This Rotorua Tour is designed for shore excursions from Tauranga. Clients can be picked up from local accommodation (within the Tauranga/Mt Maunganui/Papamoa area) &/or from the Port of Tauranga. We visit the Te Puia Maori Cultural Center for a welcome concert and tour through its extensive thermal grounds. The tour also covers a variety of different scenery en route and visits a working kiwifruit orchard and the Government Gardens. Pick up times can be adjusted to fit with cruise-ship arrival times
per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Quality transportation
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up from the Port of Tauranga, the Tauranga airport & local accommodation. At the Port of Tauranga we will meet you at the port gate. Your name will be held up on a placard.
- Tauranga Airport, Tauranga New Zealand
- Port of Tauranga Ltd, 2 Salisbury Avenue, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17888P8
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga?
- Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga price starts from $707.92. Discover and book Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga on Tripadvisor
- What is the Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga cancellation policy?
- Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga?
- Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga is hosted by Tauranga Tasting Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tauranga Tasting Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 17888P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Port of Tauranga LtdStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2KarapiroStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 3Waitomo Glowworm CavesStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Tauranga Tasting Tours
Tauranga, New Zealand
Joined in February 2011
#1 of 6 Food & Drink in Tauranga
- bonniep90100All good but for the tour guideThe tour was pretty good but for the unnecessary commentary from our guide Paul. He was especially harsh when describing properties now owned by The Māori and how they've done nothing with it 'as usual'. I personally did not appreciate his negative slant on the entire Māori population. He should have kept his predudices to himself. It was a real spoiler for us. The places he took us to , the caves, the Kiwi House and the honey producer were great, however his lunch spot was seedy with exceptionally poor service. I would not recommend this tour with this particular guide. Time for him to retire.
- T5184LFkates00Amazing experienceExcellent day on. Paul, thank you so much for the tour! The Waitomo cave is incredible! It was an informative conversation and a pleasant journey!
- MtSiView0900Personalized ServiceAs promised, we were met at the port gate by our guide, Paul Marston. As we were the only ones, we rode in Paul's beautifully maintained Toyota Crown. While disappointing that there was only one winery in the area, Paul had a full day scheduled. We started with a drive to see the area, highlighted by a high elevation lookout point, which showed off the huge port. Then a nice beer and cider tasting, followed by lunch at a marina. Full meal and drink, delicious. Then, the visit to Leveret winery. As a former wine industry employee, Paul gave an informative tasting from bubbles to reds, 8 wines, I believe. Then, back to the marina, where we enjoyed a treat and cocktail. Paul was easy and talk with and the day passed quickly. Kudos to his quick response to return my prescription eyeglasses in forgot in the car before we sailed away.
- notnicolekidman00A tour with attitudeThe tour guide was very knowledgeable about wine but also very opinionated to the point of being offensive. The restaurant was wonderful, but the beer stop and cocktail/dessert stops were awful. We were very disappointed.
- SuzanneA117100A fun full day of eating and sampling local wines, beer and spirits!My sister and I had a wonderful time visiting a winery, a brewery, a nice restaurant, and a bar restaurant near the Marina in Tauranga. Our tour guide, Paul, was the best. He was very knowledgeable and shared local information while driving us around. Each location we visited was excellent. I highly recommend this tour if you want to get local knowledge and visit several places without having to drive!
- Fiorenzo B00Great experience 😊Great experience! It was also very relaxing traveling throught the countryside. Paul, our guide/chauffeur, is a very kind person and he gave plenty of informations to us. Thank you Paul.
- Daibrial00A happy tummyPaul was an excellent guide! A Well paced day, with great quality food, wine, beer and cider throughout!
- 134martinaw00Amazing experienceWe did wine testing and cider factory for our friends leaving party. Lyn and Paul were great! Paul had awssome knowledge about wine and was very nice to talk to. We were prety loud girls, but he didn't mind. Great experience for anyone! When my family will come over from Európe i will definitely book this tour again! Highly recommend! Thank you! Tina and girls ;-)
- Fearless1246882332200Kati Kati and Waihi Foodie Tour - Gourmand GallavantsWhat a fun day out with like minded people. We visited a wide variety of artisans who happily shared the knowledge and back stories. We got to taste, cheese, Macadamias, wine,chocolate and a great lunch at a seaside cafe. We discovered people and food not generally known, even to the locals. Would go again.
