Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing
By Volcanic Air
Combine the thrill of landing on Mount Tarawera with a flight that includes spectacular aerial views of our stunning crater lakes, the renowned Tarawera Falls and the vibrant Waimangu and Wai-O-Tapu geothermal reserves. Leaving Wai-O-Tapu we descend to follow the Waikato River to the hidden valley of Orakei Korako. Once landed, you will ferry across the river and begin your land-based tour. Experience hot springs, gushing geysers and the natural beauty of this geothermal wonderland. Your return flight takes in views of farmland and the Paeroa mountain range before flying over Rotorua City and returning to our lakefront pier.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-100, max of 6 per group
Start time: Check availability
- Driver and Guide
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Tarawera
- Entry/Admission - Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal Park
- Departure details
- Lakefront Drive, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand Rotorua City Lakefront
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5222P11
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing?
- Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing price starts from $804.60. Discover and book Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing cancellation policy?
- Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing?
- Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing is hosted by Volcanic Air. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Volcanic Air on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Mount Tarawera/Orakei Korako "Thermal Explorer" Dual Landing on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5222P11
- You'll start atLakefront DriveLakefront Drive, Rotorua 3010, New ZealandRotorua City LakefrontSee address & details
- Pass byWaimangu Volcanic ValleyWai-O-Tapu
- 1Mt. TaraweraStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Orakei Korako Cave & Thermal ParkStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Stunning views of Rotorua and Mount Tarawera
A really amazing experience to land on the mountain and walk to the summit. The views from the mountain and during …
A "must do" Rotorua experience
An amazing experience seeing the Rotorua lakes region from the air, out-weighed only by the rare opportunity to set…
Fantastic experience / child friendly👍
Absolutely amazing experience for the whole family incl 3+5 yr old!! The pilot Stephen is super helpful, nice and k…
An amazing flight to Mt Tarawera and beyond
The weather was not looking good for the day we had booked. We were placed on a flight the day earlier thanks to St…
Absolutely great time flying around the area, awesome knowledgeable pilot who shared interesting things about Mount…
Amazing worthwhile experience in Rotorua
Our excellent pilot, Sam, gave us good information on the areas we flew over which included Tarawera falls, landing…
Not expensive for the experience
The desk clerk was informative and helpful. Sam, our pilot was knowledgeable and approachable. The area is stunning…
Incredible plane ride
Amazing experience on a stunning day! Could see for miles, the views were incredible and our Pilot was knowledgeabl…
Float plane trip to lake Rotoiti geothermal hot pools.
Great way to spend the morning, float plane flight from Rotorua lakefront to the natural hot pools (only peasants g…
Awesome flight and soak
Beautiful scenic flight in a floatplane over lake Rotorua to lake Rotoiti for a soak in the exclusive access therma…
A REAL TREAT. GO, GO, GO !!!!
We did the floatplane trip to the Lake Rotoiti hot pools. Not mentioned much on their webside, but told about it b…
what an amazing experience! the whole experience from taking off to flying around the lakes was so amazing, especia…
Really exceeded my expectations! So cool to see Rotorua from above and really surreal being able to land and walk a…
My wife and I took the Floatplane ride to the hotpools. The whole plane ride experience was amazing. The staff were…
A Different Type of Kiwi Experience
An escape for a day from Auckland was needed so thought we will road trip to Rotorua and try something new. It land…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was one of the most enjoyable tours we have done on a helicopter. We landed on Mt Tarawera on the most beautiful day and you could literally see for miles. Our pilot was professional, caring, informative and fun. We then went over the beautiful countryside and saw waterfalls, thermal activity until landing at Orakei Korako. Such a beautiful area to enjoy. We never felt rushed on this tour and felt it was such good value for money. We shared seats so we all had an opportunity to enjoy the helicopter views. This is the only way to go and such a professional company.
Written October 30, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Written October 31, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.