Select Date and Travelers
Low Price Guarantee
Pre-book admission to Christchurch Gondola so that you can skip the ticket lines for the best views in Christchurch. This can't-miss attraction, rebuilt since the 2011 earthquake, features views of the city, Lyttelton Harbour, and the Canterbury Plains. This tour also offers an upgrade option to include other activities in Christchurch for a comprehensive experience.
- You'll start atChristchurch GondolaSummit Road, Heathcote Valley, Christchurch 8022, New ZealandPublic transport brings you directly to the Christchurch GondolaSee address & details
- 1Christchurch GondolaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Christchurch TramwayStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atChristchurch GondolaSummit Road, Heathcote Valley, Christchurch 8022, New ZealandPublic transport brings you directly to the Christchurch GondolaSee address & details
- Pre-booked Christchurch Gondola ticket helps you save time
- Watch a documentary about the history of Christchurch
- Upgrade for a botanic garden visit, a caterpillar shuttle, and a boat ride
- Ticket valid anytime during operating hours
What to Expect
With ticket in hand, head to the lower station and step aboard the Christchurch Gondola. Shuttle bus service from downtown is available (at own expense). When you arrive, you'll bypass the line to buy tickets and be headed up Mt. Cavendish in no time, a 10-minute ride in total. Once you arrive at the Port Hills crater summit, you'll get incomparable views over Lyttelton Harbour and the city of Christchurch. Be sure to have your camera ready for snaps of the Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps. You'll also be able to watch a video of the geologic and cultural history of Christchurch. Customize your tour with an upgrade option that include Christchurch Botanic Gardens, a ride on a caterpillar shuttle, and a punting boat ride on the Avon.
Christchurch Gondola, Summit Road, Heathcote Valley, Christchurch 8022, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Caterpillar Botanic Garden tour (if option selected at time of booking)
- 30-minute Avon River punt ride (if option selected at time of booking)
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Gondola
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Tramway
- Transport to/from the attractions
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes
- Please Note: This product does not include the Gondola Restaurant. Please make Restaurant arrangements separately, prior to your departure date
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchairs need to be smaller than 600cm wide to fit into the Gondola cabin
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Awesome - what an experience, not only the ride but what you get at the top. Beautiful views, a little show, restaurant, walkways - a must see in Christchurch
Date of experience: September 2020
Was first to arrive at 9.50am with being the only car in the car park. This pandemic has given us complete access to all attractions without the crowds. Brilliant ! Took the gondola 10 minute ride to the summit and it was a wonderful view all the way up. First went the…
1 Helpful vote
The ticket line was pretty long, but they moved us through fairly quickly. You can spend as long as you like up the top. The kids went on the luge an had a ball.
Date of experience: April 2019
Lovely day. Stopped for a coffee at the top. Beautiful views. All over the Canterbury area small walk around the kiosk
Date of experience: March 2020
I got there early via bus and it was really nice to be allowed in a little early to get out of the wind The ride is very smooth even on a windy day. The view from the top is indescribable really. You’re standing on a volcano rim and you can see two cities from there. There’s…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Christchurch Tramway
The drivers were fantastic. Full of local knowledge and just general information. Thoroughly recommend it
Great way to see the city centre
loved hearing the guides as we travelled around the city centre - interesting to hear about the rebuild and history…
Fun ride on the trams
A great way to spend the day looking around Christchurch, Hp - on -hop -off tram is a fun ride through the CBD and …
First day in Christchurch
Had a few hours spare after arriving early in Christchurch. Purchased passes and away we went. Fantastic way to see…
Such a lovely outing
A great way to see Christchurch especially after the quake. Lots of new builds and you can hop on and off
W caught the tram from the main station and just used it to hop on/off for the day. Stopped at the art gallery and …
this was a very good way to get about the city and learn about it. especially as we keep getting lost. the drivers…
Excellent in every way- great setting, food, wine and staff.
Really fun evening, right from start to finish. The interior of the tram was beautifully done out. Great food with …
Nice scenic view of the city, bit steep the price
A nice slow meandering tour through the city with a operator constantly giving notes about local buildings and thei…
C K M00
A trip to remember
As well as the expected sights, you'll see community groups engaging in their day to day activities, shopping preci…
Nice way to get around
Went for a team ride just for the experience and absolutely enjoyed the ride. Good way to see the inner city and w…
Excellent way to get around Christchurch
Wonderful way to explore the city and its highlights. We did a whole circuit first, around 50 mins then hopped on a…
Grandson wants to go again! We took our grandson to Chch a few years ago and did the tram, gondola and margaret mah…
The hop on and off tram experience was very worthwhile, but start as early as the trams start as later they are ver…
This was such a great way to see and learn about the city. We were on the original Christchurch one 178. The driver…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 386 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 928 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 781 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket
How much is Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket?
Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket price starts from $21.39. Discover and book Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket on Tripadvisor
What is the Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket cancellation policy?
Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket?
Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket is hosted by Christchurch Tramway. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Christchurch Tramway on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Christchurch Gondola Ride Ticket on Tripadvisor