Actively explore the natural wonders that fascinate all outdoor enthusiasts. Here, at the beginning of YOUR path, forget everyday life, find YOUR way to slow down and develop a feeling for New Zealand! 60 km of black sand beach, beautiful landscapes, diverse vegetation, rainforest, boobies you can experience all this and more on our Wild West Tour From the “City of Sails” we drive through the Kumeu wine region to Muriwai (45 min), where you can enjoy a 30-minute walk with fantastic views in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary’s (Hillary Trail). From Maukatia Bay it goes along the Otakamiro Trail to the gannet colony. Witness the natural forces of sun, wind and waves ... before heading back to Auckland Qualmark Bronze Award - Light Footprint - Safe & Sound - Warm Welcome
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Driver / guide
- Hotel / port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the city center
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103033P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour?
- Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour price starts from $90.30. Discover and book Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour cancellation policy?
- Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour?
- Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour is hosted by Beautiful Nature Tours Auckland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Beautiful Nature Tours Auckland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103033P6
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Muriwai Gannet ColonyStop: 3 hoursWild West Coast, Mystic Rainforest, Black Volcanic Surf Beach and Gannet ColonyRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Beautiful Nature Tours Auckland
Joined in February 2018
#38 of 138 Outdoor Activities in Auckland Central
- U1640QMthomasr00Great one day tour with great tour guide!During a stopover we had one day time for a tour to see Northern Island. Gesa was a wonderful very experienced guide, planning the tour and showing us around. Higly recommend the tour!!
- corhof00Great tour guide! Great experience for my family.We had an unexpected 2 days in Auckland and I messaged Gesa and she put together a little itinerary for us and we had a fantastic time! She's an excellent guide and filled our days with memorable experiences.
- hotelmavin00Touring our way, at our pace, with helpful and knowledgeable driverOur visit to Auckland was enhanced by these 2 days of tours. Guess Mitchell is a multi lingual dedicated tour guide and driver. We enjoyed a roomy VW minivan to get to the various sights . Day 1 was the west side and the Otakamiro trail where the great white birds which spend 1/2. Year in Australia but return to mate and give birth on the shore in Auckland. Scores of them put on a dramatic show and we had a front and center seat! Old volcanoes are interesting to explore and we enjoyed these views from the bottom as well as up top, where we also had great views of the ocean. And surrounding islands. Gesa surprised us with a delicious picnic lunch in a park area. Walking along the ocean became a fitting way to conclude a busy day. Day 2 we headed North to the Pacific Ocean. The sculpturium is a must visit, and we spent 2 hours walking among the amazing sculptures, meticulous landscaping, and surprise inspirational sayings, yet we really wanted more time! Manuka honey can only be found here and we got quite an education on why this is both delicious and medicinal! Gesa knew the way to my heart was through my stomach, so she shared the location of the BEST gelato in Auckland, and we all indulged in organic deliciousness!!! Gesa was friendly, timely, and well prepared. She had been in contact with my wife several times before we arrived so we could design the best use of time and greatest opportunity to see the sights.
- jermanyjack00A really GREAT half-day Auckland TourWe were Gesa's first customers after the COVID-19 New Zealand lockdown was reduced to Level-2. She gave us the royal treatment and we were much appreciative that we could tour with her during our last week in New Zealand. We can recommend Gesa's knowledgeable and informative tours without reservation!
- c111900Wonderful day on the west and east coast of AucklandWe loved our private tour with Gesa. On our way from downtown Auckland to the beautiful west coast black sand beach she helped us understand the lay of the land and local culture. The walk through the forest was beautiful and she pointed out the differences between the different vegetation at different elevations as we made our way to see the Gannet birds and beach. If we had another day we would have booked another tour! Highly recommend this company. She will alter the trip based on what you’d like to see.
- RenandRob Q00Highlight of our tripGesa made us feel at ease from the moment she arrived and comfortable throughout the whole trip. She was so flexible and accomodating especially since we were traveling with a 3 year old daughter. She was knowledgeable knew awesome off the beaten path areas (which were easy enough for our daughter) that led to the beat views and experiences. She provided snacks and even bought us coffee! This was the highlight of our trip to New Zealand.
- Kate C00Fantastic!!Our guide Gesa was very professional & on time. She was knowledgeable about the places we visited which were off the beaten tourist track. I would strongly recommended to anyone visiting Auckland city to book this tour City to Surf. Gesa even picked us up early morning from the airport as our hotel room was not ready to check in. This bridged the gap we had to fill in time exploring the city & the beautiful natural scenery of the West Coast. A fun time had by all with wonderful memories we will treasure and some great photos too!! Kate, New York.
- shellcaughey00Day tourWow. What can I say.....I have experienced a beautuful part if New Zealand which I would never have seen otherwise. Thankyou so much Gesa. You were punctual for the pickup and drop off, warm, fun and full of interesting conversation. You designed the day to suit our requirements perfectly...thankyou for being so felxible. All the best!
- 00A day to rememberThank you Gesa for showing us areas we would never have discovered....getting us off the beaten track and enjoying the natural beauty around us. Your knowledge and enthusiasm made our tour a time we will always remember. We will be back.
- pemberman00PainlessI organised a surprise visit to NZ for my wife. From the moment I made contact with Gesa I knew she would be in safe hands. Gesa responded to queries quickly and customised a tour that met my wife’s interests. The visit to the Sculptureum - sculpture park - at Matakana was a particular highlight. Thank you Gesa for making this trip run so smoothly and also going off the beaten track to make it incredibly interesting.
- roadmini00Impressions of Auckland’s untouched Wild West coastAfter living in Auckland for 5 years I got reacquainted with the rough and beautiful side of New Zealand last April when Gesa guided my wife and I to Bethells Beach. I had gone to the rough side a number of times when I lived there in the old Kiwi way “Go west until you see the surf and have fun” The trip with Gesa was so different, we knew where we were going, we were prepared for all conditions, faced some and had a much more fun and exciting time. We certainly covered more area with many more different perspectives than I had seen before. Yes the trip with Gesa was much better than seeing the surf practically ruining a pair of shoes in the black goop and trying to have fun drying and rinsing everything out!!! Thanks Gesa!
- heinzgunter00Impressions of Auckland’s untouched Wild West coastWe did a private tour to Bethells Beach and walked for about two hours through bush and along Black sand volcanic beach. Crossed streams and experienced Auckland off the beaten track..... Even though the weather was overcast and at the end of our tour it started to rain, that did not dampen our spirits because after such an amazing tour we were on a complete “high” It was so fantastic to see such breathtaking views and experience New Zealand like we never imagined and most certainly could never have had this experience without Gesa as our wonderful host and tour guide. Natürlich war das Gesa super nett, flexibel und hat sich unseren Wünschen angepasst. .... sowas kann man nur erleben mit einer privaten Tour und natürlich waren wir sehr glücklich und zufrieden daß wir diese Tour mit Gesa unternommen haben, die beste von den besten!!!
- neeshellis00Show casing the Auckland region!Gesa took me on the most stunning day up to Matakana and the Regional park. If you have limited time in Auckland you must do this! Absolutely stunning, a day I won’t forget, thank you!
- 00Tawharanui walk and wine tourThank you for the wonderful tour..... We really appreciate you customising our day to what we wanted.....The honey centre, lunch at winery, and walks experiencing NZ nature were a real highlight. We’ll be back again!
- Heather K00Fantastic day out in nature with friendsWe had a fabulous day out with our guide, which allowed us to experience stunning parts of the North Island that we wouldn’t otherwise have seen as they were off the normal “tourist” track. Loved the walks (not too difficult), and the lunch at the winery was nothing less of exquisite. Thanks Gesa!! We’ll be back!!
Buy it with
Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour provided by Beautiful Nature Tours Auckland
Product Overview: Breathtaking west coast, rainforest, beach and boobies - German private tour
Number of Photos