Visit: Fantail Tours, Dunedin New Zealand
9am departure from Port Chalmers cruise terminal. Imagine a flexibility and comfort you enjoying a tour in a small group!
On days when cruise ships arrive later our tour departure is delayed, please contact us for specific days.
Stops include at:
• Baldwin Street - the steepest street in the world
• Signal Hill Lookout to enjoy spectacular views of the city, harbor and peninsula
• University of Otago - the oldest university and one of the most beautiful in New Zealand
• First Church
• Dunedin Botanic Garden - internationally significant and the oldest in New Zealand
• Dunedin Railway station
• Otago Peninsula drive with breathtaking scenery with photos stops
After city sightseeing you will continue the tour onto Otago Peninsula where you will have the most breathtaking harbor and ocean views. You will have some free time to spend at Larnach Castle garden. Here is always something to see in the gardens at Larnach Castle. This is more than just a Garden of International Significance; it is a unique collection of specialised gardens. For instance, there is a Patterned Garden, the Lost Rock Garden, the Serpentine Walk, the Rain Forest, the South Seas Garden, the Alice Lawn, and the Laburnum Arch and Green Room.
• Larnach Castle garden entry includes to see the only castle of New Zealand from outside only, explore internationally significant garden or just relax and have a drink at the cafe.
• After a visit to Larnach Castle gardens you will be taken to board a small boat for a wildlife cruise to enjoy the unique wildlife of Otago Harbour: Royal Albatrosses, NZ fur seals or sea lions, variety of birds. We sometimes see dolphins or whales. The wildlife is different every day so it is hard to predict what you encounter on the day.
• You will be back at Port to board the ship by 3.30pm