- bernadette32000Gallivanting Gourmet Tasting Tour Mt Maunganui and TaurangaThe. Company is owner operated by Lyn and Paul, both of whom were a pleasure to deal with. The tour was 10 people which made if feel more like a group of friends rather than just a number on bigger tours. We were picked up from and returned to our home and because there were two of us we got a discount. First part of call was Elspeths Bakery where we sat under a pohutokowa tree and sampled cream and jam scones and Danish pastry. Then it was off to the Crossing to visit Pepper and me and Tauranga Hemp Farm at both venue we had samples and a talk - very enjoyable. Then it was off to lunch decorated with edible flowers at Bloom Cafe in Decor Garden Centre, Bethlehem - lunch was delicious and afterwards we had a tour of the garden and a talk about growing veg and herbs which produced edible flowers. Next stop Cider O in Te Puna where we sampled the different varieties of cider, fortunately Paul knows about wine tasting so was able to tell us how to taste them so we got full benefit. Then it was off to Vetro on 3rd Ave for more tasting of interesting, unusual foods. The tour lasted roughly 8 hours from pick up to drop off and it was an extremely nice way to spend my birthday on the first day of summer. So thank you Paul for a wonderful day and maybe on the next tour we take we will meet your wife Lyn. Thank you for checking vaccination status I really appreciated that. I have posted some photos and we will definitely be back for other tours. Highly recommend this company.
- GKimb00Excellent tour!We had a wonderful day exploring the Waitomo glow worm caves, kiwi sanctuary and the countryside of the Tauranga area. Our guide Bron was great. She is very informative and makes sure you get to see everything you want....including Hokey Pokey ice cream! Our tour was almost 7 hours long but the time flew as we enjoyed every minute of it. We would highly recommend this tour and company!
- sheldon g00Great tour to see TaurangaThe Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience tour was a lot of fun. Seeing geysers, boiling lakes and a Maori cultural village with a very entertaining show were interesting and fun. Paul, our tour guide was very helpful, and extremely informative. For someone who has only a brief time to spend in the Tauranga area, this tour provides an excellent overview of the New Zealand native culture, and its unique topography.
- Robert W00Waitomo Caves and Kiwi HouseWe chose to book this tour via Viator rather than through Viking Orion. In fact Viking did not offer a true tour of the glow worm caves. We found the tour guide, who is also the owner of Tauranga Tasting Tours, Paul just fabulous. We were in a small SUV (A very private personal tour) and rode throughout the very beautiful New Zealand Farmland (Though brown from drought). We saw many different items and Paul had significant knowledge of the Maori culture, the farm and dairy industry, Kiwi birds and fruit, glow worms, hydro power and Tauranga industry. This tour is a must. The glow worms were worth the long trip (About 2- 2 1/2 Hours). The tour was very nice. The caves are well guided and the worms were/are beautiful. We did see the pair of Kiwis in their nocturnal habitat. We had to move quickly to meet our cruise times, so we couldn't dally. We also ate local food for lunch that was quite interesting and good. This is a perfect reason why to book outside of the cruise line. The tour was priced better than most tours by Viking and was truly awesome.They got us back in plenty of time to re-embark as well. I cannot say enough good things about Paul.
- kevincN9763HI00The Best Wine Tour we have ever been on includes Australian Hunter Valley and SA BarossaWe booked the Tour through Trip Advisor rather than on the Ship We were met outside the gate at Tauranga at 10am as planned and returned the the ship before any deadline 4.30pm.Paul our host was brilliant he had great wine knowledge and was a character when we visited the first winery we had a food platter for 2 that was to die for along with the wine tasting and the second winery the wines host was excellent and to finish off we had a tour of Tauranga and a cocktail and a wonderful dessert at the newly renovated old Post Office
- william f00Better than expectedThe concert was entertaining and explained some of the Maori culture. The performers seemed to enjoy what they were doing especially when the guests performed the haka under their direction. A truly enjoyable hour. The thermal springs were interesting but was crowded as a large tour bus unloaded at about the same time as we arrived. Kiwis were hiding and we failed to see any. Over all worth the $.
Buy it with
Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga provided by Tauranga Tasting Tours
Product Overview: Exclusive Rotorua Cultural and Geothermal Experience from Tauranga
Number of Photos