Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 41 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Small-group tour, afternoon departure from 1.30pm
- Professional guide
- Light snacks and water
- Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- 37 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5762P9
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day)?
- Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) price starts from $139.14. Discover and book Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) cancellation policy?
- Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day)?
- Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) is hosted by Nomad Safaris. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Nomad Safaris on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day)?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5762P9
Reserve your spot
- You'll start at37 Shotover StreetOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Lake WakatipuStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 2Mount Aspiring National ParkStop: 2 hoursSee detailsPass byNomad Safaris
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Queenstown, New Zealand
Joined in October 2008
#1 of 35 Transportation in Queenstown
- Gem A00Quad bike adventureWe went out on the quad bikes and up a beautiful mountain with full views of Queenstown! The tracks are perfect for beginners/intermediate and the operator is very accomodating of your abilities to ride! We had Jake who was a legend! Highly recommended using this company
- PMarch004WD TourSuper fun experience that included beautiful scenery, interesting tidbits about LOTR, off-roading and gold panning with a lovely tea break. Josh was a wonderful guide who was friendly, easy to talk to and gave good information that I was able to share with people on another tour! There were slightly fewer LOTR sights than I had expected, but definitely glad I went as able to see places I wouldn't otherwise have been able to see on my own. Highly recommend for a different way to experience Queenstown.
- Carol F00Imagination neededWe did the half day Lord of the Rings tour. We were never contacted as was stated by the tour company 24 hours in advance. That being said when we finally did find the meeting place, no buildings in queenstown are numbered, we were picked up on time. It was a full van and Justin our driver did his best to rotate seats. However, if you were in the back of the vehicle you couldn't hear him talking. After 20years since the film was made, places had overgrown and imagination was needed. However, Justin did provide a movie set book with pictures to help set the stage. There was a lot of driving and the river portion was very bumpy so if you have back issues it's not for you.
- laurarE8156MF00Great Glenorchy tour!Wonderful trip, our guide Fabian was very knowledgeable about both LOTR and the local area. Learned a lot & had fun. Highly recommend!
- O1156WFjuliep00Adventurous but safe with an awesome viewGreat adventure for our grown up family. Riding the quad bikes made us feel more connected to the scenery by the instructor and practice at the start made us feel safe. Once at top a nice morning tea with a view across the whole region.
- briannag78200Absolutely amazing!We had the best time on this tour of places Lord of the Rings was shot. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the movies and had even experienced watching some of the filming himself. The views were amazing and always felt safe riding. Would definitely recommend doing this tour if you’re a LotR fan. Very much worth it.
- Bing2009202300Fo(u)r Wild Drive Tour Guided by JonoThe guide was an enthusiastically born one who made the tour live and vivid with fantastic driving skill!
- Currypuff912600BeautifulBeautiful scenery with excellent photo opportunities, detailed information and fact sharing by our guide Peter, and adequate stops for beautiful photos of the canyon, Peter was unexpectedly humorous too, sharing many stories and jokes and personal experiences with us during the tour, he had great photography skills too :), would rate this 5/5 and definitely ride with them again for my next tour :) Peter helped us to pan out actual gold too! Drinks and snacks provided by the operator was very nice, just wished there was toilet and anti nausea measures in place for this tour as I got a little car sick along the journey and had no way to relieve myself.
