Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned late model Mercedes Benz vans.
- Hotel Pick up and Drop Off.
- Complimentary Hotspot WIFI provided.
- Complimentary light refreshments provided.
- Wine Tasting at 4 wineries.
- 2 Course Lunch at one of the winery (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your preferred location in Christchurch ( Airbnb and Motels)
- NZ South Island Tours & Travel Ltd., 17/268 Worcester Street, Christchurch Central City, Christchurch 8011, New Zealand Your preferred location in Christchurch ( Airbnb and Motels)
- lyttelton port
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 71335P13
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch?
- Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch price starts from $391.28. Discover and book Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch cancellation policy?
- Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch?
- Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch is hosted by NZSI Tours & Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact NZSI Tours & Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 71335P13
About the operator
NZSI Tours & Travel
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined in April 2018
#2 of 37 Transportation in Christchurch
- juliatwickenham00Sort out your headphones, erraticHeadphones are rubbish, erratic commentary so no idea what any of what we are seeing is about. Let’s hope it gets better
- Traveler8448500Great TripWe travelled on the TranzAlpine to Arthur's Pass and completed the tour via mini van to Castle Hill (plus other lookout stops) on Sunday 24th September. Snow had fallen the day before and it was a winter wonderland. ❄️❄️❄️. Our tour guide Anush was friendly and knowledgeable. Anush was well prepared and made sure everyone was comfortable. Well worth the trip.
- Veena K00Wonderful experienceThe train ride took us to see beautiful snow mountains and the Waimakariri River sections only visible in the train route. The tour back from Arthur’s Pass was fantastic with a great and knowledgeable tour guide. Loved the stops at lookouts and walks eg to the waterfall, Castle Hill and a Maori site. Comfortable overall.
- Sonya B00I loved every part of this trip. The scenery was mind blowing… but the driver was THE BEST in every way. So so good 😊100+++ stars! I want to go again tomorrow!! Apart from the stunning scenery… the driver was exceptional. He couldn’t have done anything more to make our trip amazing.
- taraship00Worth every penny!First, we had an excellent driver. He was not only friendly but made us feel safe on the road. He was knowledgeable and shared great information. He also had answers for any question asked of him. The drive itself is long but the seats are comfortable and the scenery is amazing. We had enough time at each stop to truly see the sights. And then, the final destination, Mt. Cook, is awe-inspiring. We had a gorgeous day so we could see everything. And the glacier and icebergs were unbelievable. Overall, it's worth every penny. I'd highly recommend.
- mimo13400Best trip to explore Mount Cook and nearby locationsAmazing trip! Our tour guide cum driver Anuj was a gem. He reached on time for pick-up, provided all details of the itinerary, adequate options for periodic breaks and exploring different destinations. He also provided interesting commentary of the locations. Really loved the refreshments he brought for us. Trip was well structured and not rushed with adequate time to spend at each destination. Look forward to more memorable trips with NZSI in future.
- benwS4579JD00Good simple tripThe tour guide was lovely and the trip ran without any issue. The walks are all easy enough for most walkers. There was a 91 yo at the top of the waterfall walk for example.
- County-Hunter00One of the best!I wish I could give this tour 10 stars, it was that good. My wife and I have been on guided tours all over the world and nowhere else have we found a better run tour with such a knowledgeable and caring host. Communication before and during the tour was fantastic and we knew exactly where to be picked up and what we would be doing. The train ride part was awesome, but it was the stops after the train that made it worth the not so insignificant amount of money this tour costs. You will go on two fairly lengthy hikes (if you choose). The one to devils punch bowl falls takes an hour or so, but is well worth it. I was worried about making it. My wife and I are both over 60 and are not the most fittest people, but we took our time and made it. But this is not for those with limited mobility. The after lunch hike at Castle Hill was easier but still no cakewalk. But again, what made the day special was not so much the awesome scenery, but the awesome job the tour providers did. We even got chocolate on the way home. A great experience that should not be missed.
- Rebekah C00Great tour!Great day trip! The guide was very knowledgeable. We had great weather and Lake Tekapo/Mount Cook are both just stunning. Lots of stops throughout the day for the toilet and food as well. I would 100% recommend.
- JohnH20400A Fun ExcursionEverything went smoothly and our guide was knowledgeable and helpful and polite. The train ride was scenic and relaxing
- 459SylvieD00Spectacular viewsThe train ride from Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass was lovely; the train was clean, very comfortable and had great snacks and coffee. The views as we traversed the mountains were spectacular. The tour guide met us at Arthur’s Pass and then we continued by coach. There were 2 hikes: Devil’s punch bowl (a little challenging) and Castle Hill (easy) with continuous commentary on the coach. It was a wonderful, informative, beautiful day. Well worth the money!!
- pramodkarajgikar201400Out of the world simply GreatIt was fantastic experience of Transalpine in Tourism . Ms. Parul had organised the Tour perfect. Mr Anuj the Tour Guide is knowledgeable courteous in behavior and had Personal touch with Tourists .
- vanessahA6864YH00Great Trip When Short On TimeIf you're short on time or don't want to/can't drive to Mt. Cook on your own, this tour is a great alternative. You stop at highlights along the way which breaks the hours you spend sitting in the van into doable chunks. Our guide Anuj was a safe driver and informative guide throughout the day. Would highly recommend.
- rainsong30500Tranzalpine Train from Christchurch is definitely worth your time!Tour guide was informative, took us to the train, then led us from the train to further adventures on our way home. Aboard the train there was a cafe car with meals and snacks available for purchase. There was also an open air car which was providing people with a refreshing, slightly chilly breeze - except when going through a tunnel, when the breeze was infused with diesel fumes.
- rally_girlzz00Amazing view amazing tour guideMust be on your bucket list for sure!! I went there on the day trip and the tour guide/driver was just amazing, he was very nice, very patient. I had a great day..
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2018 • Friends
We have enjoyed our wine tour so much. The most amazing friendly and helpful service you can find. We will definitely recommend this company to all of our friends and family. Such lovely people.
Written September 9, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear Eva, We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your wine tour and found our services friendly & helpful. Again, we would like to thank you for your feedback & will be more than happy to welcome you on your next visit. Kind Regards, Parul
Written September 10, 2018
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Great wine tasting and food. Beautiful area and cozy dinning. Friendly people and guide very informative.
Written October 4, 2018
Dear Linda, Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your wine tasting day tour & found the guide informative. Kind Regards, Parul
Written October 25, 2018
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
What is included in the lunch? Instead of booking with lunch will the driver stop for alternate options?
The lunch was delicious and one of the highlights of the trip. It was at the Grey's Peak winery. There was a set menu with 3 courses, (salad/appetizer, main, dessert) and you had 2 options for each course. I do not know if the operator would stop for alternate options as we did not ask.
Buy it with
Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch provided by NZSI Tours & Travel
Product Overview: Private Waipara Valley Wine Tasting Tour with optional Gourmet Lunch
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos