Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour
By Cycle Remutaka
Discover the Remutaka Ranges' rich rail history & natural beauty, the meandering Hutt River trail, and the beautiful Eastern Bays. Taking in some of the best parts of the the Remutaka Cycle Trail, this is a challenging ride with a steep uphill climb to begin with. 65km of moderate riding.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 16-99, max of 15 per group
Duration: 6–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Comfortable and capable mountain bike / eBike
- Helmet and repair kit
- Rear carrier rack and trunk bag for your personal effects
- Packed lunch, water, and snacks
- First Aid kit and GPS tracker in case of emergency
- Ferry from Days Bay (5.30pm) back to Wellington's CBD
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Days Bay
- Excludes on-trail guide - our friendly staff will brief you and answer any questions you may have, but the trail is really easy to follow and full of information stations, so a guide isn't really necessary.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick you up from your accommodation in Wellington / Lower Hutt at 9am
- Wellington Intl Airport, Wellington New Zealand
- CentrePort Wellington, Shed 39/2 Fryatt Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 47917P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise height of each rider (important so we can prepare the right size of bike for you).
- Please advise of any dietary considerations you may have.
- Please wear appropriate clothing on the day - closed shoes with either shorts or tight-fitting pants for riding, along with a tshirt or similar and fleece / jumper in reserve.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour?
- Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour price starts from $106.67. Discover and book Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour cancellation policy?
- Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour?
- Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour is hosted by Cycle Remutaka. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Cycle Remutaka on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Remutaka Rail Trail Reversi Cycle Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 47917P14
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byWellingtonWairarapa
- 1Hutt RiverStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 2Days BayStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
NZ Remutaka Track is indeed a Great Ride with the support of Wildfinder
Returning to travel after Covid, we wanted to stay longer and go slower so New Zealand’s Remutaka cycle tour organi…
One of the best days out in 2 years in New Zealand.
We had an absolutely brilliant day out on the Remutaka Cycle Trail Highlights Tour, courtesy of Wildfinder. Despite…
Excellent route - customer service could be better
My husband and I recently did the trail starting in Cross Creek and ending at Brewtown - the opposite direction (ca…
Awesome Trail along with Fantastic service
We recently had the opportunity to ride yet another of NZ's great cycle trails. Wow! We especially enjoyed this tra…
3 very different, fabulous days
3 fantastic days cycling - all extremely different. Loved every minute, even when I was battling a head wind around…
Amazing day trip
Had a great day even with the weather not been very cooperative. Dave was extremely efficient and well organized, …
Brilliant experience from start to finish!
We started our trip from Petone and was greeted by Alex who set us up with our bikes and maps/instructions for the …
A Fun Trip First time with E-Bikes
We are not really bike riders but hired the e-bikes & completed the ride starting & finishing at Days Bay via the…
A wonderful three days
Dave organised a great 3 day ride for us. The bikes we hired were excellent. The accomodation was top notch, with …
Excellent service support & attitude
Dave couldn’t have been more available and easy to deal with leading up to and during this amazing trip. No request…
An epic trip on the Remutaka Cycle Trail! Thanks Cycle Remutaka!
My mum and I recently completed the 3 day trip on the Remutaka Cycle Trail - starting at Days Bay and finishing at …
Great, friendly and flexible service!
We hired bikes for the Rimutaka Cycle Trail rather than booking a tour, but the team could not have been more helpf…
Fantastic Remutaka Rail Trail Trip
We did a 3 day hire starting and finishing at Petone Wharf, including a day in Martinborough. We organised the tri…
All inclusive Remutuka circuit
This was a fully organised adventure through a variety of wonderful landscapes and cycle trail type. Some parts mor…
Dave and his team are super kind, generous, helpful and organised our 3 day ‘works’ Remutaka Trail cycle perfectly.…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I think this is the right category.........we did the four day trip from Days Bay on the Trail, ending back in Days Bay & including a night in Martinborough & then the Wild Coast. Each days riding was different but all exciting in their own way & varying from pretty straightforward to very challenging. Overall a fantastic experience with terrific logistical support from the team who arranged accommodations, meals & kept track of us all along the trip. Their guidance & maps were spot on & we felt well cared for even though we were on our own for the actual riding. A splendid experience though the Wild Coast is not for the faint of heart.
Written October 28, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thanks so much for the great review, glad you had such an awesome 4 day adventure on the Remutaka Cycle Trail :)
Written November 29, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.