- Ameera3400Awesome!this was an amazing experience! awesome scenery, lots of photo stops, and our guide (i think paul was his name) was very funny and even helped stage photos etc. the drive through the river was really fun as well
- zbusters00Great fun in the mountains!This was SO fun!! We also saw way more than I expected. 360 views from several spots. I’ve never driven a Quad before and the guiding they took us through before we set off had me totally comfortable. I think when they were doing the instruction before we set off they may have not only been teaching us skills but also been evaluating our comfort level so when we set off those of us that were more comfortable went with the faster guide and the slower group came up behind; I think they also went over calmer terrain. Our guide Lukas, was AWEsome! Totally set a fun pace for all of us and checked in regularly, made nice stops etc. He actually asked if we would be up for something s little more technical after our first main stop and I bowed out because of it being my first time, but when we got to the second stop, he spoke with the other guide and they arranged for my fiancé and other rider to go with him (who were both quite experienced) sp they could do the more advanced stuff, and I hung out with the other group than retuned with them. I thought this was awesome because my partner could experience stuff that was more his level yet I never had to get out of my comfort zone. I cannot recall the other guides name (comes from black water rafting) but he was also great. I gotta hand it to him, there were two in his group (the group I returned with) of which the woman was SO slow!! I mean I was getting annoyed because she was barely crawling and would regularly stop on the downhill. At one point she just freaked out and stopped completely and he very calmly came up and rode her quad down the steep part for her. (Honestly this couple from India should never have partook in this activity given how slow and nervous she was and how he kept just randomly stopping to take in the view and pictures of themselves) but, my point being, the guide remained super calm snd happy which is a lot of credit to him. On the operation, this was good. Super straight forward, easy. I will say they seriously need to change out the lens on their goggles though. Goggles were not required but extremely advantageous given how dusty it was but man are they scratched up! I ride DH MTN with the same goggles and know how clear I want those goggles so that I can see well. Other than that the jackets, boots, bikes, etc they give you are all solid. Anyway, we hope to come back to Queenstown in a year or so and will totally be doing this again, it was awesome. Thanks so much for an awesome day frolicking in the mountains!
- Valerie C00Unique Queenstown Experience - Highly RecommendMy only point of feedback for the vendor is that they didn’t confirm our pickup time in advance; I had to email and they confirmed that morning. Otherwise the tour was as promised, tour guide was knowledgeable and hospitable. Tour was a great mix of 4WD driving, breaks, infomation, etc. Our tour guide, Peter, was lovely - engaging and a great driver. Despite this being one of the “most dangerous roads in the world”, Peter’s driving never made me nervous or uncomfortable. He also had some great tour guide tricks that he shared with us to help us get that perfect photo. I would highly recommend this tour and Nomad Safaris and I would book with them again.
- Roving1442151216700LOTR 4 WD tourAmazing scenery, fantastic film locations. Justin was a passionate guide. Great fun, with a little surprise before the end. No spoilers. Would highly recommend
- daftmare00Great views of Skipper's Canyon even in poor weatherGreat trip...even though the weather was damp and misty it did not detract from this fascinating trip. Our driver was a lady whose name I cant remember but she was excellent. Safe driver with loads of experience and a wealth of knowledge. Views were stunning from inside the vehicle as well as outside. Thoroughly enjoyed the river crossings in Arrowtown and stopping to do some panning for gold...I found two tiny flecks!! Also had some lovely cake and coffee out the back of the jeep. Thoroughly recommend this activity. I only went because Milford Sound flights had been cancelled due to poor weather but this trip more than made up for it and I am so glad that I did it...
- 521zact00Fantastic Tour of Queenstown - with SarahLovely day out and trip around Queenstown and surrounding region! Sarah was a fantastic guide who loved the region and was very knowledge about it. She was very friendly and easy to talk to and open to all questions! Would highly recommend.
- smF2461DJ00Lots of funWe had a wonderful time, mostly due to our guide, Jordan. He was friendly, easygoing, knowledgeable, and gave a good vibe to the entire experience. There were fewer LOTR-specific locations than expected (some were just pointed out from afar), but the bits about local history were really enjoyable, too, and we got to visit places I wouldn't have wanted to attempt as tourists on our own. Definitely glad we went.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We had a fantastic morning enjoying the scenery, stories and some great humour with our guide, Brent.
Would recommend this walk for all abilities
Would recommend this walk for all abilities
Written March 30, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
The scenery is quite magic. It is great to know that our guides are always doing their best to make your day memorable! Thanks for the review!
Written May 4, 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day) provided by Nomad Safaris
Product Overview: Routeburn Track Guided Walk (Half-Day)
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos