish as the tour guide and bus driver. He is very knowledgeable of NZ facts, very passionate about his work, we really enjoyed our trip and learn so many facts about the New Zealand, Milford Sound, Queenstown, NZ animals, the NZ landscape. We love our trip. Excellent job Hamish and Thank you very much for the awesome experience we had during the trip!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I can't sing the praises of this trip enough! From Eric, our wonderful and engaging bus driver, who kept us entertained on the long drive to Milford, to the comfortable coach ride, with plenty of comfort and scenic stops, to the fantastic boat itself which drove close to all the interesting areas of the Fjords (we even got to see a penguin!!!), to the incredible, once in a lifetime flight back home - this is a trip I will never forget! Extra points for the fantastic pack lunch - plenty of food to keep us going. I also noted that another lady on the trip who was vegan got a really good option as well - a lot of thought must have been put in.
Written September 18, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Kia Ora Steph I, I am glad that your bus driver Eric kept you entertained on the journey to Milford Sound, and that coach ride was comfortable. It is always exciting to see wildlife on the cruise and it is awesome you spotted a penguin whilst on our tour. We do have great options suited for all dietary needs and it is great to hear that you enjoyed our food options. All the best for your future travels, Timothy and the team at GrayLine
Written September 19, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.